Deshaun Watson Traded to Browns

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Br4d, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Seeing unconfirmed reports that the Texans traded Deshaun Watson to the Commanders for Chase Young?

Anybody got anything on this?

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Never mind, I think the reports were just clickbait and somebody who linked to the clickbait.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Changed the thread title. He will eventually get traded. Let's keep the thread open for rumors.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just a bit premature. I had a couple of free bets from Draft Kings I needed to use or lose by today. I put one on Minnesota and one on Washington to win it all next year - they're both going to have new quarterbacks. It's great to bet with other people's money!

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Watson really played this all wrong in saying he’ll never play for the Texans again. He should’ve just played out the season and taken his suspension. Instead, he took the stance of he’s not playing and they didn’t dare activate him so Goodell didn’t even have to ponder how long he should suspend him.

So now NFL teams want nothing to do with trading for a guy that still has a boatload of civil suits pending and an obvious suspension as soon as he agrees to suit up for someone again.

Savatage and Leicester Jet like this.
  6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Curious, did he still get paid in full for the 2021 season?

7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Yes. I’ve been saying for a year that there has to be some back door dealings between the nfl and the Texans here because otherwise it makes absolutely no sense. Here’s the timeline:

-Watson tells Texans he will never play for them again and will sit out the entire year and not get paid.
    -Scandal occurs
    -if Watson holds out on his own he doesn’t get paid. If he reports, he’ll get put on the commissioners exempt list but still make a salary.
    -seems like the obvious decision would be to simply report, because you’ll get the best of both worlds - you don’t have to play for the Texans AND you’ll make your salary.
    -However, Watson doesn’t report, yet the Texans still pay him his full salary for no apparent reason at all. He’s on IG on a different island every other week while cashing his million dollar checks.

I think Goodell didn’t want to be faced with the rare decision of whether to place him on the exempt list before he’s been proven guilty. You can’t suspend him while the presumption is innocence, but you also can’t have him playing on sundays because it’s such a bad look, especially in this climate. I think Goodell made some sort of back door deal with the Texans, maybe the nfl paid his salary instead of the Texans, or something, to keep him off the field but also not have to make a decision on suspending him. It wouldn’t make sense why the Texans would pay like $20 mil to a guy who told them he never wants to play for them again and largely embarrassed them all offseason. Something weird is going on

HomeoftheJets and Leicester Jet like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

9. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

Given that he cleared criminal charges - is it crazy to think about what the jets would need to offer to get him?

As much as I want Wilson to succeed - I don’t have a great vibe after what I saw year one.

I’d do Wilson, #4 and a mid round pick. Am I crazy here?

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yes you are crazy. Fuck that pervert and glory he will bring.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Lock this bad boy up

hornblower likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

20 first round picks. Do it, Woody.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're not crazy, but that's not the direction I want to see them go.

KingRoach likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, you are.

15. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Innocent until proven guilty.

People who have looked at the evidence decided he didn’t commit a crime.

Men have been using money and power for sex since the beginning of time. A less popular fact is women have been using sex for money and power for just as long.

People with character flaws typically develop a recognizable pattern. While there are multiple complainants, this is basically one large accusation. If Watson had a problem, imo, a pattern would’ve developed since HS as he’s been a rockstar on the football field for the last 15 years.

It been jarring and kinda sad to see so many otherwise intelligent people jump on this angry, vindictive bandwagon. Does jumping to conclusions and joining an angry mob help the average person forget about their own problems?

I’m not proclaiming his innocence but with the very limited information we have, I’m not going to assume he’s guilty.

Regarding the Jets, the second we passed on last years trade packages for #2, we passed on trading for a QB.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not at all.

i'm hoping seattle will trade matcalf. i'd give up 10OA for him so they can use that pick to get watson

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think this a massive what if scenario. The Jets and the brass are fully vested in Wilson and tasked to build a team around him. Watson is not a consideration at all.
    I do see a scenario where JD trades with Seattle so they can get up to pick ten, and getting a top player as part of that trade. Can I dream Metcalf and their second?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure #4, say a 3rd rounder, and Zach, would be near enough to get the deal done. Maybe I'm undervaluing Zach's trade potential though?

19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

You're not. Jets fans are the only ones talking themselves into believing ZW can be a FQB.
    With that said we're in a weird spot.. roster still sucks if you trade the farm for Watson then what? He couldn't win in a similar situation in Houston. Plus he has a no trade clause. So you have to convince him to come here and give us a year or two to build around him... Doubt he goes for it.

With that said I think the Rams have shown if you have the foundation in place then you can trade your picks for proven talent. We're still building a foundation. I'm not a believer in ZW but I think hoping he's a real player is the... Idk I don't want to say "best way forward" but worth the risk/reward, I guess?

HomeoftheJets and ouchy like this.