2021 NFL Divisional Round

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 21, 2022.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Bruh the Bills had the best defense in the NFL this year, both in PPG and YPG allowed.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I wonder how many Bills fans watched 'Buffalo 66' last night. "I'm gonna kill Scott Wood."

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

You believe in accountability for 13 seconds so much that you'd want successful good coaches fired?
    I wonder what you think about Saleh and JD then jeez. The Jets haven't won a divisional game in 2 years, let alone playing highly competitive playoff football..

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think the Bills should make any structural changes to their staff although they could lose both coordinators to other teams as head coaches.

There were definitely some missteps yesterday and all, but they need to keep taking cracks at it.

If they can’t get past the divisional round or the Chiefs in the next couple years maybe you consider it.

REVISion and Bills over Jets like this.
  5. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

We should just skip them and go right to Chiefs/Rams. Waste of a week.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I agree. Daboll will take the Giants job. Not sure if Frazier is in contention anywhere (maybe Chicago?). You obviously dont fire your best employees for a mistake.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

That's the matchup I expect, but also didn't think the Packers would lose. And the Chiefs D didn't exactly contain the Bengals offense when they met in December.
    The 49ers have owned the Rams in recent years, so I wouldn't count them out either.

KingRoach likes this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is all about expectations. The Bills are the best team in the NFL and just blew a great opportunity. Josh can rip put his ACL game one next season and never be the same. Daboll is getting hired away. The Window is very short in the NFL and they just lost a game they should have one with horrible defensive play calling. Frazier has got to go.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

All irrelevant isn't when your coach chokes in the biggest game. This defense was built for one thing stop Mahomes in the playoffs. That is a fail in my book.

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

So you didn't expect the Jets to win a divisional game in 2 years?

This logic is really flawed.
    They just blew out Belichick in the playoffs, and went toe to toe with the Chiefs on the road, who I believe is the best team in the league.
    Allen is a beast, the defense is solid. The future is very bright over there.
    Regarding the Jets tho......I'm expecting another last place finish but that's ok because you don't expect much anyway?
    The Jets are much more in dire need for accountability than the Bills atm.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Saleh is in his first year. No, I did not expect us to win a divisional game this year. Last year we fired Gase. I am not sure what that has to do with the Bills. They will be losing their OC this year and you never who else. They were the best team in the NFL and had the game one until Frazier and bad play calling.

12. REVISion

The defense shares some blame but the Bills probably win that game if their kicker hadn't booted it into the endzone on the kickoff with 13 seconds left.

It's really hard to defend against the team with the best QB, offensive weapons and coach in the league.

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It should not be hard for the number 1 defense in the league to not give up 44 yards in less than10 seconds.

KingRoach likes this.
  14. REVISion

I agree they share some blame but if the kicker does his job nobody would be talking about the defense.

KingRoach likes this.
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That game he probably would squibbed it to the 40 or KC returns it for a TD. How much time runs off if you Squib it? The Chiefs did still have two time outs. I admit he should have squibbed but the game would not have been over.

16. REVISion

It would've run off 3 seconds at the low end and 5 at the high end. Either way it probably would've meant one play for KC instead of two. They'd have been forced to throw a hail mary or attempt a 60 yard FG.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Mahomes and Reid have been doing shit like that to teams since he came into the league. There’s a reason they were 8-1 in one score games last year.

You’re setting the franchise back if you willingly dismantle some of the organization.

HomeoftheJets, REVISion and KingRoach like this.
  18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

wtf is going on? ASSUME that Bills beat Cinci? that's BS. Perhaps more than 50% PROBABLE.

And "Bills lose cos of the coin toss"? wtf. ASSUMING any team gets it WILL score. Simply untrue.

NY Jets68 and RPOZ51 like this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Firing the DC is not Demantling the organization. The OC is most likely gone and DC would have been gone if not for that dismal performance.

20. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

?? Aspriations not met is failure. New definition.