2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What’s the over/under on the Yankees running out the same lineup in consecutive games? I’m going to say 4.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I was chatting about this yesterday. You can even see it in his stuff, there's a clear difference.

He can still be an ace, but I'm not sure he will be as dominant as he was in Houston and NY pre sticky stuff ban. We got kind of duped

bicketybam likes this.
  3. Dierking

Between the Cole in Stanton contracts, I can totally understand being gun shy with Judge

4. JackBower

I just always go back to we gave Hicks a 4 years contract, now we can't sign our best position player.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That's such a bad look by Cashman. Go pay all the other stars to get them here in NY, but not take care of your own guy.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It's not like the offered him chump change. It was a fair offer.

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. dawinner127

I personally think Judge is an idiot for not taking it, but there was also no reason for the Yanks to not make this year bump to 30m rather than the 17 or 21m arbitration number they are going to end up with. It's the new york yankees for gods sake. Why are they bickering of $9-$13 million? It's a terrible look. The years should have been the hard part and it seemed like they were content with 7 and it seemed like Judge was okay with 7, why are we fighting over money?

8. bicketybam

Maybe they didn't want to pass the Mets in total payroll?

9. Dierking

Yeah, I wasn't so much defending Cash, who I think is real mediocre at best, but I can see him at least learning from the mistakes those contracts are. Regardless of how it looks, homegrown or not, Judge is pretty iffy to bet on staying on the field for the next seven years. $215 million can buy a lot of talent.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This year might finally do Cashman in.

11. Dierking

Cole is just a ridiculous player to have to root for.

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. JackBower

5 walks and pulled before two innings.

13. bicketybam

Fuck that guy.

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. dawinner127

Wonder what his excuse is going to be. It's 40 degrees outside, but every pitcher is dealing with that. NY radio going to be brutal tomorrow morning

15. Dierking

It’s okay. The Yankees only have him on the books for 35 mill for the next 7 years. I expect him to improve with age like a fine Malbec.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

17. dawinner127

The crazy part about the Yankees right now is that they’ve allowed the least amount of runs in the AL. The pitching, which was supposed to be the weak part of the team, has actually been good outside of Cole.

the lineup is atrocious. Gallo is unplayable and Torres is almost there. Gallo has like 15 Ks in 33 ABs. Cashman literally ran it back with the same team and we are seeing the same issues last year. Vilma’s post a few days ago is spot on, maybe this is the year that actually does cashman in

18. bicketybam

Aren't you a Mets fan?

The best starting pitcher is Cortes. His stuff is nasty. Guy can't throw harder than 91 but his location and pitch selection is so nasty. I love that guy.

I grew up watching baseball in the 70's and 80's. That was an era when guys could actually bat .300 while hitting 30 home runs and driving in 100. The game has changed and I really dont care for it. I hate how the game revolves around the home run. It's all or nothing. Gallo is the poster boy for this brand of baseball. Watching him at the plate is painful.

Cashman's time is all but over. Granted they made the wildcard last year with their pitching staff decimated by injuries, but he should have done more to improve the team. Maybe Hank just doesn't want to spend the money. It's crazy to think the Mets have a higher payroll than the Yankees.

Since1969 likes this.
  19. dawinner127

Yeah, I'm a die hard Mets fan, but I love the game and follow the Yankees closely. I hope I don't come off as a troll or just trying to bait anyone into arguments because I'm really not here to do that. Just like talking baseball.

If I were a Yankees fan the only thing that would worry me about Cashman is if they (ownership) really do believe the playoffs are a crapshoot and just by making it every year they have an actual shot to win the World Series. So if that comes from the top & all they need to do is continuously make the playoffs and then their opportunity will come, Cashman may not actually be out of a job if he is doing what the ownership wants.

20. bicketybam

Good game from Severino last night. I would have liked to see him go longer. I don't think he will be the pitcher he used to be but he can still be an effective starter in the league.

I got a feeling Chad Greene is going to over used as usual this year. Boone uses him so much. They really need to get more innings out of their starters otherwise their bullpen is going to be shot by the end of the year.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.