NFC South Bidding War!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Rockinz, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Maybe....personally i think JD is smart enough to recognize wilson might not be the guy. So he's going to finish building the offense this year in the draft. Failure to do so leaves room for doubt if wilson fails next year. But if you finish the offense build and he still fails you've created a situation that a veteran free agent will be much more likely to sign up for. Without a legit QB you're almost never going to do much. So go hard on offense....save cap room in case wilson proves to be a bust so you can sign a free agent and not waste the offense you spent 3 years building.

Trying to do both sides of a perennial trash team at once is too big a lift.

ouchy likes this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Raiders a few years back and Mayock F’d all up for them….

3. Rockinz

I’m on this page. The saints offer is very interesting as well no doubt. I favour Atlanta simple based on Atlanta is terrible and Matt Ryan actually got them close in games… With a rookie after Mariota gets blown up… could be a top 10 pick… possibly top 5!

I wouldn’t be pissed with either 3 to be honest.

Brook! likes this.
  4. Rockinz

Let’s be honest Tom and the Bucs are winning that division so the team we trade for is a wild card at best… I’ll take the 1st next year and 58 and 8 all day

FJF likes this.
  5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's just a bit easier to manufacture things when you have 2 rather then 3 in a year. You could potentially extend one a year early but there are 2 first rounders then too. I would take the Saints offer if they made it, as I said earlier, but that's because I think that's where the sweet spot is for talent vs Jets needs in this draft class. But it comes with a problem down the line. If you continually draft well it's not a problem you just let one walk.

It doesn't really matter what JD does the chances of the Jets truly competing this season are slim. If Wilson doesn't step up not much else matters. If he does, does it really matter if you get that extra piece next year rather than this. In general terms its better to spread out the high picks I feel.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If we draft well it will be a unique problem for the Jets at least ;)

cval likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Jets should have to give up #163, especially in the Saints deal. Essentially we'd be agreeing to drop out of the top 10 in return for one of their two teens picks, plus one additional pick, and next year's 2nd rounder. IDK, just seems short to me.

But given the choices, I'd go with the Falcons - staying in the top 10, only four spots back, plus a 2nd rounder this year, plus a likely high first next year.

I wouldn't even return the Panther's call for that offer.

Rockinz likes this.
  8. Rockinz

It’s a pick for a pick thing… happens too much to ignore in the process. I’m also taking the falcons deal. I do think the difference between 8 and 16 is significant

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is so true. And the fact Jets fans are worried about us drafting TOO well is just priceless.

ouchy and K'OB like this.