Wide Receiver Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Apr 2, 2022.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Drake London doesn’t do much running after the catch? I mean just type “Drake London YAC“ into Google or Twitter and you will see how wrong that is but here’s a Jets-specific article about it

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/02/18/ny-jets-prospect-drake-london-scheme-fit/

REVISion likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Maybe he did against Appalachian State or some shit, but that wont be his game in the NFL

Jojo and blackssmagic like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

So a guy who excelled during something in college will be asked to do something different in the pros? what else does your crystal ball tell you? Also I edited the post above so you probably didn’t see this:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/02/18/ny-jets-prospect-drake-london-scheme-fit/

4. BrowningNagle

London also played the slot in college. So he's a possession slot receiver. Those guys are everywhere, we literally just found one from the Patriots practice squad and paid him $7 mill this offseason

I dont dislike him as a player, but 10 overall would just be stupid given the talents available at that spot

5. BroadwayAaron

Can we verify that Rockinz and Nagle aren’t posting from the same IP address?

London CAN play out of the slot. That doesn’t mean he’s a slot receiver or a possession receiver. The fact that he can play multiple positions and is a great YAC guy makes him a perfect fit for this offense.

REVISion likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

Shocking. Two people on the internet disagree with you. It must be a conspiracy

7. BroadwayAaron

I don't care if someone disagrees. That's what this entire website is for. Being factually incorrect is another thing.

REVISion likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

Again, your opinion is your opinion, but you can't act shocked when people are asking how you've come up with something that no one else has at a time where every single sports outlet has multiple people dissecting tape and giving their notes.

9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

100% agree.

Jojo likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

He played the slot in college, that is a fact

11. Rockinz

This is true it’s definitely just my opinion. The thing is I can’t deny what my eyes are showing me. London takes big hits. It’s really clear. He didn’t run by anyone on tape. Not once. That’s clear. He’s a legit miss match 1-1 target. He has good hops and length for 50/50 balls. Like I said his ceiling is Mike Williams if he can stay healthy. Is that worth the 10th pick? Definitely not. No chance.

blackssmagic and Jojo like this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am not a big London fan or a proponent of drafting him but the argument that Drake is not good with YAC is another troll argument. He was 5th in the entire country in YAC per game last year!!

This board has become dominated by trolls who just argue endlessly ignoring all evidence. It is very sad.

My advice would be put the trolls on ignore as there is no moderation or consequences for their bad behavior. They are just here for attention and add nothing to the discussion. Ignoring them will upset them much more than disagreeing with them.

REVISion and K'OB like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

I should have known better than to correct you. It always devolves into semantics-based trolling.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

If we pick him I hope you are wrong if we don't I hope you are correct.

BrowningNagle, Noam and Rockinz like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

"He didn't run by anyone on tape. Not once."

Find yourself some new tape.

#455 BroadwayAaron, Apr 19, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    Aero, REVISion and Noam like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Since the Darnold year, people have had a really hard time separating their opinion from fact and fact from fiction. I'm over it. Wilson/Fields last year was a trainwreck around these parts and I stayed away for a majority of the lead up to the draft. Should have done the same this year because some of the things said on this here webpage are so outlandish Skip Bayless wouldn't even consider it.

Noam likes this.
  17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The sad thing is many of the posters here make Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd sound reasonable and intelligent in comparison and I never thought anyone could be worse than those 2.

18. Rockinz

If we pick him I hope I’m wrong. I’ll root for him he seems like a good kid I just don’t see the “it” factor. I see a one dimensional receiver.

19. Rockinz

I still don’t see him running by anyone. In fact he gets caught from behind on every play lol. Am I taking crazy pills?!?

20. BrowningNagle

I think its your issue honestly. You believe your opinion is fact and because of that any disagreement is factually incorrect in your eyes.

That's on you. That's immature, adults can disagree, especially as it pertains to something small like draft prospects. When it comes to London, I dont even think anyone is being unfair or out of line here, everyone is discussing his play on the field.

I personally think its fun to share opinions, shoot the shit on prospects and disagree, that's what makes the draft fun. We all know the seasons haven't been fun so this is all we got as Jets fans

Ralebird and ouchy like this.