Brady reportedly retiring

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There have been a lot of arguments over the years about who the greatest QB of all time was.

Brady put them to rest.

I'm glad he's gone.

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Pats fans in shambles right now over him not thanking them directly. Holy shit LMAO

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Obviously things between Brady and Belichik were not the rosy picture presented to the public.

For the record I highly doubt Belichik wins another championship. I think he won 5 or 6 he'd have had no shot at without Brady.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He was definetly a different person after leaving New England. He seemed like a miserable, unhappy guy when he was there. I’ll always dislike the torment he put on us for 18 years. But I just didn’t hate him as much in Tampa.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You think so? Do they really beat the Rams either time without Belichick’s defenses to neutralize those attacks? Or the Eagles in round one forcing McNabb into a bunch of bad interceptions?

And do they even get to either SB in 03 or 04 without holding Peyton to 17 points across two playoff games?

I think the relationship is as mutualistic as it gets, honestly.

westiedog1 and ouchy like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We still haven't beat the Patriots since 12/27/2015... :confused:

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The QB's I grew up watching have all retired. Brady, Peyton, Eli, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers. Feels strange. I'm not including Flacco and Ryan because both came into the league long after I became a fan.

The Dark Knight and REVISion like this.
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Just as I predicted, Brady has now issued a statement acknowledging the existence of the Patriots. Of course, it is 6 words long, as opposed to the 962 words of the earlier statement. He must really hate them.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

A respectable man gives a nod to the Patriots in this scenario, I dont care how it ended. That was low class

Woodhead likes this.
  10. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Whoever is responsible for this tweet at NBC NY deserves a raise. A big one. :D

jetophile, RPOZ51 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  11. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

This would have been a better picture

[​IMG]

12. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You make a very compelling argument and admitting your bias/hate is honest.

I remember that same argument used to be said of Joe Montana in the past due to his SB performances. Personally, I thought Marino and Elway were better at the time.

Comparing Brady to someone like Lawrence Taylor makes no sense since they are totally different positions.

If we want to stick to the position of QB, I think an argument could be made in modern times, that Brady was best at making quick decisions and releasing the ball quickly. He was very accurate at the short and mid-range passing game. He was very resilient when it came to injury. He was very effective in short-yardage QB sneaks. He was an excellent cold weather thrower. His weaknesses were throwing out of the pocket, scrambling, and throwing the deep ball accurately.

Having said all that, Brady would not have lasted that long if he played back in the 60's, 70's, or 80's for example.

Watch the 1968 AFC Championship game between the Jets and Raiders, and the punishment Joe Namath received. I can not see any modern QB playing 20 years under those conditions, do you?

Also if you look at the stats for Bradshaw when it came to TDs and Interceptions, Bradshaw with those stats would not be considered great today. However, Bradshaw played in a more difficult time for QBs and those stats that look bad are actually good for that time.

Then there are QBs like Otto Graham, Dan Fouts, Norm Van Brocklin, Fran Tarkenton, and Roger Staubach just to name some more.

Trying to declare the greatest is so difficult because football has changed so much over the years.

But I hope we agree that he should be in the HOF.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I hate the Giants, but that was awesome, hahaha. Those two matchups were a nightmare for me. I wished that they could have thrown bombs and grenades at each other instead of footballs, but the truth of it is I wasn't actually rooting for the Giants to win. I was out of my mind rooting for the Cheats to lose.

I gave the middle finger dance to the TV that's for damn sure. Imagine how insufferable it would have been if the Cheats had won both of those games, let alone one of them. As if it hasn't been insufferable enough. Barf.

14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Certainly for me he is. I hated him with a passion, yet was always mesmerized by his play. We all know how difficult playing QB is, but he actually made it look easy. Was glad two years ago when he left NE, didn't mind that he went to TB so much.

Since1969 and Br4d like this.
  15. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Okay. I can agree that he's a Hall of Famer.

But eff him!

16. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Felt exactly the same way. That was a meteorite game for sure. In the end it was a relief to see the Pats get pipped like that-- twice. Nowadays I don't even really hate the Giants any more. They are just as much of a punchline as the Jets :D:(

17. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Yup my hatred for him went from 100% to 99% for that

MoWilkBeast and BrowningNagle like this.
  18. jetophile

19. jetophile

When did Ted Johnson become the official/unofficial mouthpiece for the Cheats? I always loved this one:

"Every now and then I'd get a sheet, one hour before the game with a list of audibles for our opponent. I don't know how, but they just showed up." - Ted Johnson, New England Patriots' LB, 2005

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I thought Ted Johnson had the CTE