JD should take Hamilton without hesitation at 4....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NYJ1970, Feb 22, 2022.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I still disagree. Not only did Maccagnan take a Safety that high, but worse IMO, he passed over Mahomes and Watson when he needed a QB. This led to him having to use three valuable picks the next year to trade up to have a chance at the guy he wanted (he says it was Darnold all along, but who knows?). And drafting Darnold instead of Mahomes or Watson set us back another 3 years at least.

PJ4Ever and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  2. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Here is his scouting report.
    — Possesses rare length and movement combination. He uses his length to his advantage by getting in passing lanes and creating size mismatches.

— Has a very good feel in zone coverage, particularly the underneath coverage. He looks to play the quarterback's eyes, baiting and jumping routes.

Very good coverage skills. He has a smooth pedal with quick feet in his breaks. Excellent change of direction for his size.

— Flows well to the ball with good tracking and feel in the run game. Rangy player with very good speed.

— Great tackler.

Now, he is considered a generational talent at his position. Will be a nightmare for Defensive Coordinators. Might be the best player in the draft after the combine. I have no problem at all taking him.

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I just look at his positioning pre snap and he’s basically playing WLB on a lot of snaps that I watched. He could be an amazing SS in the NFL but I see him more as a Shaq Thompson or Justin Simmons.

4. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Notre Dame had him all over the field. They had him working in single high, operating in the box, covering receivers/tight ends in the slot, and roaming over the middle of the field in a robber role. I respect your opinion, I just think he will flourish in the NFL.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

As a football player will he flourish or specifically as a safety is the question? I also feel he has “IT” and will be successful. I just think it will be at WLB. I could be wrong and he could be the best SS we’ve ever seen. He does have that potential.

semperfigreen likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you literally still never admitted to being wrong about quoting me because you read it wrong thinking I was contradicting myself when I wasn't and going off the rails due to your own mistake. saying I read too fast sometime isn't the same. it's like saying yeah sometimes I just punch people in the face, it happens. that's not admitting a mistake. it's using an excuse instead

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Jets 100% moved up for Baker and I won't let anyone tell me otherwise.

REVISion likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO Everyone here knows that you contradicted yourself. You are in some serious delusional denial, bub. Have a nice life. I'm done with you. I only want to talk with rational people.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

see you are only proving my point. You read it wrong and still are going off the rails. refuse to go back and read it and see your mistake and instead do the "i'm walking away". one of us here isn't being rational but it's not me dude. his is why I can't take you seriously. you can't have a normal conversation with people because you lack any self awareness

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

OMG I remember that too ‍