2022 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dawinner127, Jan 10, 2022.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Anthony Lynn out as OC at Detroit.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Crazy, I wonder if Chargers fans wish they had him back

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

After the run the dolphins just had the second half, this was strange. They have to have their mind set on someone already.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not saying I'm in love with Saleh but at least he's not a lying sociopath like the other NY coach who somehow didn't get fired today...

Jonathan_Vilma and dawinner127 like this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

For those wondering about Flores. He went 10-6 in year two of their rebuild and had 4 top 42 picks last draft. Then he went 9-7.
    Someone has to pay for that.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He also took a team that was projected to go 0-16 to a 5-11 record. He’s 19-14 in 2 years with an actual NFL roster. It’s insane that he was fired

Antoni and cval like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Orlovsky has soured on me as of late but he’s spot on with this Judge take

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Flores didn’t engineer those horrible drafts they’ve had though. Chris Grier should’ve been fired sooner than Flores.

HomeoftheJets and Antoni like this.
  9. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I was surprised too but Flores missed the playoffs for 3 straight years so Dolphins made the right decision to let Flores go unfortunately

10. ILoveTheJets

The Jets are a dysfunctional franchise also

11. ILoveTheJets

I doubt it since Chargers only made the playoffs once out of 4 years in Lynn’s coaching tenture

Poeman likes this.
  12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Worth noting that Flores never had an offense ranked higher than 22-23rd the whole time in Miami. His first year (the 5-11 year) he probably had the worst offense. I believe there was a stretch or maybe even a whole season where Ryan Fitzpatrick was the team's leading rusher. And the offensive line was a mess. Miami missed out on key signings and kept stockpiling picks instead of getting immediate help. And I'm not arguing against that strategy but you have to take into account that Flores had very little to work with on the offensive end. That's what makes his record pretty impressive.

13. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

The only thing that makes sense is they land Harbaugh and give him full control. That solves the Grier problem, who should have been fired way before Flores.

If they keep Grier and go after one of the OCs like the KC OC or Leftwich it would be a disaster.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

The GM? Also, what did they expect Flores to do when he's got Belichick and Josh Allen in his division, and his QB is Tua? Tua not bad, but he's not going to elevate the team either.

Acad23 likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

Or a general manager willing to take the job. At this point the best-case scenario for the Giants is to promote someone internally to GM, have another terrible season, and start over fully in 2023.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

They had a good draft last season. Picked up a star WR, a good D lineman, superstar saftey, and average tackle. That's a pretty good return on their 4 top 42 picks. The GM didn't cause the 1-7 start.

Antoni likes this.
  17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Waddle is a really good player. Though some are always going to say they could have had Chase or Pitts at #3 if they never traded down to the #12. The headscratcher IMHO though was the trade with Philly where they sent their own pick instead of SF's to move up 6 spots in order to take Waddle. Philly eventually swapped picks with Dallas and got Devonta Smith who is arguably the better player over him and Waddle. And of course Dallas won the day by getting Micah Parsons at #12, who could have been had by the Dolphins along with the pick they now owe the Eagles.

Pepsiguy5 and ouchy like this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much your whole post.

IMO they used Waddle all wrong, and I think that is beause of Tua. They spent all offseason lamenting they needed a downfield threat at WR. Then they get Waddle and spend the entire season using him on 4 yard outs and crossing patterns. I think that was to give Tua a security blanket. If that was the case they need to dump Tua. They had a playmaker and never turned him loose.

(I think they traded their first because they expected to go deep into the playoffs this season?)

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They had a good draft this year. Their 2019 and 2020 drafts are pretty bad and they have basically the worst offensive line in football. The defense is as good as it’s been the past couple years in part because of Flores.

ouchy likes this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree about the 2020 draft. I personally don't blame Flores. I'd take him over Saleh at this point.