Brady reportedly retiring

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I was rooting for the Giants big time in both those Super Bowls. Not because I like the Giants but because I really disliked Belichik and the Pats.

Also there was the whole NY vs Boston thing which I think is hard-coded in both cities fan bases.

HomeoftheJets and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm sure he still does have the CTE. It was tongue in cheek. Still, how did he know Kraft threw a fit? Which, by the way, I don't doubt for a minute:

“I was told earlier tonight that . . . it was an unpleasant day today at the executive offices in Foxboro, and that Robert Kraft initially when he first heard the news was very upset,” Johnson said on Boston Sports Tonight on Tuesday evening.

“He was screaming and he was yelling and there was . . . a temper tantrum that he threw after he read this [Instagram] post. So, he was not happy about it in Foxboro, and I’m not surprised.”

Told by who? I'd love to know. He blurts out stuff sometimes like Belichick sucks, Mac Jones sucks, their defense sucks. It's too bad that he retired in 2004 because we would be hearing a lot more Tourette's about cheating right now.

Poor reporting, but this is hilarious. Tom Brady doesn't get hit:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...y-for-irresponsible-comments-about-the-brain/

3. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

The rivalry between the Jets and Giants used to be pretty intense, dating all the way back to pre-merger days.

I used to hate the Giants as much as any division rival. Maybe more. Sitting in a big blue stadium with their name on it didn't help things either.

A lot of my friends are Giants fans, and when they played the Pats in those Super Bowls, I found myself pulling for them.

When they beat the Pats, I found my self not hating the Giants so much.

Since they have been so inept in recent years, I really don't hate the Giants at all at least not right now. Maybe if they get better.

Br4d likes this.
  4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

ESPN is showing a 30 for 30 episode tonight on the Tuck Rule (S3:E52).

Tom Brady and Charles Woodson discuss the hit that resulted in the creation of ‘The Tuck Rule.’ “

Josh McDaniels recently said that it was a fumble. I doubt TB12 will ever admit it.

Might be interesting.

#124 RPOZ51, Feb 6, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

My dad, my brother, and my uncle are all Giants fans, and by the time I became a Jets fan, neither team had much to be proud of, so there was no real intense rivalry. Plus, I live in CT deep within Patriots territory, so Jets and Giants fans are all strangers in a foreign land. As a result, I've also always been a bit of a Giants fan. SBXLII and XLVI were two of the best moments in my time watching football.

However, my wife grew up near Philly, and she and I lived in that area for most of last decade, so of course she's an Eagles fan, much to my father's chagrin. And considering I lived in the Philly region for awhile and cheered for them really hard in SBLII, I'm kind of conflicted over whether the Giants or the Eagles are my 2nd team after the Jets.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  6. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

This is from a Yahoo Sports review of the 30 for 30 show about the Tuvk Rule:

"According to Bill Belichick, the "Tuck Rule" was much ado about nothing.
    The head coach said again during Sunday's airing of ESPN's Tuck Rule 30 for 30 documentary that he knew as the play unfolded .

"I knew that play," Belichick said. "That was the rule."

But what if referee Walt Coleman hadn't been assigned to the Patriots' divisional round game against the Oakland Raiders that snowy night 20 years ago, and the play had been open to the interpretation of another official?

Would Belichick have still stuck with Tom Brady heading into the 2002 season? Brady himself seems to think no.

"I'm probably the backup QB going into 2002," Brady said in the film. 'I'm not the starter if we lose that game. '"