Robert Saleh: Year End Grade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 9, 2022.

?

Your Year End Grade for Robert Saleh

1. A+ to A-

1.3%
  2. B+ to B-

25.6%
  3. C+ to C-

42.3%
  4. D

21.8%
  5. F

9.0%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Season ended and first year is in the books. How would you grade Saleh's first year as the Jets Head Coach?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He was a rookie HC with a rookie OC and DC along with a rookie QB while fielding total 10 rookie starters.

Will give him a pass for this year. Next year, hope he can focus a little bit more on defense so we start out strong.

For me, his performance deserved a grade of C

JetFanInPA likes this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Hard to judge him when he has so little to work with

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

C range for me. A lot of room for improvement but also think he wasn’t a train wreck.

Im with you Brook, willing to give him a pass this year because of injuries and overall talent on the roster. Definitely need to see improvement in 2022 though.

mrjet80, JetFanInPA and Brook! like this.
  5. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Big fat F.

I thought I was being cautiously optimistic by predicting this team would only win 6 games this year.

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

No you weren't

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. JackBower

A higher C than Wilson.

I like his approach, but he's gotta do better with time management and not hurting the team at times.

I also thought he did hold players accountable, unlike many posters here. Multiple guys lost playing time because they sucked, and deservedly so. The players play for him too.

8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

C- or D+

Worst defense in franchise history. Ulbrich is a disaster and he's here because of Saleh. We had better talent on d than last year even with the injuries yet were way worse. LaFleur isn't bad.

Still worried Saleh is too much of a player's coach.

9. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

C this year.

Horrid Job for everyone this year with this awful roster.

Year two with the full bases and schemes set is where I'll start assessing moving forward.

He wasnt Urban Meyer.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

barfolomew likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Saleh at least gets a passing grade for getting on the plane after every away game and not kicking his kicker.

I gave him a C. Hard to tell what he's got when he's coaching this dumpster fire of a roster. Saw some good, saw some bad. We'll see what happens when/if he gets some talent to work with.

rickjet likes this.
  11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I gave him a D. His clock management was poor, and you really shouldn’t hire your friends.

Jets81 and REVISion like this.
  12. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

F for me too. Expected better, at least that was the preseason hype. The offense was inept, the defense was inept. When you put a poor product on the field, you have to own it.

13. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

C for me. Feel like he started to get the hang of the role and how to cope with it. There are definite places for improvement and figuring out different scenarios etc, but that also comes with time. Look at Staley, he goes for it so often on 4th down, where sometimes it hurts the team.

Think he is in a very good place & his connections will help him. Getting Mike Lefleur as OC was very big (iMO, of course), but he is very close to both him and Matt -- so I would bet that he will be in Matt's ear asking for advice quite often.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Name one thing he does well

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

D

I had really high hopes for Saleh and have been let down.

his first mistake was hiring inexperience at literally every spot they were hired for, with players also full of same inexperience.
    Any FO or owner aware of team building strategy would never have allowed this, but this is the Jets.

His second mistake was abandoning every good skill set which landed him the job.
    Absolutely no defensive involvement and we finish last in the league defensively ?
    No passion or sideline inspiration, as if he weren’t replacing the 2 coaches fired for similar motivation abilities?

Rex literally transformed an uninspired Mangini team into best defense in league, and two playoff wins with a rookie QB in his first year.
    Saleh with JD has done almost the opposite.

#15 BacktoQueens, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    westiedog1, Jets81, boozer32 and 3 others like this.
  16. JackBower

They literally showed him challenging the Oline today. They showed him coaching up Echols like 3 minutes into the game.

They also have shown him animated countless times in the sideline. I imagine you just want to see him tear into someone on the sideline.

Your first point is valid, your second is just false

FJF, rickjet, MoWilkBeast and 2 others like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I give him a B-. Again, considering all the things that went wrong, for his first year he did well considering. He kept the team together and motivated, and they didn't quit. That's a big part of a HC's job. He made mistakes of course, but what rookie doesn't? I certainly feel much better with Saleh as HC than Gase.

Acad23 and BudJet like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I posted this in the other thread but can the fucking guy get his housing situation figured out? Bought a $2.9 million property and is suing his contractor over material money.

It’s not anyones fault but for fucks sake. Is there anything more Jets than their head coach living out of a rental for 12 months because of a situation like that?

That affects one’s psyche.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

C. Not sure how many if any of the coaches in the league could have won with this team, but defense is supposed to be Saleh's specialty, and I didn't see him do anything special there (not that he was even calling the plays). This season was almost a wash for him.

20. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

C, got a woefully out-manned team to still play for him late and I'm glad he didn't get too hands on with the D after seeing the Gase and Rex who basically were glorified coordinators at times. That said, for a defensive guru, he has to own the 32 ranking.