Did Zach Wilson.....?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Your grade for Zach as of Week 14

1. Met my expectations

16.5%
  2. Didn't meet my expactations

83.5%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You are fighting a losing battle with a guy that just argues for the sake of arguing. Don't waste your time. Seriously.

#401 bicketybam, Dec 22, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Where's that sea lion cartoon when you need it...

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Seriously? You put up a link to his most recent postgame press conference with the message "watch this" but you appear to have not watched it yourself. Nobody suggested you go back to every press conference he ever had because we're only talking about the most recent one when he said that he wasn't worried about his responsibility for the team's poor production. Your unsubstantiated claim that the question was redundant is just plain false

I'm sure that a guy like you who is so positive that he's right would have absolutely no problem supporting his claims rather than be taken as just another guy making up shit. Pretty much how you've repeatedly made claims that I'm somehow constantly going after Wilson but you are also unable to support those claims. Now you expect me to show where I praised him? I never claimed to have done anything of the sort so why would I dig up a quote for you when you won't even take the effort to prove you're not lying with your "massive hardon" bullshit.

The guy is a professional athlete who is supposed to be accountable for his actions. That includes responding to questions he may not want to. Why do you want to coddle the guy so much? Do you think that dodging the tough questions will make him a better player?

You don't even need to answer any of my questions - just support the statements you make yourself or admit it's all bullshit.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

What did I tell you?

5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

He didn't play the Bills yet...only Miami once, NE for 1 + 1/4 games. No Colts. So No he hasn't played the hardest SOS pass defense.

Actually Mike White played that with NE, Bengals, Colts, and then Bills, and then Flacco played Miami.

LOL. The excuses they make for this kid is unfathomable to listen to. He hasn't even played our full division yet.

6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

And I think that what he said is the truth for him. It seemed dismissive but I genuinely think he doesn't care about going out every week and trying to "out do" the other guys that have started games for us this year, which was how the question was framed. I think he's focused on executing the game-plan to the best of his ability every week. He said "I've gotta throw better balls", "I've gotta be more accurate", "I've gotta get the ball out of my hands", or something else to that effect multiple times in that press conference so he is accepting responsibility for what he can control, which is all I can expect from him.

Wilson was very specific on the play where he fumbled, it was a long-developing play to Braxton who was running a wheel, if the line holds for another couple of seconds, that might've been a touchdown. What did you want him to say there? "Well, if Connor didn't get beat like he stole something, we might have had another TD there". Instead he, after walking everyone through the play, just said, "it's just one of those things that's kinda part of the game". Showing maturity and leadership by not throwing his LT under the bus.

This is where we'll just have to agree to disagree. Would I prefer if Wilson went out and threw for 300+ & 3 TD's like Brady/Mahomes/Rodgers/etc. every week? Absolutely, but at this point I just want to win and I think that was Zach's point. You think the Saints are upset that they beat the Bucs 9-0 last week? Of course not. You only get 17 shots at a win each season and each game plan is going to be different based on your opponent.

To answer your final questions, I absolutely think he bears some responsibility for how the offense is performing, as does the rest of the offense. I can't really give you a number or a % if that's what you're looking for. I also think he should be concerned on what he can control, like throwing better balls, being more accurate, getting the ball out of his hands quicker, etc. and based on his responses in this and previous pressers, I think he's fully aware of that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

We have no idea if they factored in games he played or didn't play.

REVISion likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Agree, he's had it pretty easy. Denver is probably the best defense Wilson has had to face and he threw 2 picks & got shut out

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Eagles defense is legit. Panthers secondary is top tier and their front 7 are good as well. Patriots defense against a rookie. And nevermind the defense that just blanked Tom Brady…

You sure as hell can’t blame the opposing defenses for all of Zach’s struggles but let’s not pretend like he’s getting a cake schedule.

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

That graph shows the Panthers, Patriots, Titans, Saints, and Dolphins as having better pass D's than the Broncos. Bengals as well but Zach didn't play that game.

So of the 9 full games Zach has played, he's faced one of the best pass D's 6 times. I wouldn't say that's super easy.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm not looking for anything too specific but if he's not worried about his part in the failures of the offense that is troubling. And that's basically what he said. I also don't care what the Saints think about their encounter with the Bucs or what anyone else did last week - there's plenty to be concerned about right here, especially for the leader of the offense.

12. BrowningNagle

Their stats are likely aided by getting to face Zach Wilson though. The Patriots pass D is good but the others on that list - eh

13. BrowningNagle

Well its the NFL right? not the Conference USA anymore or whatever place BYU plays in. There are no cupcakes but he has faced an average NFL schedule and he got to sit out some of the toughest games (Colts, Bills, Bengals)

14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I guess I just interpreted his response differently than you did based on how the question was framed. I do think he's concerned about his part in the offense's failures, which is why he keeps saying, "I've gotta do XYZ better". He's focused on fixing what he can control.

15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

That's fair but that's also just 1 game out of 14 for each of those teams. Surely 1 game wouldn't skew those numbers too drastically one way or the other.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well you just said he had it pretty easy. My point is thats not true. And then I pointed out the above average defenses he had to play. No doubt it would look worse if he had to play against the Bills, he would have done just as terribly as Mike White did. But I don't think the Bengals game would have been that much of a struggle... they have the 7th worst pass defense in the league.

Either way, you can definitely point to the schedule as a reason for Zach's struggles but it's not even in the top 3 reasons.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

This article said that PFF said that Wilson has played the hardest schedule of any QB in the entire league this year.

https://thejetpress.com/posts/zach-wilson-ny-jets-difficult-schedule

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not to mention that the AFC East teams have played Sam Darnold/Cam Newton, Tua/Brissett, Mac Jones (226 YPG), Wilson & friends, Taysom Hill/Jameis/Semien, Tyrod/Davis Mills, Lawrence and then to a slightly better but low number producers - Tannehill & Wentz.

They’re good defenses but it wasn’t exactly murderers row of quarterbacks that they’ve held in check.

19. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Come on. He hasn't played Rams, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Chiefs, Colts, NE x 2, Miami x 2, Bills at all....LOL. Stop it justifying his struggles. He was not worth a #2 pick.

Davis Mills is playing better than him statistically. He had 3 TD with 0 Ints against the Pats. after a rough game with 4 INTs against the Bills all early in the season. Come on guys.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  20. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

From Mark to Geno to Sam to Zach Zach has looked the worst at this stage.

Bellys Lies and BrooklynJetsFan like this.