Will Deebo Be a Jet (Poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Apr 25, 2022.

?

Will Deebo be a Jet in 2022?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2022.
  1. Yea

11 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. No

102 vote(s)
    90.3%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Our Jets are always used as leverage. I think Samuel and the 49ers are both happy using the Jets in this instance

hornblower and REVISion like this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I heard this bit recently and I'm not sure that was the takeaway. I think Hughes just said he's spoken with some people in the NFL that had Moore higher than anyone this year, I don't think he specified that it was a Jets employee who said that.

Noam likes this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure were close because we'd likely see news about Deebo talking to Joe. There is no way JD is going to make the trade without knowing what Deebo's future intentions are about contract and where he wants to play. He is not going to make the trade for a two year rental. I'm also concerned that Samual is insisting he wont play again for the niners. If he only lasted 3 seasons on the posh niners, he ain't going to last too long on the tire fire Jets.

4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

It’s not a big leap to think the team who drafted him and is on the writers “beat” is the team who said it.

5. REVISion

True but I think the exact wording was "there are people in the NFL who think Moore was a better prospect than any WR this year" which just seems oddly vague if he was thinking of people with the Jets. I suppose it's possible Hughes was intentionally vague to not leak anything the Jets brass didn't want him to, but idk.

Noam likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It makes sense to me, Elijah Moore was the 2nd pick in the 2nd round, not some low round flier. Basically Moore was a first rounder, as the QBs typically get over-drafted due to their position, as Wilson, Fields, Lance, and Mac Jones were.

So Elijah Moore was essentially a late-first round graded prospect, as are all these top wide receivers in this draft. They will be drafted at a higher slot simply because there are less QBs. Moore is just as good of a prospect as Garrett Wilson, or Drake London, etc.. The draft just falls differently in different years.
    --

For what its worth, NFL.com pre-draft ratings:

Elijah Moore 6.45
    Garrett Wilson 6.50
    Drake London 6.40
    Treylon Burks 6.50
    Jameson Williams 6.48

splitting hairs there - of course its possible a team will have rated Moore higher than some or even all of those guys

#46 BrowningNagle, Apr 26, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    apjbfc likes this.
  7. KingRoach

Hmm. My take away was multiple people both inside and outside the organization.

I believe “there are people in the…” was originally written “practically everyone in the…” but Connor didn’t want to seem too pretentious.

8. REVISion

It was said on a podcast, not written I don't think. Why do you think he meant "practically everyone" when he said "there are people"? There are people implies a couple, a few, some. I don't think it would've been pretentious to state the opinions of others differently.

Noam likes this.
  9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I feel it means that he trades away our only pro bowler in a long time for a bunch of picks (which I completely agree with in the Adams situation). He stated and clearly had intent to use those picks to build through the draft. He traded away Sam (which I agreed with). To once again build through the draft as he selected Wilson.

For me if you have that philosophy to make those trades because of second contracts with Jamal and 5th year option with Sam. It has to be because he wanted to use those picks on 5 years of controlled cap space. Also he preached at the meetings in Florida we have no over paid contracts on the roster and that everyone on the team wants to be there.

Offering Deebo, AJ, Tyreek, DK multiple high picks for good player but players who want to get paid and is going where the money is. This change in philosophy on a dime is reckless. If we loose 10 + 38 For Deebo or AJ or DK I think that’s reckless. You are giving up valuable assets plus 25 mil a year. Doesn’t make sense to me… if he was a free agent and we don’t loose 10 + I’m all for it.

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Or we end up drafting Ekwonu & J. Johnson & hope we can find a good WR at 35.

#50 BudJet, Apr 26, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    KY Jets Fan and ouchy like this.
  11. KingRoach

Yeah…. I’m a big fan of building Thru the draft but not exclusively Thru the draft

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  12. KingRoach

I was being silly having Connor say “every thinks Moore is the best WR”

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

moore should have went to the giants in the 1st but gettleman is awful. Personally I think moore is better then any WR prospect this year. which is a big part a WR at 10 doesn't sit well with me but it is what it is

Noam likes this.
  14. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

If you look at the 2019 NFL Draft the top 4 picks were #25 Marquise Brown BAL, #32 N'Keal Harry NE, #36 Deebo Samuel 49érs, and #51 A.J Brown Tenn. The second rounders were the better players.

15. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Honestly this is why I don't buy a lot of the Deebo stuff. The rumored asking price for Deebo goes well beyond what the Jets offered (and KC accepted) for Hill.

Rockinz likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Tony Pauline is never right.

dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The question is: what constitutes "massive"? And if it's ridiculous, then it's has Woody's pawprints all over it. SMH.

REVISion and dawinner127 like this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It can't be more than 10+69. Anything more than that take a hike.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

35 + 38 and maybe a future 4th at best IMO. no way JD as stingy as he is offers 10 + more. He offered 35 + 38 + 69 for hill . here are some comparisons

jets for hill 1315
    mia for hill 1119
    LV for adams 1150
    bills for diggs 780

now you can probably throw out the diggs because the market exploded but hill and adams are good examples. IMO hill and adams are better then deebo however deebo is younger then both and the niners are negotiating harder. still i'd like to think somewhere between 1100 to 1315 would be the market

possibly combos for the jets

same offer as hill 1315 (35 + 38 + 69) this gives them the WR they need, plus having 4 and 10 for edge and whatever else they want (so 1st 5 picks become say ekwonu, JJ, and deebo)
    bumps it up a little 1360 (10OA + 117) this gives the niners a direct replacement pretty much of their choice at 10 plus an extra pick and the cap savings of his contract. jets get their WR, have the cap room and still 4 OA plus 2 high 2nds and a high 3rd

now to me it's an overpay. bets i'd offer to them personally is

10OA (1300)+ 117 (60) for deebo + 61 (292) that makes the net value for deebo at 1068 a little behind adams and hill but overall worth about the 15th OA pick which would be the highest pick traded for a WR in the past decade
    35 + 38 for deebo = thats a value of 1070 for deebo pretty similar to above but we keep both 1sts and they can take 2 high players or look to move them for a top 15 pick

ColoradoContrails likes this.