Mike LaFleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 3, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure be was treating him as a pro bowl QB though. Just my opinion.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Here we go again.. The Jets are gonna get blown out because..... They can't play in the snow, They have guys missing, They're up against a far superior team., yadi yadi yada. The reality is, you're really saying the Jets simply shouldn't show up at all.. You and Bickety have already lined up several excuses for the loss BEFORE the team even takes the field. Fans like You and Bickety have made it easy for the Jets to lose annually. No expectations usually yields no results.

The Jets showed last week against the Champs that they can play with anybody. Now they need to show they can play anybody, ANYWHERE no matter what the conditions are. You want them to improve? you might want to stop treating them like they have some incurable handicap for losing.

The only way the Jets get better is by playing better teams as best they can. Again, they took the SB Champs to the limit last week. They should be competitive in Buffalo... In the snow... In winter... Outside.. Against better defenses.. etc..

Then again, HOMERS already have them losing the game in a blowout because............................

barfolomew likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I didn't say that they were going to get blown out or can't play in the snow. Those are YOUR words, and your projection of your own fears.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying that expectations should be tempered. That's what most rational football fans would do, but you do you. I think we both want and have the same expectations that they continue to improve and play well. The difference is semantics, in the words we're using. What I was talking about was the haters, who if the Jets don't play well, will go right back to screaming that JD should be fired, that Zach is a bust, etc. ad nauseam.

#63 NCJetsfan, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    barfolomew, Borat and bicketybam like this.
  4. bicketybam

My take has NOTHING do to with being a homer. It's just reality. Kill me if I don't expect them to win. No one does and Vegas expects them to lose by more than 17 points. Why is that?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Cman68

No fear here. I expect the Jets to show up and play. You expect the Jets to fold like a cheap lawn chair. My expectation is the Jets make a game of it. Looks like I got more faith in the Jets than you and Bickety combined. The Jets losing another game in a blowout would do nothing to change my Sunday as I'm used to it. The Jets showing up like they did last Sunday would be a fantastic way to look at '22 and beyond.

I don't make excuses for the Jets. I don't make excuses for results that don't go the way I intended in my life either as I am results oriented. I can bet you the CS isn't planning on taking Sunday off because the Bills are soooo much better than the Jets. At least I hope not.

Time to aim higher when it comes to the Jets. Enough with the excuse making. They get paid to play football for 17games and Sunday is game 17. A lot of guys are playing for their roster spots so it would be a good idea if they played like their careers depend on it.. Because in a lot of cases, it does..

#65 Cman68, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Ralebird likes this.
  6. bicketybam

I don't think anyone said the Jets were going to mail it in. The only thing I saw was that some don't expect them to win (as anybody with a bearing heart beat would agree to.)

I'd say the Jets and Wilson, on the road, will put up a better fight that the White Knight did when he shit himself all over MetLife stadium. I may be wrong but I think we will make it a game until late in the 3rd quarter. But hey, you never know. Can someone look up the historical odds of a 17 point road underdog actually winning? I'm truly curious.

Borat, NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  7. Cman68

Once again, I don't expect them to win, but I do expect them to give Buffalo a game. If they showed up against the Super Bowl Champs and then mail it in against the Bills, this CS deserves the heat it certainly will get.

cval likes this.
  8. bicketybam

I think they will play hard for Saleh. That's the biggest thing he's got going for him. I truly believe the players like and believe in him. That said, I think a decent amount of the current roster knows they won't be here next year. Hopefully this guy's play hard to show their ability to their next team.

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

No, I don't expect them to fold like a cheap lawn chair, thank you very much. Again, you're the one who is talking blowout. The thought never even crossed my mind that they would get blown out, so once again, I ask you kindly to quit twisting my words/putting words in my mouth.

Yes, a lot of guys are playing for their roster spots. They should be busting their asses anyway, but especially under the conditions. I'm not aiming any lower than you. If you'll recall, I've never been one to just settle for a team that sneaks into the playoffs, and hope they can get hot and go on a run. I want a team that wins the division, goes into the playoffs as a heavy SB favorite. I've never been one to settle for second rate or second best.

The problem is that you, and some others call facts and valid reasons "excuses" and that's just BS.

10. NCJetsfan

This is no different than how I think about the game.

Cman68 and bicketybam like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Eh that’s kind of unfair. We played Tampa at home and they were missing their entire pass rush, RB1, lost their RB2, without WR2, and lost WR3 midgame. Playing in Buffalo is a beast and its own right, playing them at full strength is even worse.

FJF likes this.
  12. bicketybam

Excuses excuses!

Imagesrdecieving and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. bicketybam

I think they will play hard. A lot of these guys have a lot to prove. Whether they are just simply overmatched is the real question. I don't think anyone can question the talent disparity. If that's making excuses, then so be it. I see it as calling a spade a spade.

Borat, NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Was there any discussion on who called that shit QB keeper up the gut on 4th and 2

15. Cman68

"To be the best, you have to beat the best".. That's how you get better by improving against superior opponents. Fair? This is the NFL and nothing in it is fair. You play the team you're assigned to play no matter what the situation is and you're expected to show up and leave it on the field win/lose or draw. So we played a tight game at home against the SB Champs and now that's a reason not to expect much this week? Not buying into that.

If the Jets play a tight game against Buffalo and lose? That's showing improvement given the talent gap. If the Jets don't show up? Then you're gonna put that on Buffalo being the better team? That's a built in excuse for losing. I hope to God this CS gets thru to these guys that they do belong on the same field as the Bills. Even though Tampa may have been missing guys, the Jets were missing guys too and still almost won the game. Tampa's subs are better than ours however, last Sunday proved our subs don't suck as badly as we're led to believe.

The challenge here is more on the CS than the team itself as given last week's fck up, they're gonna have to be much more thorough. I think the Jet D will get lit up and give up points. I also think if LeFleur is the OC savant we hope he is, he gets creative enough on offense (No 7 step drops please!!!) for the team to put up a decent amount of points.

If the Jets hang with the Bills for 3 out of the 4 qtrs, I'm good. If the Jets pull a no-show, that's an entirely different conversation.

16. Cman68

Your excuses for losing badly is what is called BS. Every team in the league has issues but only the Jet Fans make it a rally cry. No other team feels sorry for the Jets nor should they. Jets fans would be wise to stop feeling sorry for the Jets too.

The Jets need more wins than excuses. Its about showing improvement, not excusing ineptitude. They have a chance to make a statement in Buffalo on Sunday like they did last Sunday against the GOAT. Good teams don't make excuses why they lost. To paraphrase: "There's no whining in Football".

17. NCJetsfan

Whatever. I've never given a reason for them losing badly. If you'll recall I was up in arms about MLF early in the season and haven't been happy with Saleh at all. I don't feel sorry for the Jets. Never have, never will.

It's funny, however, for a guy who is no longer emotionally invested in the Jets and prefers to go fishing or grill out, you suddenly seem very emotionally invested and frustrated.

18. bicketybam

This is really a no lose situation for you :D Well played, Sir. Well played!

19. Cman68

I don't know where you got your psychology degree, but I would probably take up some other career path if it were me. Oh yeah, Fant was just placed on IR so, You guys now have all the excuses you need baked in for a Bills blowout.

Maybe Saleh and Co. should just forfeit and be done. Think of the airfare and costs Woody could save by not flying to Buffalo on Saturday.

20. NCJetsfan

Again, you're the only one talking about a blowout.