2021 NFL Divisional Round

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If Rodgers looks to go other places with the ball, I’m sure they win that game. He stared down Adams in double coverage all game long and refuses to look anywhere else until he was under siege.

Now he gets to create the narrative all off-season about not having enough help.

Antoni and Acad23 like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Reading around the sentiments of Packers fans, some of it is bubbling over about Rodgers, some of it is still supportive. This is the mild stuff:

"Good morning. I want to die."
    "Needed regular season Rodgers, got playoff Rodgers. Again."
    "Rodgers has time to do more of his own research now."
    "He'll be boycotting the SB because he's not in it."

barfolomew likes this.
  3. jetophile

You certainly did not. Losmeister is right on one hand, but I should have extended that by saying you are 100% right on this as to Rodgers and not advancing. It's a black eye for sure.

Dan Marino is in the HOF with no rings (lest we forget). Rodgers had to at least get there this year after being at such a high level during the regular season as usual without sounding like a blowhard. He didn't. Now he has egg on his face again and is going to point fingers at everyone except himself.

EDIT: Autocorrect

#123 jetophile, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    barfolomew likes this.
  4. jetophile

It's like people with high levels of intelligence who ace everything but don't test well in a big spot. I have sympathy for those people. I don't have any sympathy for Aaron Rodgers.

Since1969 and barfolomew like this.
  5. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

If it goes as planned Jimmy G. Vs Tom B. in the NFC final. Wonder who Coach Bill B. will be going for?? Question Brady has won Super Bowls w/a NFC team and a AFC team has any other QB done that??

barfolomew likes this.
  6. jetophile

Jesus H Christ I hope the Rams win today. I kind of don't give much of a crap after that. One tool down, one tool to go.

barfolomew, MoWilkBeast and NY Jets68 like this.
  7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Willing to bet if Rex and Co. didnt beat the Patriots that year, Rodgers still doesn't have a ring.

Antoni, Acad23 and barfolomew like this.
  8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think Rodgers is a bigger choker than Peyton Manning at this point, but its very close.

Peyton at least got his team to 4 Super Bowls, and won multiple AFC championship games.

Rodgers has won one NFC Championship, where Caleb Hanie outperformed him, but only played half the game........

9. Jonathan_Vilma

And of course, Peyton, the guy who notoriously struggled more outdoors in the cold, had to play one of his Super Bowls in the only outdoor cold weather venues in league history.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think today will feature a split. One road team and one home team will prevail.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think he is the only one. Craig Morton led the Cowboys to SB V and the Broncos to SB12. Peyton and Kurt Warner both led 2 teams, but both in the same conference

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just scrolled through this thread and didn't see anything on it. Vilma & I brought it up in the gambling thread -- What the hell were Vrabel/Taylor doing at the end of the game yesterday?

[​IMG]
    It's like neither team wanted to win in regulation. Look at the time of these plays.
    2:43 the first play of this drive is run, they don't run another before the 2 min warning?
    Cinci burns a TO at 1:45, but not after the 2nd & 10 play which only netted the Titans 5 yards? Wouldn't you want to get the ball back before OT?
    The most mind boggling play was why are the Titans forcing a pass with 20 seconds left if they let the clock run down 48 seconds before the previous play?

You can get on Tannenhill all you want for throwing 3 INTs, but the last one of the game was on coaching man. What are you doing?????

Ralebird, Acad23 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

All you guys can talk about is Rodgers. To me, a Wisconsin born kid, it's more about the whole team. The team went thru so much adversity all year, and all around does not have character issues, or divas besides the Rodgers situation. I hate it for all the good players that played well, and players that couldn't play. It really sucks. But that's sports.

14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

No home team had played in a Super Bowl until the Buccaneers did last year…. The Rams are trying to be the fist team to host the conference championship and the Super Bowl in the same year.

15. CotcheryFan

It would be nice if we had the Packers problem of coming up short in the playoffs instead of seasons being over by Halloween.

But, that had to be a crushing defeat when the opposing offense scored a grand total of 6 points.

Pepsiguy5 and FJF like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can you clarify which ones?

Asking for a dirtbag gambler friend... :confused:

17. CotcheryFan

Rams and Chiefs. I could be totally wrong, but that's what my crystal ball says.

Ralebird, Brook! and Acad23 like this.
  18. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Still no excuse to lose the way they did. IIRC, they scored a late touchdown in garbage time and that was all they did the whole game. He had a record setting offense that year. They broke most if not all records set by the 2007-2008 Patriots and were favored in the SuperBowl by 2.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

It’ll be interesting to see if Brady Rules apply. Shawn Hochuli is far and away the worst head official in the game. Not sure if he has his normal crew or if it’s mixed but they throw tons of stupid flags.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Tannehill is better than Goff. And the Rams only got rid of Goff because they were able to trade him for Stafford. So sure, if the Titans can trade Tannehill for, say, Russell Wilson, then they should go for it. But they shouldn't just dump Tannehill without a proven better alternative.