2022 Jets Free Agency/Trade News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 12, 2022.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think the general perception of a team can absolutely be affected by winning 2 or 3 "meaningless" games to close out a season as opposed to laying down and taking it up the tailpipe. Outside of the Jags who overpaid everyone they signed, what top tier players have gone to teams that were circling the drains?

Speaking of the Jags... if we drafted Lawrence and he played the way he did last year this place would have its collective panties in a bunch, moreso than they already are. I wouldn't say we "missed out" on Lawrence quite yet.

FJF likes this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Bucs won 7 games before Brady got there - I'm just talking about the arguments trying to justify winning meaningless games at the end of seasons for "the culture". I don't think anything about the culture changes if you win 3 games instead of 2. No FA avoids a 2 win team while being totally cool going to a 3 win team.

3. REVISion

His performance last year doesn't change who he was as a prospect.

Is he looking less likely to succeed now than he was a year ago? Yes, but he was still the best QB prospect since Luck for good reason. I like Wilson but I'd trade him for Lawrence straight up in a heartbeat.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Tbh even though I have my doubts about Wilson I still wouldn't, Lawrence was meant to be generational and looked awful, in a way it is worse than Wilson just because he was meant to be that good.

I will be interested to see how Trey Lance steps up, when we had to whittle the choices down to those three I plumped for Lance but only if we sat him for the season, in retrospect that might have been a good thing for Wilson as well?

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Urban Mayer had nothing to do with that :rolleyes:

Lawrence under Pederson will be much better. Generational talent? We’ll see..

mattyd99 and REVISion like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I will remind you of this often-used phrase or excuse

Gase, Sam had no chance under this fool.

Sam, 'hold my big cat beer mug' ;)

Brook! likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I would feel more confident about the future with Pederson & Lawrence than I would with the 12 y/o coordinator and Zach Wilson

pederson should be coaching here- that was a no-brainer when Philly let him go, especially since he worked with Douglas in the past

Red Menace and REVISion like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

I wouldn't have minded Pederson but can he actually develop a QB before we anoint the guy? His prized possession was Wentz who has been on three teams in three years but not in the playoffs with any (probably not with this one either).

KingRoach likes this.
  9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If you can show me a player or coach who’s ok with losing, I’ll show you a player or coach I don’t want on my team.

Red Menace and cval like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think you answered your own question. Wentz is a bum who Pederson made into an MVP candidate level QB

Foles is a career long bum that somehow was a Super Bowl MVP under Pederson

The fact that these guys suck under other coaches shouldn’t be an indictment on Pederson’s ability to coach

11. BroadwayAaron

The problem is you could argue Wentz flatlined under Pederson. He came in hot and never took the next step.

12. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Frank Reich was always the secret behind that Philly team. Pederson got most of the credit and you see what happened when Reich left.

13. REVISion

I think time has shown that Wentz was the issue there, not Pederson. Frank Reich apologized to the Colts owner for vouching for Wentz, it seems like he's uncoachable behind the scenes.

blackssmagic and Red Menace like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

Like I said I like Pederson and I would have been fine with him but people are putting him and Lawrence in Canton already just because they found each other.

15. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

pretty good o-line in front of them certainly didn't hurt.

16. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

draft rumors so far

Jets

Douglas open about love for Burks, and might trade down from pick 10 if they can find a partner.

Jameson Williams is another WR they love. If they don't trade down, Williams might sure be the pick.

Jets loved Jermaine Johnson at senior bowl, and multiple beat reporters mention that they are looking for an EDGE early.

Jets may try to hold Becton out of OTAs and try to trade him, but ownership may try and keep him around. Realistic trade value is a 4th and a conditional pick (Pauline)

The one S prospect the Jets seem in on is Daxton Hill. He will be a target for a second round pick. (Forbes)

Saleh's defense focuses on elite DL instead of CB, so look for them to target pass rush and WR in the first (Hughes)

Several Jet players have been told that the Jets will target OT with one of their first two picks (Pauline)

Rockinz, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  18. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

If Becton's value is only a 4th plus a conditional pick, you keep him and roll the dice.

I like Daxton Hill, but I would be shocked if he made it to Round 2.

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

what I found interesting is Hughes said that the Jets believe view both Quincy Williams and Mosley as pro bowl LBs if they can get better interior line play.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don’t see why ownership would have any reason to push to keep Becton. It’s not like he’s a long time, endeared player. I call hornet on that one.

REVISion and KingRoach like this.