Would You Want Any 2022 Coaching Candidates over Robert Saleh or any Rookie QB Over Zach Wilson?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I was talking about Christopher "I'm a complete fucking dumbass" Johnson..

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sorry misunderstood.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I've said this before but Saleh was a classic Jets over-correction from Gase.

We went from introverted offensive guy to extroverted defensive guy. The crappy part is that offensive HC's are generally the right move, we just picked a terrible one in Gase. In classic Jets fashion they didn't even learn the correct lesson from the Gase mistake so they just went completely the opposite direction because this entire franchise is devoid of a single above-average brain. Neither Gase nor Saleh appears to be a very good coach, but for very different reasons.

I'd honestly consider promoting LaFleur to HC if possible if he continues to call the offense well next season. If not we're going to lose him to another team before long.

Granted, nobody within the organization has the foresight or balls to actually do that.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It does no such thing. The only thing it reveals are the flaws in your thinking and reasoning that plagues this and so many of your posts and responses.

With a better, experienced HC and OC, a better OL, a better rushing attack, and much better TEs, and a simpler offense, Zach would have had a much easier time of it. He would have been clearly instructed in what they expected from him on day 1. They would have known how to handle and support a rookie QB. The NE OC wouldn't have been trying to exploit weaknesses in the other team's secondary in the 1st Qtr. From the very first game, he would have been giving short, easy passes to get him into a rhythm and the offense in sync, and their offense would have been disciplined. There would have been no TEs, RBs and OLs not knowing the offense or their routes or responsibilities, committing stupid penalties, and running wrong routes. The level of coaching Zach received before the first game, during each game, and each week would have been better than what he received with the Jets.

Zach has always had great accuracy. That's a real world FACT. More than likely, his accuracy went awry because of a combination of the poor coaching, poor play by the offense around him, the pounding he was taking, the complex offense, the lack of help from MLF, and the dropped passes, which resulted in him pressing, trying to do too much, and getting away from his fundamentals. None of those things would have been an issue with NE and his accuracy would not have suffered

White ran the offense better for one game, and then was exposed and he shit the bed in his next game. White doesn't have a fraction of the talent of Zach. Zach was the only rookie QB. White, Johnson and Flacco were all veterans. They weren't learning on the job and having to adjust to the NFL.

Your comment about Zach being benched in favor of Hoyer or Stidham is what is fantasy with no real world data to back it up, only your warped thinking.

Yet another epic fail of a post on your part.

#84 NCJetsfan, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    PJ4Ever, cval and barfolomew like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree with this take. JD made the hire, not the Johnsons or anyone else in the FO who has been here. This is as irrational a take as all the other comments about "the Jets" and the things they have done in the past. I guarantee you that he didn't give any consideration or even one moment's thought to hiring someone who is the exact opposite of Gase, and may not have even considered whether their background was offense or defense that seriously. I'm certain that once Gase was fired, JD never thought of him as he was considering and interviewing candidates. He looked at each on their own merits and if he thought they would be what the team needed. He may have looked more at who shared his vision, who seemed to be more likely to be poised during the struggles of a young, rookie-laden team, and other factors.

Your last sentence is total conjecture and you have nothing to base that upon except your imagination.

#85 NCJetsfan, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    barfolomew likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is interesting. Agreed Saleh did not handle Wilson perfectly this season. I liked most of what Robert Saleh did this year, except for seemingly being accepting that the Jets kept losing. To me, it was unacceptable, but he kept saying it was about learning. I hope they don't make similar excuses as a staff in 2022. Not sure about Bieniemy or Nagy, but Daboll and Flores would definitely be interesting for the Jets. Saleh is a defensive guy and his defense was atrocious, but they were young and played most of the year without Lawson, Davis and Maye. If Joe Douglas doesn't improve the defense via Free Agency and the Draft, then we will have real issues. I am still optimistic that Saleh will improve the defense, though I don't have much faith in Jeff Ulbrich.

7. The Dark Knight

Now that every Head Coaching vacancy has been filled, I stand by that I would take Robert Saleh over them all. I think Daboll with the Giants was the best hire, so both New York teams look like they are in good shape at Head Coach.

It is definitely an interesting list, but I think Jets fans should be happy they have Robert Saleh and did not have to worry about hiring a Head Coach this cycle.

Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with the GM, HC, and QB for the time being. I do think the giants did good with daboll though and the jags with pederson. The texans are shitting the bed with lovie smith lol

cval and Jets79 like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

McDaniel with the Dolphins is umm... interesting.

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I like the Daboll and Pederson hires…the rest not so much

PJ4Ever and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I have a feeling O'Connell is going to become a good one.

PJ4Ever and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’ll be interesting to see if Pederson can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. That roster is awful and so is the GM so he’s going to need to coach his ass off down there but he’s equipped because he’s a good coach. His ending in Philly was just bizarre.

I think the Giants will be massively improved. They have a good amount of talent on that roster that has been hurt and two top picks help. They can’t really turn anything over because of the bad contracts so year one could be fools gold though.

The Vikings are caught in an awkward spot. The sensible thing for an organization in their spot is to usually move on from a guy like Kirk Cousins and tear it down. But with Rodgers likely on the move and their skill position players in place, they can patch the defense and beat up on their division to get to an 11-6.

The Saints are in the same spot essentially. The division is beaten down with Brady’s retirement. The roster has one year left before they’ll have no choice to dismantle but they have zero shot at playoff success with the trash they have at QB.

The Raiders are very interesting. They’re a good draft and free agency away from being competitive in that division and pushing for a playoff spot. They made it last year because Carr kept the band together and the defense played well despite the fact that the drafting has been horrible. Good luck in that division with those two QBs though.

Bears and Texans should be bottom dwellers. The Broncos are toast unless they can land Wilson, Watson (with no legal trouble) or Rodgers. And the Dolphins have the best cap situation in the league but I think the Flores stuff will have ripple effects through that locker room for at least a season.

#92 Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

McDaniels will do well with the Raiders

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Some of these hires came out of nowhere…Louie Smith? Really? He’s had two shots already and while he did well early in Chicago, it came crashing down and Tampa was a mess…if I’m a Texans fan I’m not super excited….I think he’ll make them more respectable maybe but that’s it…then again, he was their DC and their defense wasn’t very good…

O’Connell is riding the Rams OC wave…hard to know if he’ll be any good or not.

I’d never even heard of Mike McDaniel so there’s that…

Pederson I think is a good hire to right that ship….he’s proven he knows QBs and he turned around a bad Eagles team…I’d be happy as a Jaguars fan

Josh McDaniels I just hate…he is scum…it’s sad because my wife is a HUGE Raiders fan but I just can’t root for the scumbag…

Daboll I like…I think he’s the right guy to develop Jones..if he can’t do it then probably no one can…I just hope we don’t sit here a year from now saying man we should’ve signed him instead of Saleh

just a kind of strange group of hires

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Apparently the Texans were pretty much convinced they were going to hire McCown but thought the optics would be too bad after the Flores lawsuit.

lol

16. The Dark Knight

Was Mike LaFleur under Mike McDaniel at San Francisco? Or were they equals? I was trying to figure that out earlier. I really like LaFleur, so that means McDaniel at least should be pretty good.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah well. Mike McDaniel doesn’t know who the fuck you are either. Sheesh. ;)

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

IIRC, McDaniel was the run game coordinator while LaFleur was the passing game coordinator. Sounds like they were equals.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think the Giants hit a homerun with HC Daboll and DC Martindale hiring. I was disappointed in Saleh coaching this past season. I hope he wasn't overwhelmed and will do a better job this year. It was really the hat trick of coach disappointment as LaFleur and Ulbrich sucked too.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

McDaniel was the run game coordinator while LaFleur was pass game coordinator under Shanahan, then when LaFleur left, McDaniel became OC

Jets79 and The Dark Knight like this.