2022 Jets Free Agency/Trade News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 12, 2022.

1. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to put too much stake into what a team says about wanting to keep a player. Jamal Adams would be a Jet for life if this was the case. Obviously the Titans want to keep Brown, he's young and he's a monster. The Titans are good though, and may need to spend money in other areas. They may not be willing to make AJ Brown the highest paid WR in the NFL, but someone will.

The Bucs are against the cap, so maybe they need to get rid of Godwin or Evans after next season.

The point is, almost every year there is a WR who wants to be the highest paid player in the league, and often times they need to be traded to accomplish that. If the Jets really want to trade for a monster WR in the next couple years, they'll get their chance.

KingRoach likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Probably. I'm not holding my breath on it happening, or putting any energy into it at all, but I'd love it if it happened!

I can understand wanting to play on the same team with one's brother or best friend, but part of me thinks it's a little silly. They're grown men. Deal with being on separate teams. I'm still shocked at what Davante Adams did. I don't know what to make of it.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

aj brown is not signing a record setting contract. he will get a deal similar to the one dj moore just signed and tennessee can easily accommodate that

Rockinz likes this.
  4. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

He’s better than DJ Moore so maybe around there but he should get Moore no pun intended or was there lol

5. NCJetsfan

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If you watch the press conference with Saleh he was laughing while he said that, he went on to say, they will pick whoever they feel can help the team. These tweets are such a joke when you have no context.

KingRoach, Ralebird and Noam like this.
  8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would like to get more context on this quote. One could run with it and take it the wrong way but of course I doubt anyone here would ever take something out of context to satisfy an anti-Wilson agenda. But just in case they do:

9. Red Menace

Watch the press conference, there is a link to it on the forum. He said there were three levels of growth for players, 101,301,501.

101 is basic professional scheme, 301, was the ability to master the scheme, and 501, was ability to apply all of it without thinking about it.

Wilson is still thinking about some of the scheme, not mastered it yet. So he’s between 101 and 301.

10. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

The context was this: They asked Saleh what kind of development are they hoping to see from Zach during the offseason, and Saleh explained that there's football 101, 301 and 501, and rookies need to get 101 down (scheme familiarity) before they can get to 301 and 501. He said that he wasn't critical of Zach for scheme familiarity, but it's a rookie thing, and the next step for Zach is a higher level of scheme familiarity so that he can process faster what our offense is supposed to be doing. Saleh pointed out that a lot of the problems we saw from Zach last year with missing easy throws, etc., were mechanics issues that will take care of themselves once Zach is familiar enough with the scheme to be able to process things faster. Once Zach gets that higher level of scheme familiarity, he can stop thinking so much about what our offense is supposed to be doing and focus more on what the defense is doing, and the mechanics will become cleaner.

Nyjets4eva, Brook!, Mogriffjr and 5 others like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Great answer thanks!

12. NCJetsfan

and

Thanks, guys!!!

Noam and WilsonJetsFan like this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

One of the best posts on here in a long time. You sir are a man who knows football!

Nyjets4eva and Mogriffjr like this.
  14. Red Menace

Lol, I know it was cheesy, It’s so much better to watch the presser and get a true sense of what he said. Even if I went into a whole explanation it’s still better to watch Saleh.

Noam and Rockinz like this.
  15. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

No he isn’t

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wondered something today: With Joe Douglas being so aggressive for Hill and suggesting they would strike if another WR1 becomes available, do you think that means the front office does not have much faith in any of these WR's in the 2022 draft that they can get at #10 overall? Many people keep mocking a WR to the Jets at #10, but that might not be in Joe D's mind right now.

Or do you think he just wants a vet to make it easier for Zach Wilson since we know it usually takes time for rookie WR's to adapt to the NFL? Definitely an interesting situation.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, etc. are all better WRs than anyone available in this class. There's no Jamarr Chase or Justin Jefferson.

20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I really believe Garrett Wilson could start out be a step below those guys, maybe like a Waddle - which would be insanely terrific production from a rookie.

LAJet likes this.