Concerts

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Savatage, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

First concert I ever saw was the Left Banke in Kinnelon N.J.

Second was Cream at the Commack Arena... :confused:

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dead Kennedys 85, what album were the touring off of?

3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

He was actually suffering from medically certified Insomnia and couldn't keep up with all the touring.

His last tour with Nightwish, the Imaginarium Tour, lasted 572 days and visited 34 countries and the 104 concerts played to over 1.5 million people. Not ideal if you can't get enough sleep!

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Frankenchrist...

5. Dierking

Ah. I saw that tour. Some dive in NYC. Hate to say it but that was definitely post peak for them.

Speaking of which, this weekend I'm going to see Blue Oyster Cult. Yeah, have at me. The Black and Blue tour changed my life. Jello Biafra says their first albums were a big influence.

Savatage likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That's a band I've never seen that I wished I had. When I was young they used to play at the Chance in Poughkeepsie under the name Soft White Underbelly. I was just a little too young to go see them at the time.

7. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Cities on flame with rock n roll. Buck Darma mean guitar. They used to play Bridgeport & New Haven a lot.

8. PennyRoyal10

All good, I liked BOC growing up. Peak DK to me was Plastic Surgery Disasters, but just seeing them LIVE is still one of my favorite shows ever. I live in S FL and saw them in Miami. Miami had a storied history of riots, so naturally they opened with "Riot" with tit's slow build intro, when the song finally kicks in the place went absolutely batshit crazy! Almost 40 years later I sill remember it, clear as day...

stinkyB and Dierking like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I worked with Jello on a show I produced.

You know what they say about meeting your heroes... :confused:

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  10. PennyRoyal10

Jello seems to be a guy that upon meeting would bum me out...

11. Dierking

There’s nothing as punk as musicians screwing other musicians out of royalties.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sunrise Music Theater?

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

super impressive... but gotta say, seeing KORN on this list is like seeing a list of supermodels and playmates you nailed with Roseanne Barr squeezed in there

14. PennyRoyal10

Cameo Theater/Miami

15. bicketybam

I saw Megadeth with Suicidal Tendencies (or maybe the Infection Grooves, but I think Suicidal) down in the city somewhere. The Ritz maybe? I'd have to look at the stub. That was an amazing show. I had to drive my buddy to the ER afterwards because he tore his ACL in the pit. Fucking dope.

I saw Soundgaeden at the Armory in Manhattan. It was the Super unknown tour. It was July and probably 95 degrees outside. It had to be 105 underground. The air just didn't move. They pulled at least a dozen people out of the mosh pit that night. People were fainting left and right from dehydration and the heat. That had to be the worst venue I've ever been too.

One concert I was lucky to see was Robert Plant with Stevie Ray Vaughan opening. This was maybe 3 or 4 mo that be fire he died. I didn't know a ton of SRV's music and we were late getting in from the tailgate (Brendan Byrne Arena). I beat myself up to this day for missing the first part of his set. He was absolutely amazing. He did a version of Willie the Wimp that just blew me away.

I saw the Band in New Haven, CT. Toad's Place, I believe. A friend of my older brother called me up last minute and asked if I wanted to go. It was actually really good. This was early 90's.

Another somewhat unique show I saw was the Kinks in Brewster, NY at a shitty little ski mountain (Thunder Ridge aka Big Birch) It was an outdoor concert during the summer and the Kinks were amazing. So glad I got to see them. Again, that was in the 90's.

One more show worth mentioning....the Ramones at Polo's in Brewster, NY. I wasn't 21 yet so it must have been 1988 or so. Polo's was a dance club that played shitty 80's dance music. But somehow they managed to book the Ramones. It wasn't crowded at all and I was right up against the stage. Joey looked pretty fucked up. I'll never forget him saying "Brewster, New York....where the fuck is Brewster, NY?!"

Edit: The Band was at the Marquee. I found the stub. Megadeth was with Suicidal and it was the Ritz.

#35 bicketybam, Apr 20, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  16. bicketybam

Found my concert stubs. Here are a few.

Styx was supposed to be my first concert back in 1983. My older brother got the tickets (it was the Mr. Roboto tour). But 2 weeks before the concert, Tommy Shaw put his hand through a plate glass window and they had to reschedule the show for several months later. So my first concert ended up being a benefit concert for Ronnie Lane at MSG called the A.R.M.S concert. Jimmy Page, Joe Cocker, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton and more. Not a bad first show.

I got to see Frank Zappa. Almost forgot about that.

Saw U2 before they really exploded in popularity. Great seats for that one. That's I'm my top 5 concerts of all time.

First time I saw Metallica I went to see the Cult. Was planning on leaving when Metallica came on but decided to stick it out. That concert made me a fan.

Jethro Tull was a really great show. My older brother was a huge fan so I was very familiar with their stuff. Martin Barre is a very good guitarist and they were spot on that night.

@typeOnegative13NY I found the concert stubs for the Queensryche/Type-O show!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Savatage likes this.
  17. bicketybam

Imagine paying $13.50 to see a concert? Those were the days.

Savatage likes this.
  18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

In 1990 I saw NSYNC, Britney Spears, The Spice Girls and Ricky Martin. Not all at the same time but that would have been awesome.

19. bicketybam

No Backstreet Boys?

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

That was in 1998

bicketybam likes this.