JD should take Hamilton without hesitation at 4....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NYJ1970, Feb 22, 2022.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not defending anyone, nor did I say I want to make things harder on the receivers. Get real. Stop with the strawman arguments. I have never said that Zach didn't need to improve or didn't need to learn to put touch on his passes, so quit trying to twist my words to make it sound like I did. If you took that from my comments, then that's on you. Zach definitely needs to learn to put touch on his passes, and I believe he will. He has too much arm talent and is too smart not to. The point is that blaming Zach for receivers dropping passes is absurd. You're excusing his receivers for lack of professionalism, yet criticizing Zach for lack of professionalism and not putting touch on his passes. They are professionals as much as Zach. It's ridiculous to say that Zach needs to learn to put touch on his passes but the receivers don't need to learn to catch hard, fast passes. They are professionals too.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I didn't put any words in your mouth, I'm just saying your point about Favre makes no sense.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

good luck with that lol. as soon as someone disagrees with him it's all downhill. He makes the same baseless claims that he's being attacked all the time and even went as far as to quote something I said saying it was contradictory to what I was saying but it wasn't and it was exactly the same. dude isn't a bad guy but he really needs to not get angry and chill a little and have a discussion isn't of throwing a hissyfit and making an ass of himself when he gets mad

Rockinz likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

It makes total sense! If you can't wrap your brain around it, that's on you. Your wanting to put all the blame on Zach and none on the WR is what makes zero sense and is totally irrational. Your anti-Zach bias is showing!

The WRs at GB adapted and caught his passes without problems even though they suffered some broken fingers along the way. They were professionals and they did their job. The receivers we have did not do their job last season. Zach didn't throw it that hard that he broke anyone's finger.

5. GasedAndConfused

I'm not picking sides here as far as the discussion, but have you ever stopped to think that if you think everyone else is wrong and your always right and it's on them if they can't understand your side that maybe it's not everyone else and it's you? not saying this to be a jerk, but maybe you aren't making as good of a point as you think or actually explaining it in a way that makes sense to others even if it makes sense in your head

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the apology. As regards to your last statement, here are their stats for dropped passes:

Player--------'21------'20-----'19------'18
    Davis-----------5---------3--------4---------6
    Cole-------------1--------6---------1--------7
    Kroft------------4--------1---------1--------1

But I agree that I don't fault JD for these moves, because as we know, all receivers drop passes. In fact, Ja'marr Chase led the league last season in dropped passes (11) and Kelce was second (10). I would take that combo.

#146 westiedog1, Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I love that stupid symbol. It’s too easy to assume people are being sarcastic when they’re actually Batshit crazy (not speaking of this forum).

K'OB likes this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Where did I ever say it's all Zach's fault? And you accuse me of putting words in your mouth lmao.

K'OB likes this.
  9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I don’t feel Hamilton is a safety at the NFL level. I see him as a linebacker. I would be disappointed in that pick at 4

10. NCJetsfan

Dude, you are freaking nuts. You said that my position of WRs having responsibility to catch balls that hit their hands makes no sense, and disputed, twisted everything I said when I admitted that Zach needed to develop better touch, but that the WRs needed to be professionals and catch the balls. You dismissed the fact that the receivers in GB caught Favre's passes. I don't know what you'd call it.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its not relevant. Favre's issues were related to his off-the-field lifestyle & alcohol problem. Wilson is a Mormon, I doubt he even drinks, his problems are clearly on the field. They arent even in the same category to compare

12. NCJetsfan

It's funny that I don't have these issues on other discussion sites, that I have published articles in national magazines, and have been frequently complemented for my clear communication and eloquence. Occasionally, I do get in too big of a hurry, don't read carerfully or choose my words thoughtfully enough here, but most of the time I do. If I was having the problems elsewhere, then I'd take a hard look at myself, and I still will give it some consideration, but I'm not having the problems elsewhere, which leads me to believe that I am not the problem most of the time.

13. GasedAndConfused

you quoted yourself but I think you meant to quote me. I can't speak for the other sites. Publishing articles has no back and forth or conversation, clear communication is easy if you agree with someone and aren't trying to make a point. Nobody said you are dumb or can't speak. You just get angry and then start going off the rails and insulting people instead of having a conversation with them. You think everything is win/lose and it's not. it's also just a message board not that serious. you aren't trying to convince people whether to go to war or not. the stakes aren't high. just chill sometimes and try to debate your point better. that's where you lack. sometimes you do have a valid point and I just want to see where you are coming from to reach that conclusion so i'll ask a question and you'll lose your shit on me. It just really seems like you feel you are always right and don't have to explain it so either people agree or they get blasted by you and then you walk away from it. You also ever fail to acknowledge any little mistake you make.

Also using what you do on other sites or on the side is kinda a joke argument. I do that podcast with maximus, doesn't make me an expert on anything. I do professional writing in something unrelated to sports on the side as a hobby. I also manage a large group of people at my actual job. Just because "I don't have an issue with anyone in those situations" doesn't mean I can't be an issue elsewhere. All that thinking does is further show me that you'll never find an issue with how you behave towards people. You've probably never apologized to anyone in your life if this is how you see yourself

Ralebird likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm British I just assume most of the shit is sarcasm lol

KingRoach likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Come on man! You continue to look at just one aspect of the entire picture to draw your conclusions.

Here's the reality:

1. Zach starts the season with Carter hurt, Becton hurt, and the entire OL trying to adjust to a new blocking scheme, along with a rookie OC who tried calling plays from the field. Not to mention the loss of his "QB Whisperer" right before the season started.
    2. Wilson a rookie. Of course he's going to take some time to adjust to the speed of the NFL, and to learn what he can, and can't, get away with in the pros. Under the best of conditions - i.e. - none of the first point above operative - ANY rookie would struggle for at least a half a season, so that he struggled those first 5-6 games shouldn't surprise anyone, or be cause for pushing the panic button.
    3. while he was out when White and Flacco "proved" that Zach just couldn't run this offense, the following conditions were in place:
    1. LaFleur moved to the booth.
    2. The OL started gelling.
    3. The skill positions were mostly healthy and available.
    4. Both White and Flacco were multi-year veterans, used to playing in the league. Yes, White had never started before, but he had been part of the process and was familiar with the speed of the game.
    4. When Zach returned he did much better. He still had some accuracy issues especially on the "easy" throws, but he eventually improved there too. He showed no signs of being gunshy or seeing ghosts.
    5. His first game back the OL returned to its abysmal form of the first part of the season, and then began settling down. Some of that was no doubt due to Zach improving in calling out the coverages and them getting readjusted to him, because after the first game that part of the team improved.
    6. But as the OL improved they began losing guys to injuries to the point where by the last game only one starter was left.
    7. The skill position guys began taking turns on the injury list, and those that did play displayed "hands of stone". Again, this is an area where Zach contributed by maybe putting too much zip on the ball when he didn't need to, or didn't throw pinpoint passes. That said, most of the time his receivers weren't getting any kind of separation and he was forced to gun the ball to fit whatever slim "window" they got. If you go watch tape of the second half games you'll see some pretty amazing throws with tight coverage.
    8. He finished by going 5 straight games without a turnover. Dismiss that if you want, but it proves that he learned that it's critical to take care of the ball.

You may well call all of this "excuses", but the reality is that this is context. Yes, Zach needs to improve. He especially needs to have that "breakout" game where he lights it up if he's going to be considered a true FQB, and he hasn't done that yet. We'll have to see if he can do that. But lets' say that he doesn't/can't, he can still be a serviceable QB that can win a SB if all the rest of the pieces are there. Is that ideal? No. But SBs have been won by teams with lesser QBs. Worst case: he flames out and can't even be that mediocre QB, but if that happens get ready for another rebuild with a new GM and CS.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They probably would have if they could have reached them.

17. NCJetsfan

The bold is not true. In my earlier response to you I admitted that I sometimes read too hastily or don't give proper thought to wording, and I've admitted every time that I have been wrong on this board.

#157 NCJetsfan, Feb 26, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    westiedog1 likes this.
  18. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I would be so dissapointed if he is the pick.
    I would support him obviously but he better have an HoF career considering his hype otherwise it would be the biggest failure of our top pick of the past decade (considering the Jets current history with safeties) , the position value of safety/linebacker and all the other more pressuring needs of the team.

Rockinz likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well I disagree that it would be worst failure of a top pick in the last decade. That "honor" goes to Mike "BPA All Day" Maccagnan for taking a Safety over a QB, and then taking ANOTHER Safety with his next pick! He also has the "Worst 2nd Round Pick" title wrapped up with his selection of Hackenburg. Macc was a true Opposite HOF GM.

20. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Nah it would be worse. Why?

Because of Mike "BPA All Day" Maccagnan now we have the intel that picking a Safety that high is dumb and we would repeat it again with the same logic.