Zach Wilson: Year End Grade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 9, 2022.

?

Your Year End Grade for Zach Wilson

1. A+ to A-

0.9%
  2. B+ to B-

19.6%
  3. C+ to C-

53.3%
  4. D

23.4%
  5. F

2.8%
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It looks like he did make a pair of expensive investments to get to that D. Perhaps the low completion % is what did him in. Now we have to be worried about him pulling Deshaun Watson.

[​IMG] .

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Zach discovered his GF posting on TGG under the username ouchy.

MoWilkBeast, NYJetsO12, Borat and 7 others like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Uncle Dave came through.

NYJFOREVER, REVISion and Mogriffjr like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Did Van Rotten get a return flight?

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I assure you...my breasts are natural.

Brook!, Pepsiguy5, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He booked Van Roten at The White Lotus resort...I don't think we are going to be hearing from him anytime soon lol

CotcheryFan and cval like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Meh. Recently Wilson's GF (ex?) posted a video of herself, her friend, and Wilson's mom dancing. I found myself much more attracted to the mom. But maybe I'm old now ....

He's young, rich, and in the NFL. She is some skinny girl from Utah. He's gonna end up in the better situation

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Eh his mom is still hot and I guarantee I'm younger than you.

His EX gf seems like she'd be a piece of work to deal with to be honest. I did remember reading that they were HS sweethearts though.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Post of the thread! You've clearly studied every nuance of the picture I posted and nailed the essence of it. Now need to get there for Zach's season performance too :)

Brook! and ouchy like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Forget this year..really . He is no Justin Herbert unfortunately ..thatmuch I can gather. But my other favorite rookie D Lawrence struggled as well

But since I had to grade its "C"

The grade I give myself and Fanbase is "W" for worry he is a Post Darnold bust lol

So come September 2022 with a new supporting cast the kid has to skyrocket to "A"

ouchy likes this.
  12. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Before his injury I give him a D, after the injury I give him a B. I felt he was a different player after the injury and did a great job with what he had to work with.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

By far the worst drop rate in NFL: https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/01/15/zach-wilson-nfl-lead-jets-message/

Yeah, Zach's stats don't look good, but it this kind of nuance that people need to understand. He was dealt a terrible hand, and supporting cast needs to be significantly better next year, so that a real/fair evaluation can take place.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Some of those were nickels... :confused:

ColoradoContrails and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bad QB's have a lot of dropped passes compared to their peers.

We all got on the "look at the drops" conversation early on because Corey Davis dropped a few passes.

However you then get a bit further into the season and everybody is dropping passes and it's mostly not their fault - the drops are actually inaccurate passes poorly placed and often at bad velocities for the distance and situation. Some of them are just really bad throws where Zach is hanging the WR out to dry with bodies all around him (Zach and the receiver). Most of them are just poorly thrown balls that a great effort might have caught but most guys would have dropped.

As a group we need to get off of the "Zach was a victim of..." conversation. While partly true the reality is that Zach just sucked last year and if he doesn't fix things in the off-season he's going to suck next year - again with more drops than other QB's because that's what happens when you throw the ball poorly without good anticipation or touch.

The difference between Zach as a rookie and Mark Sanchez as a rookie is that Zach got hurt in the middle of the season and avoided throwing probably another 7 or 8 Int's during the time he was out. Then, just like Sanchez, he got a very rookie friendly offense late in the season that didn't ask him to do much except avoid throwing interceptions.

BTW, at this point I'm pretty sure Sanchez was the superior prospect. He also had trouble with the dinky stuff but he had a way of making clutch throws and stringing drives together. This is why he did well in the playoffs. He helped to keep the other team's offense off the field and strung together enough scoring drives early on to keep the Jets in the game.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I watched all these drops. These balls should have been caught, period. The rate at which the balls were dropped is not explained by poor throwing. You could argue a couple of them, but vast majority need to be caught. It's not a rocket science. We need better WRs, better TEs, and RBs aside from Carter than can catch the ball. JD has some work to do.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Br4d

You didn't watch the drops with an open mind as to why they occurred.

I saw ball after ball thrown on the back shoulder in crossing patterns, thrown a bit too high or too low and thrown too hard at a pointblank range.

As to your point on Zach needing better targets, that is true. If the Jets are going to roll with Zach next year they need to bring on the hands team to roll with him because ordinary receivers are going to have the same problem the Jets receivers had this year.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It is 100% possible that Wilson had an abnormal amount of passes dropped while at the same time being mostly at fault for his own bad play. I don’t know why there has to be a divide down the middle like Robert California coming in and making a list of all the Dunder Mifflin branch employees.

REVISion, HomeoftheJets and Br4d like this.
  20. Br4d

Vinny Testaverde was a classic gunslinger with questionable touch. This is why he was so up and down in his NFL career before coming to the Jets.

The Jets gave him Richie Anderson, Keyshawn Johnson, Wayne Chrebet and Curtis Martin as his primary targets and he prospered in '98, having his best season and taking the Jets to the AFC Championship game. That was giving the QB the hands team and what it could produce.

The downside was that the guys who didn't have good hands, like Dedric Ward, were downsized in the offense and their roles became more situational.

NYJetsO12 likes this.