Jets suck. Who's "your team" for the rest of the season??

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jedi mind tricks, Dec 13, 2021.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WHO DAT?!?..... until the post above me happens ;)

actually always had a softspot for Green Bay, publically owned well run franchise

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I guess I'm rooting for the Rams. Have to admire their strategy of going all in and not worrying about the upcoming bill to pay.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm starting to think that the blueprint for rebuilding a team is kind of there for the dumb teams that can never get it right to look like they are trying.

The smart, innovative teams usually don't follow that cookie cutter approach.

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I actually feel the opposite of their approach. Get a bunch of over-priced veterans who only have a big name and just throw a patched up roster together without regard for team chemistry, sound scouting, whether it’s smart for the salary cap, etc. I hope they lose in the first round. I appreciate teams that win because of sound drafting, great scouting, a unified organization, and smart decisions (colts, chargers, bills, chiefs, packers, etc). I dislike franchises who do none of those things and instead try to make up for it with impulsive and irresponsible signings and trades.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think I am going to go with North Melbourne for a change of pace. They probably have a better chance of winning a cup than the Jets do.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The Colts are providing some compelling as shit material both in general and for the in-season Hard Knocks.

RochesterJet likes this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

If the Giants were competitive I would watch them but without the Jets (or Giants) I don't watch the playoffs at all, unless I happen to be channel surfing and come across a good game. Besides the lack of interest I have in other teams, I like to imagine other Jet fans (and Giant fans too) also exhibiting a lack of interest. This would theoretically translate to a large number of eyes not watching NFL sponsors ads and commercials throughout the playoffs and Super Bowl. With ratings down, it might spur the "lords" of the NFL to intervene to figure out how to make the Jets (force Woody to sell?) and Giants more competitive. Just a fantasy of mine.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Except that overall NFL viewership is up this year, especially for special games. Thanksgiving broke 23 year records and Christmas viewing was also strong. All these things point to the playoffs being very successful for the NFL and the networks.

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if that popularity is because of the game or fantasy football. In the past, I never watched the games on Thanksgiving because our traditional family hosts weren't interested, so the games were not on TV in their homes. That changed last year when we had TG at my son's home in CA. Growing up, my son never played much football except maybe for some touch in HS or college. However, he and my daughter-in-law are really into fantasy football. As a result, the games were on the TV in the background all day long.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sports gambling being legalized across a ton of states has also helped. The degenerates were always going to find a way, but the casual fan (I know several) has found their way into playing $10-$20 a game here and there.

westiedog1 likes this.
  12. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Gotta root for Madden’s team.

Hope they win one for John.

13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Sorry, I am rooting for the Pats and Bucs at this point for sure. I hope you understand.

But my underdog side would like to see the Bengals win the big one from the AFC. They have suffered almost as much as the Jets.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I will be rooting for the Niners from the NFC (even though with Jimmy G I think they have next to no chance to progress) and the Bengals for the AFC (though I also wouldn't mind the Bills winning as it must have been awful to be a fan of theirs after losing so many superbowls back in the day)

cval and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  15. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for some team to definitively show up. I think it will be the Titans if Henry is at full strength, but every team has been kind of half assed all year. I still can't believe the Colts lost to the Jags the way they did (only scored 3 points or some tiny number like that).
    Ron

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Same. I hope they win, the standards they held themselves to could be a lesson for certain teams in big markets that don't....

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's stupid, a very "buffalo" answer.

Rams best players are Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald by the way. Both scouted and drafted by the Rams organization

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

But he is talking about OBJ and Von Miller and I think truth lies somewhere between.

Regardless. My team is Rams as well. On the NFC I will root for Titans. Once they are eliminated I might switch to Raiders if they are still alive.

19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Picking out 2 individual players when my post was about a philosophy and approach is a very New Jersey way of showing a lack of intelligence.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I like Josh Allen and of course I’m rooting for the patriots to lose, but how great would it be if it plays out that he just really sucks in cold weather games?