Portis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's wonderful pal. Thanks for sharing that information with us....

I like Portis but has anyone ever heard this guy speak?? He's dumb as a stump, doesn't seem like a Mangini guy. But for the 2nd rounder I'd take that trade.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Jones had a pretty severe foot injury at the end of the season

3. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Yeah but a second overall why not just get Adrian peterson with that pick.

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

From what I understand you cant trade a pick that was already traded. Does anybody know this to be true ?

5. Tight

Tight Active Member

If we could do this though, absoloutley. Hes fast, breaks tackles, can catch, and is excellent in pass protection.

6. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I would love to get Portis, and he'd be a huge steal if we could get him for a 2nd. I'd even trade our first for him if he's 100% healthy...people don't realize how young he is, he's only 25 and is one of the best RBs in football. The offense badly needs one more playmaker to take it to the next level, and Portis can be that. Nobody we can get that late in the first would likely be able to do that immediately on the offensive side of the ball. Think of it this way: Would you rather have a 24 year old Michael Turner or a 25 year old Clinton Portis? I like Turner a lot, but I'd rather go with the proven guy, since both will likely cost a 2nd. People said Portis was a product of Shanahan's running system, then he proved he could be a star under Gibbs as well.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Yes you can... Just this offseason we traded Bollinger for CJ Mosley and a pick, then we swapped the pick for Bobby Hamilton.

8. canals68

canals68 New Member

Portis would be nice.

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Im not sure if i know enough about him to make a proper comment, but id rather see our picks and money spent on fixing the things that badly need fixing, like some parts of the defense.

10. Collingwood

Collingwood New Member

portis was another great find by shanahan at the broncos before the brocos traded him to the skins for champ bailey which ended up being a good trade for both teams as the broncs just keep finding 1000 yd running backs

he would be a good pick up for the jets but i wouldnt give up too much to get him, id rather use the 1st round pick on the best rb available at least that way you can mould the player into the system better

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I live in VA and I have yet to hear that rumor. Would be a great deal for us if it happens.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I wouldn't want him for a first, but once you get into the second round he's a golden pickup.