Did Zach Wilson.....?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Your grade for Zach as of Week 14

1. Met my expectations

16.5%
  2. Didn't meet my expactations

83.5%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Lawrence still has a bright future. Yesterday was rock fight, a borderline preseason game. Two shitty teams with backup coaches and backup players. Its a mistake to judge it like the "Wilson v. Lawrence: The big game" as both teams will look very different next year.

Lawrence is in the wrong system. Jags need to be careful about who they hire but yesterday didn't mean anything for his future

Acad23 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

Yes, Lawrence was in way worse of a situation. It was a circus all year down there.I thought he would crack by now.

I admire him for standing strong as a leader despite all that went wrong. And I hate Clemson and hated him in college

3. BrowningNagle

Wilson had a worse game in Houston actually in a similar circumstance (on the road vs. a terrible team) Couldn't complete anything. Threw a ball off his receivers back that got intercepted. Lucked his way into 21 points because the TD 2 drives were extended by gift penalties. He didn't get annihilated for it because the Jets won.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

which site were you visiting and which social media platform were you on where you didn’t see criticism of Zach after the Texans game?

And I’m not saying any criticism was wrong by any means, Zach deserves a lot of criticism for a lot of things this season but there’s also very obvious progression and improvements in certain areas.

cval and bicketybam like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

Zach’s number one receiver yesterday was the Jaguars number four receiver last year. I don’t even really care to get into the discussion about who has it worse because both of them have it pretty bad but like I said when someone is hailed as a generational talent and the next Andrew Luck, you expect them to be able to do more than throw one touchdown in eight games and look more than average against the worst defense in the league missing half their starters.

cval likes this.
  6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Lawrence has 2 fumbles, one of which was awful and borderline clown show.

The only stat he beat Wilson in was passing yards, on 17ish more attempts.

With both teams jogging out PS players, Lawrence was the only one who had an experienced receiveyd in Marvin Jones.

Zach had 0 turnovers, 91 yards rushing, a 50 yard rushing TD, and won.

But yes, of course Lawrence played better. How biased of us to think otherwise. How biased of us to say Wilson played an OK game. We're such homers here.

#486 JackBower, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    cval likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Cole was their number two receiver in yards, receptions and tied for the team lead in receiving touchdowns.

I agree. Lawrence should’ve shown more this year, but his situation is horrid.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

tlaw actually had amuch better WR group then us. we had berrios, cole, and mims starting. our 4,5, and 6 WRs. they had jones, austin, and treadwell their 1,3, and 4 starting. They were only missing shanualt who was a 2020 2nd round pick like mims who only has less then 600 yards this year and 0 TDs. their Wrs may not be great but they have experiance. jones obviously you pointed out, but austin and treadwell are both former 1st round WRs and austin has had a solid career as a gadget WR and treadwell has been a bust but has plenty of experience and they signed him to upgrade cole as a WR4 who was our WR2 yesterday

JackBower likes this.
  9. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Both WR corps that played yesterday are horrid. One or two NFL players within each WR group that played yesterday.

Not one player worth starting in any decent team.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Trevor had a decent game actually - but he was fortunate on one of the fumbles where offense recovered in the end zone, and frankly on the other one too, which defender nearly ran in for a TD but bubbled initial recovery and was caught. That's a lot of points he could have costed his team. But he is a rookie, and I think he will learn to hold the ball with two hands. He also did not benefit from the drops - much like what Zach has been dealing with. However, one big difference I noticed is that he pretty much had all day to throw. Our OLine didn't give Zach much time at all, while TL was standing there like he was still in Clemson with all the time in the world. And that makes a huge difference. Trevor also had a hard time finding end zone, while Zach scored twice.

Overall, I think both of these guys are ballers. But round one goes to Zach. Granted it was a pretty meaningless round one, but Zach played better yesterday than Trevor.

NCJetsfan, cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Lawrence is in as bad a situation - maybe worse, since his HC was fired - as Zach. Even yesterday, he displayed the tools that made him the consensus #1 pick. Barring significant injury, he'll become a very good, if not outstanding, QB. And because of his hype going back to H.S., and then of course at Clemson, he's going to get every chance and then some to achieve his potential.

Contrast that with Zach Wilson, who has been doubted from the beginning, even in H.S., almost deciding to go out of state to play college ball because Utah didn't want him, and of course all the doubters since then. And yet, he's proven those doubters wrong at every turn.

Of course every fan has the right to doubt, and Jets fans perhaps have more right than any given all the broken promises and dreams over the years. But what's really annoying is supposed Jets fans who cross the lone from honest doubt to rooting against him. It's like they have more of a vested interest in seeing him fail so that they can say "See? I told you so!"

Yesterday, Zach provided evidence - if you care to see it - why I thought he was the better choice for the Jets. He still hasn't delivered that break out game that would silence most doubters, but he's continuing to make progress. Based on their records and performances so far, I'd say he's doing what Lawrence hasn't been able to do.

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Almost every QB we've played has thrown a touchdown pass against our sorry defense. I'm pretty shocked that Lawrence wasn't able to get one. He had one guy wide open in the end zone and way overthrew it.

#492 bicketybam, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why its so important to determine which QB is better from yesterdays crapfest. Neither QB looked like a FQB for various reasons - some of it out of their control. Both teams should be concerned about their futures.

14. JackBower

The Wilson haters went in that direction. It's a forum, so people are going to respond to that.

Wilson had an ok game.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

which areas ?

16. BroadwayAaron

Accuracy a million times over. Pocket awareness has gotten better, he’s seeing the field much better, he’s making the right decisions… but he’s gotta put it all together still.

17. JackBower

Some of same guys who were saying Mims was getting screwed are had great potential are the same guys who want to bury Wilson for not being perfect.

The jets have really ruined some people mentally

cval likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

I disagree. He looks like the same guy today as he did week 1. He never had issues seeing the field

19. BroadwayAaron

Come on. You’re far better than this.

apjbfc and bicketybam like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Now there's an interesting take...

Not sure what you're seeing.

bicketybam likes this.