Has the division just got easier?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cval, Jan 31, 2022.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

With Flores getting fired, Daboll going to the Giants, and now McDaniels going to the Raiders has the division just gotten a little easier?

#1 cval, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  2. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Possibly. Harbaugh maybe coming to the Dolphins and he's won everywhere he's ever coached, so that might hurt things a little.

3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Jets just need to draft good players. If they can do that I won't say this other stuff totally doesn't matter. But it'll be like the weather. It is what it is and you can't control it.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think if Harbaugh goes to the NFL it will be to a place that already has a vet QB he thinks he can use in place.

The Viking interview was the first foray and I'm sure Harbaugh thinks he can use Cousins and win with him if he winds up there.

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It's possible but as of right now the other 3 teams have a better QB than we do.

I still like Zach and think he's got more potential than at least 2 of those 3 but he's got to be better in his 2nd season.

JD needs to add some more pieces to help Zach's progression so we'll have to wait and see how our roster looks after the draft.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'd much rather roll with Zach than Mac Jones or Tua. Teams with the Mac Jones or Tuas of the world have significantly worse odds of winning a Super Bowl in today's NFL unless the rest of the team is perfect and even then, they can still fall short like SF did last night.

Zach has a significantly higher ceiling than Mac or Tua and teams are going to need an elite QB to compete with Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, and Allen.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He also has a connection to the GM that they just hired.

McDaniels has been there a while and is a good coordinator, but Belichick has adapted well to losing coordinators over the years so I don’t think that’s much of an issue.

Hopefully someone hires Leslie Frazier and Daboll brings Ken Dorsey with him as OC. It’ll be interesting to see how McDermott adjusts.

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Totally agree but as of right now both Mac and Tua are better than Zach.

To your point, I think Zach has more potential than both of those guys but at some point that potential has to be realized or we'll find ourselves in another Darnold situation here in another couple of years.

Noam, PJ4Ever and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Bills fans want Frazier fired after that 13 seconds meltdown. As for Dorsey the Bills could promote him to OC. I think he would prefer working with Allen over Jones assuming the money is equal. Would he get to call the plays as the Giants OC with Daboll there?

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Regardless of what the fans want, Frazier was the coordinator for the #1 defense this year on a team that just lost their offensive coordinator. I don’t think it’d be smart to get rid of him yet.

I think the Bills already said Josh Allen will have a say in the next offensive coordinator. So they better make that decision fast before Dorsey gets plucked. Similar to how the 49ers promoted DeMeco Ryans as soon as we hired Saleh so we couldn’t drag him with us.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Huge buzzkill when that happened.

REVISion likes this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Bills #1 ranking on defense was built on playing a lot of bad teams with bad to average QB's. When they played teams with a good offense and good QB they struggled. The Titans, Colts, Chiefs went up and down the field on them. Even the Pats in that "wind game" had over 200 yards rushing.

Losmeister, PJ4Ever and cval like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My apologies Cval ...love your Posts BUT

Easier! ??? Are you kidding ?? LMAO This is even discussed..why worry about better teams and potential CS

Take a look in the mirror >>>>>WE SUCK

And until Saleh ,JD , Wilson start us winning the Jets will continue to be a doormat afterthought

#13 NYJetsO12, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    AndyDrums and Jets69 like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think the last 2-3 games of the season show that Zach has already surpassed by Tua and Jones. He is on the road to realizing his potential.

KingRoach and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Haven’t heard anything about Harbaugh to the Dolphins. Vikings is the job he wants

16. NCJetsfan

It remains to be seen what happens with Buffalo. BB has adapted to losing McDaniels and other OCs in the past, but now that teams have video of Mac Jones, I think he's much less effective next season, and the Pats will take a step or two back.

Unless Miami hires Harbaugh or hits the jackpot with some other HC candidate, I'm not worried about them. If JD has the offseason I hope and think he will, then things will take care of themselves, as I expect Zach to be greatly improved, and hopefully Saleh and Ulbrich will have learned from their mistakes and the D be adapted to the players we have.

17. NCJetsfan

Why would he want either job?

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not at all. the bills will be a top 5 team in the AFC for quite some time. the pats just made the playoffs and will only get better. miami is a wildcard. they could be worse with flores out and them sticking with tua but I can't see a world where the bills aren't winning the division every year for the next few years (unless allen gets hurt) meaning we can at bets fight for a wild card and the AFC as a whole are stacked. not many bad teams in the AFC.

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Flores was a good coach and Daboll a great OC but as long as Belichick and Allen are around it won't be an easy division.

Borat and PJ4Ever like this.
  20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I don't know if I agree with this.

Again, give me Zach over either in the long run but he's not better than either one right now IMO.

b.reyes16, MoWilkBeast and REVISion like this.