Jets showed they belong today! (I could be wrong.. LOL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 9, 2022.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Put your "money" where your mouth is. It's not good enough to make a generic claim that denigrates JD's talent evaluation in FA. Please tell me who you don't like that JD signed and why, and then tell me who you would have signed instead and how you would have fit his contract under the cap. Lest you think I'm just picking on you, from now on, I'm going to do the same thing with any poster who badmouths JD's FA moves. Oftentimes posters can't name names, of if they can, they throw out unrealistic names and amounts, or just assume that someone better at a positions was available and willing to sign with the Jets when there wasn't anyone better who was willing to sign here. In addition, people have been happy with JD's cleaning up the cap and being responsible, not handing out ridiculous contracts like Mac. So it's hard to criticize him for being cheap, when there was still a lot of that money on the cap from those contracts that Mac signed players to, so JDs hands have been tied to some extent. Also, he learned from Ozzie Newsome and Ozzie didn't generally sign top tier FAs to huge contracts.

KingRoach likes this.
  2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

The offense never had a shot today. That offensive line they fielded today was absolute garbage, and the Bills' defense is the best in the league. On top of that, Wilson was throwing to dudes who have no business playing anything but special teams. The only ray of light, SOMEHOW Wilson managed to not turn the ball over, and I'll take that as a win. If anyone expected anything more from that group, you were wishing for a miracle; they didn't even field an NFL quality offense.

The defense looked fantastic, and they got no help from the zebras. The amount of time those dudes were on the field, I'm shocked at how well they played.

Little things that were displayed over the last 2 games make me feel better about next year. Let's hope JD opens up the checkbook and grabs Armstead at Guard, and I'd love Dalton Schultz, but I don't see the Cowboys letting him leave. 4 picks in the top 40 has me excited, but please get this kid some elite weapons and protection and we MAY have a meaningful season next year.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yes I prefer swinging while striking out, versus not swinging at all.
    At least Mac made contact on occasion.

Yet here we are.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You do realize the weather was a big factor?

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The Jets offense was dog shit.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

They had the lowest offensive output in the history of this sad, pathetic, horrible franchise. 52 yds. And you want to try to come up with something positive for this game and pretend that they belonged? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Today was just another disgusting game in the pathetic history of this team. 52 yds. 52 yds!
    P.S. Love u CMan
    We just disagree on this one.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

BTW....... if I saw the stats correct, we had - 80 plus yards in sacks. What a complete and utter embarrassment that is.

Cman68, James Hasty and BacktoQueens like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here are my two centsToday. we were simply overmatched talent wise, and by a long shot. The team hang tight with tape and glue, fought hard but with very little talent to meet our opponent.
    At times like this, is easy to crap all over the CS and GM, loosing sight that we played most the entire season with over 50% of our legit starters on injured reserve one time or another, and a slew of rookies with zero experience. This, for a team with little or no depth in some areas to start with. None the less, injuries as devastating as it has been for us are a way of life moving forward. We desperately need to find a broader solution, strengthen not just a couple of our starter positions with the first two rounds but literally improve across the board the bench strength and the bottom of our roster.
    How much we can do in 2022 remains to be seen, but at this point I subscribe to the theory of adding a lot of good pieces versus a splurge for few great pieces. We just have way too many holes that need fixing.

NCJetsfan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

When you consider our offense was a 3 and out machine the defense did okay to hold them. But some of that was the Bills were out of sinc on offense.

#49 ouchy, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    James Hasty likes this.
  10. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

There was no reason to leave Wilson in there for the entire game. He had ZERO protection and ZERO tools to work with. This is the scenerio that can ruin young QBs. Truthfully, I did not think Wilson should have even played today with the way the rosters were stacking up. He should have ended the season on last week's high note. I give Salah a total F on this one.

boozer32 and James Hasty like this.
  11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There are only two reasons to have taken Wilson out. 1) He was hurt. 2) A backup could have won the game.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If a surgeon kills a bunch of patients in low-risk surgeries, are you gonna make people criticizing him explain how they would have done the surgeries differently?

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm tired of saying oh they played hard and almost won. They looked weak and scared the whole game. They are a horrible team. No more sugar coating.

Cman68 and Ralebird like this.
  15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

JD free agency moves I didn't like:
    2020 key signings
    - Perriman - was not a success
    - Van Roten - generally acknowledged as the Jets worst offensive lineman
    - Flacco - disappointing
    - Fant - good signing
    - McGovern - disappointing

2021 key signings
    - failed to bring in a decent vet QB and then wasted a pick getting Flacco back
    - Lawson - signed to a big money contract but injured basically the whole seasons
    - Davis - signed to a big money contract but didn't deliver anywhere close to that price
    - failed to take steps to bolster the OL which was ranked 29th in 2020
    - failed to take steps to bolster the CBs

papapump, boozer32 and Cman68 like this.
  16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The Jets O was basically back up bowl final preseason game standard, against the #1 D, playing full throttle for a division title at home, in weather. No way they could compete. They tried but there was nothing there to generate yardage consistently. That's not to excuse the fact that it was dog shit. It was a great steaming pile of it. Not sure anyone could have done much about it though.

bicketybam and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

Disclaimer; I'm a lifelong Bills fan.

Two top ten draft picks this year (can probably trade back and pick up even more picks), 4th most cap space in the NFL, a solid coach and a young QB who should come back better. 2022 should be a better season for you guys. Rebuilds are no fun but you've got the ammo to do it quickly if JD and Salah make good decisions this offseason in the draft / free agency.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

HA....Brother had to work, and missed most of the game and he called me when he got home for the 4th qtr....
    "Dude, these guys are looking pretty good. Offense looks good"
    "HA, they have like 50 yards of offense!"
    "WHAT?! How's the score close?
    "1 play on offense, and a shitty punter on the Bills"

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It wasn’t even close. It shoulda been 57-10, not 27-10. It was a blowout, look at the yardage totals

20. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

moe, larry and Curley. They couldn’t run a decent route to save their lives.

Lam

cval likes this.