Wide Receiver Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Apr 2, 2022.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Another case of overrating our own

twown likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The only reservation I have is he has had a good QB all his pro career, putting the ball on the spot time and time again.
    Wilson was very erratic last season with ball placement, hence a lot of the drops by our own WR's.

Is the guy a realistic trade target?

I would like Hollywood Brown as a Jet, if Wilson's arm is as advertised then it would be a dream ticket when it all clicked into place.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, perspective is everything when observing anything in life. We are all flawed, so we all make mistakes, and that includes NFL Scouts, GMs and HCs. I could be wrong about Burks in the NFL. I just know what my eyes saw looking at his games. He may not be able to replicate that in the NFL, but he may. Projection of what a college athlete will do at the professional level is not an exact science. That's what makes the draft such a crapshoot.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

at this point it doesn't seem like any real WR is up for trade so lets look to the draft and hope to get one.

Noam, PJ4Ever and REVISion like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm fully aware that I can be wrong. I've never said that I haven't been wrong or can't be wrong. This attitude that a couple of you have about my not ever being wrong is someone's projection onto me. It isn't reality. I have been wrong many times before and will undoubtedly be wrong many times in the future. Unlike a number of posters here, I admit when I am wrong. I was wrong about Baker Mayfield and Jamal Adams. I've been wrong about other players too. In fact, so many that I can't remember them all. I may have been wrong about Mims. I could have been wrong about Becton or Zach. We'll find out about the latter three this season. The bottom line is that I've been right a lot more than I've been wrong, and I'm confident in my evaluation of players, just most of you are, yet some try to paint me as a villain or jerk because I'm confident in my evaluations. Whatever. If posters did less psychological evaluation of others and focused more on their own issues and Jets football, we'd all be better off.

Jojo, Noam and PJ4Ever like this.
  7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Big Ben hasn’t been good in a long time, my friend.

Not a Brown fan, talk about drops, he dropped 3 TD in one game last year

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He did, from memory, it was the third week but he then scored 3 TD's in the next two games, still had a 1000+ yard season with a disruptive season of QB's being in and out.

Think he had 6 drops for the season, 3 in that unfortunate game, can't help but feel the first drop affected him and certainly the second will have done lol

I'd take him as our deep threat for sure, the price would have to be right though.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Burn it baby....

Noam likes this.
  10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would really try and jump start this offense. Its long overdue and I think this draft can help

#170 boozer32, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  11. boozer32

He's fast enough for his size. We don't need him to be an Olympic sprinter we got Moore for that. We just need him to be that guy Zach can go to when we need to keep the chain moving or pick up a crucial first down. Burks runs pretty well also after the catch and he could be LaFleur's version of Deebo Samuels. Since we have 49ers coaches on the team and trying to run their offense let's get their type of players.. He's as big as London who looks slower than me running plus he's hurt.

12. boozer32

I'm with you its time to address this position.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

For me, Burks looks like he has the potential of a bigger, faster Anquan Boldin. I'll pair that up with a finesse receiver any day.

boozer32 likes this.
  14. boozer32

I sure do. In fact, Pickens would be my pick at the top of the second round for the Jets. If they don't go WR in the first which I think they won't. Just a feeling.

ouchy likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't think it's enough. You can never have enough separators. Having only one guy like that on the team, who btw is yet to prove he can stay on the field for the whole season, is simply not good enough. That's why you see JD, who has a reputation for value signings, offering speedy Hill the highest WR contract in NFL history. I believe having more speed on the team, coupled with Zach's skill set, will help unleash this offense.

I view London and Burks as good slot guys who will definitely help the team. But also getting someone with speed is very much a priority even with Moore on the team. That's why I am not ready yet to slam the door on Jameson Williams, even in spite of ACL.

#175 Borat, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    boozer32, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Pickens is a stereotypical Jets pick -- A speed + size guy with limited college production after a good freshman year. No thank you.

17. boozer32

Do you mean like Elijah Moore?

18. NYJFOREVER

You mean the guy that led the SEC in YAC in 2020 and is a great separator?

86 catches for 1193 yards and 8 touchdowns is limited production in the SEC? Interesting.

19. boozer32

Yep, what did he do in the pros?

20. NYJFOREVER

You win.

Not engaging in this nonsense.

boozer32 likes this.