Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas obliterating records

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 8, 2021.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there are many biologically born women swimmers that are happy about competing against a biologically born male, especially one that was competing as a male swimmer the year before. I get it you don't like RJ, but taking the stance you are taking is a bit nuts.

Other women athletes will come forward when their sport gets dominated by the next Lia.

JetBlue likes this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Many are not, and they are speaking out against it. That's my point. Nobody is getting censored.

Id say that people who have no issue or support it are the minority

#142 JackBower, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

magapills make you stoopit

4. JackBower

#TRUMPWASWRITE

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

6. JackBower

You can't deny the fact the a lot of woman in sports have spoken about their objection in public and to the NCAA. Many other stories about people disagreeing also.

Your source is a mother of one NCAA athlete to say they are frightened? Better then normal I guess.

And your Post article says in the first paragraph one conference told people who already publicly complained to refrain. Absolutely nothing with consequences for doing so. So intimidating!

Show me one person who has faced disciplinary action.

Lol, that first article is pathetic I'm sorry. "They are worried about losing friends." Oh, the censorship!!!
    But again, sadly an improvement over the usually unverified Twitter posts.

#146 JackBower, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What a pile of shit puff piece this is. For the GAZILLIOTH TIME this is not about gender identity.

"I’d like to preface this article by stating that I am a cis woman and cannot articulate this topic as well as others could. My goal is to break this topic down in a supportive, evidence-based manner." OK. What was her OVERALL ranking as a male swimmer?

https://www.hercampus.com/school/u-conn/why-i-stand-with-her-upenn-swimmer-lia-thomas/

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You seem to be attempting to claim or infer that because they have only started to speak out recently that it means there has not been a widespread effort to bully them into silence previously with claims of phobia and social media persecution. The fact that they are now speaking up in face of those tactics doesn’t equate to those tactics having never existed.

9. JackBower

Can someone show me actions of any governing body attempting to silence before people started to complain to the media and NCAA? Woman, in and out of sports, have shared their opinion on this basically as soon I heard of it. I want to say I hear of Lia from an article about female swimmers taking issue.

Combing through this thread of eight pages, there isn't one link about censorship of people speaking out about Lia's participation. A bunch of articles of woman being against it and pictures of woman visually protesting Lia on the podium have been posted, none of I know that ended up facing discipline... Until acad posted a fake Twitter post, of an ivy league female swimmer who has complained publicly and to the NCAA with no repercussion, and his articles posted this morning.

"Ivy League swimmers who complained about Lia Thomas were rebuked and told not to speak to the media, according to emails that were given to The Post by parents." From the Post article, it's past tense and nothing about discipline.

#149 JackBower, Mar 25, 2022
  10. JackBower

Like mid 400s. Aka not good

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Some of you guys get waaay to worked up about this....

I'm getting a boob job and gonna smoke Michelle Phelps in the freestyle..... residents of Rochester have never witnessed the feats of aquatic excellence that are about to be unleashed.

When I finally quit playing with my new boobs and get back in the pool....

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Did anyone say the girls swimmers were disciplined by the NCAA or the school administration(s) for speaking out?

Not quite sure what you're arguing about... there was pressure on the girls not to speak to the media.

13. JackBower

I disagree, and it was way after tons already vocalized their opinion.... And have/will after this "censorship." This is an extremely low bar, let's see if we stay above it in other threads

Also, is it pressure or censorship? We are moving the goal posts. You're the one who sarcastically said it wasn't censorship when they were asked to not talk about it. That's my disagreement.. even though I really don't agree there we this high level pressure to not talk either.

Semantics, but this is the route you guys have chosen to go.

Were they censored? Not in my opinion
    Were they pressured? On the absolute lowest level, I guess you can say that but it's really really weak pressure. "Hey let's focus on sports."

#153 JackBower, Mar 25, 2022
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

haha yeah, they act outraged when they havent paid attention to womens sports like ever anyway, sometimes its just comical. I thought he/she was dominating everyone as the thread suggests but then I heard 8th place at the last meet.

So much bitching from grown men over 8 fuckin place finisher in a womens swim meet give me a break

15. bicketybam

You can use your dick as a rudder!

16. bicketybam

She threw that one.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That 8th spot should have been another girls to compete in. This isn’t about how he performs, it’s that he is there at all. He’s taking opportunities from women who have trained and competed against other women just to get their spot lost to a man.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well... there were reports that Penn State went to the trouble of not having swimmers available for comment during the season.

And there's lots of comment like this...

"It’s been incredibly frustrating, having to learn that our daughters were put in a situation where they were not allowed to speak about something that was so blatantly obvious to them every single day and find little support from the university other than ‘Hey, get some counseling,’" the parent told Fox News Digital. He said the university athletic department sent in a publications representative who essentially told the girls, "You should say nothing – here's your script: don't say a word."

I've got no dog in this... trans athletes have existed for a long time. It's just odd that these young swimmers are forced to compete against a biological males that has gone through puberty.

blackssmagic and JackBower like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I mean that's one way to look at it, but think about the 7 that beat him. How cool is it to say they beat him in a swim meet?

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I doubt any of them care about beating the 470th ranked male.

blackssmagic and Leicester Jet like this.