The Ukrainian situation

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Feb 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He may not want to take Kyiv. What is there, still 2 mil residents there, ready to fight?

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If it escalates as I fear it will then forensically, yes, we could potentially trace the origins of the World War III as far back as you suggest.

but absent of further escalation I don’t agree with the position that this current invasion is the Third World War as of today.

3. JetBlue

He has to take it or he’s absolutely finished. This entire invasion is about Putin’s last gasp at proving his strength, hence why this is such a scary predicament. Failing and retreating or losing is the same to him, so he may as well fight to the end. His only hope of remaining in power is to win.

it only ends another way if the other owners of Russia decide they don’t want to lose everything just so he can try to remain in power.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I think what he’s gonna run into in Kyiv is gonna give him an L , that’s when it turns even uglier

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

6. JetBlue

Yes, I’ve read her interview. But she’s putting the cart before the horse. It inherently isn’t a World War if the world hasn’t actually started engaging in a war. And, as of now, it hasn’t. The world is trying to avoid that outcome. She’s conflating the acts of war by one party that can create a World War, and can in retrospect be declared the acts that lead to a World War, with the World War itself.

7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

It's going to be bad. There are prepared ambushes and fortified positions all over the city. They have RPGs, Javelins, grenades, Molotov cocktails and all kinds of small arms.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  8. JetBlue

Absolutely. This is an all or nothing proposition for him at this point.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

On a little more positive note on MSNBC I just heard China is recalculating its position.. they see the massive economic sanctions and world unity if they for example start to mess with a Taiwan invasion. Maybe China will wait for the Russian economy to bleed out and have the Ruskies totally dependent on China. That's tremendous levredge ; so if the US plays cards right with China we could get the Russians to pull back if the Chinese don't see how they can manipulate Russia on their own. China was not happy Ukraine was invaded from what I hear.

It's a Global Chess Game...pull China away from Russia if you possibly can imo

Br4d likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

or an avatar that we all chose[/QUOTE]
    The avatar has to be Biden or trump . Which ever one the poster was bashing.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think there's a rule about political avatars.

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I don't know that he has to take it militarily to achieve his aims. He wants to demilitarize Ukraine, install a puppet government and get them to recognize the Donbas states and Crimea as Russian. Does he have the time to starve out Kyiv or bomb it into submission before sanctions bite at home seems the key. That or getting to Zelenskyy and taking the heart out of the resistance. He has to win or he's finished for sure, and NATO can't let him win or a NATO state is next.

13. JetBlue

Except bombing them into submission or starving them out are both functions of military actions. He can’t starve them out without the military surrounding them and blocking off access to supplies to the populations.

14. Br4d

Very unlikely he goes into a NATO state no matter what. Once he declares war on NATO then Ukraine becomes a fair ground battlefield and he's got the war he didn't want on his hands.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What do we do if he rolls over Latvia or Estonia?

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

https://www.businessinsider.com/kre...kraine-invasion-sanctions-shock-report-2022-3

There's almost no way in my mind that someone on the inside doesn't take Putin out. You can mess with people and break them in tons of ways - physically, psychologically and otherwise - but once you start messing with their money - their own personal money - something's going to crack amd it just might be Putin's head under a battle-axe. He has to be freaking out on some level right now.

Putin is being exposed for the thug he is from every angle. Who is to say there won't be a major uprising in Russia? My money says (and I'm not a betting man) that somebody is gonna pop him in one form or another.

Funny how and why the Romanovs were executed. What I mean by funny is not the war part, more the fat cats vs the poor and living off the backs of the poor. Putin is a fat cat and he has his fat cat buddies and a few Rasputins whispering sweet nothings in his ear to boot. That's nice, but either someone who either manages to fall on a grenade for freedom or someone who gets pissed off enough about their dwindling fortune and being lied to on principle could spell his end.

President Zelenskyy could wind up being Ukraine's version of Lech Walesa if he makes it. I really hope he does. I know some people are saying that if Putin gets to Zelenskyy it will take all of the air out of Ukraine's balloon. I'm not so sure about that. It just might make them more determined.

The bottom line here is that Putin greatly underestimated the guts and the spirit of these people no matter how you slice it. I saw a video of Ukranians making thousands of Molotov cocktails. They were laughing and smiling like they were at a local parade or farm market.

18. Br4d

An attack upon one member state is an attack upon all.

If NATO doesn't defend the attacked state the alliance will fall apart within a month, maybe three at the outside.

I expect the first Russian attack on any NATO member state to result in an obliteration of Russia's air assets in Ukraine. Like a total obliteration.

It's the logical approach. It would cause Russia great difficulty in Ukraine while also assuring air superiority over NATO territory.

papapump and barfolomew like this.
  19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I said it was a good thing. Oy.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

okay, are we sending troops in to retake Riga?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.