Did Zach Wilson.....?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Your grade for Zach as of Week 14

1. Met my expectations

16.5%
  2. Didn't meet my expactations

83.5%
  1. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am sure you missed t
    Did you watch the first half? Fields moved the offense down field into Minnesota Territory 3 times, missed FG, and 2 TOs including the Fields fault of his own losing the football in an sweep/ end running which could have turned to a big gain but was swiped. He has not looked too bad as you say he is. Yeah his passes are off like ZW and TL. At least Fields has another weapon running the football and moved the chains.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I can't believe we're still arguing which of two trash QB's are better.

During the draft season the arguers hadn't seen the goddawful disasters that have taken place on the field this season.

The only excuse now is willful blindness.

Centiment and REVISion like this.
  3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I watched the entire game. The Bears offense scored 3 points until the last play of the game. 3 points. He took at least two 15 yard sacks as he ran backwards. He leads one of the league's worst offenses.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…I wanted no part of Fields because really two reasons

first, I thought he had all day to throw to wide open receivers atOhio State, who played a lot of teams that didn’t stack up to them

second, Ohio State has never produced a quality NFL QB

and at least so far, I’ve seen nothing out of him to indicate my gut was wrong

That being said, I had a lot of reservations over drafting a BYU QB who also lit up a cupcake schedule in a COVID year…yes he has arm strength, but so did Jeff George…it takes way more to succeed as a QB. And sad to say, like with Fields, to date I’ve seen nothing out of him to indicate that he’s a franchise QB.

both guys are saddled on horrible teams with bad OL’s and questionable weapons, but at least with the Jets, both the OL and weapons have improved from earlier in the year, while I’m struggling to see really significant improvement in Wilson. A few throws here and there…two games with no picks…ok…there is something to be said there. But he’s still throwing for mid 50% completion and 170 yards. Not nearly good enough. Not by a mile.

5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Watched the whole game as painful as it was, he was horrible, except in garbage time. He has terrible receiving corps. Cousins was bad too! When Fields sees things as he expects he was pretty good, otherwise not. Typical for not ready rookie. The talent is obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legler82 and ouchy like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd have a problem with "with a quarterback who is not concerned about his lack of productivity", but that's not Wilson, at all. And if you didn't have such a massive hard on against him, you'd realize that nothing could be further from truth.

Borat likes this.
  7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

so you’re proud to have ZW leading an offense who is ranked among the worst Rated QBs? I don’t know you’re citing just to make you feel better that Fields is worst than ZW where I’m just capturing that Fields sucks or not led the offense into Minny territory 4 times. So that makes him worst than ZW. Tough to compare. Yeah 3 points sucks but Beats did have some opportunities where a missed FG and a fumble by a RB deep in territory. I am ZW supporter and feel he needs another year or 2 before we dump the kid and Fields is in the same boat.

PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Video really highlights some of the inept play calling by LaFloor... as well as the trash talent we have at LG, WR & TE.
    They're putting too much on Zach's shoulders without giving him any help whatsoever.

Maybe that's why he isn't concerned with how much yardage he he's getting... he's just trying to stay alive.

KY Jets Fan, Borat, dmw and 2 others like this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Yardage and touchdowns will come when he has playmakers; right now this offense has limited playmaking ability, especially with Davis and Moore on IR.

The entire offense has stunk out side of the first halves of games, garbage time against Indy, and the Tennessee and Bengals games.

Right now we should be focusing on if Zach does the things that are within his control correctly. Is his throwing the ball accurately? Is he making the right decisions? How is his footwork? I'd say he looks like a traditional rookie QB, a big fat inconsistent. We've seen improvements in his accuracy, decision making, and decisiveness.

10. bicketybam

You're the one who keeps mentioning Wilson. All I am saying is that Fields didn't look good last night and all year he's had trouble scoring points. He turns over the ball a lot as well.

11. ColoradoContrails

As usual JT does a great job breaking down the action. And this is as fair an assessment as you could get. Yes, Zach makes some mistakes, particularly he needs to get much better at recognizing things so that he can counter them, but that will hopefully improve with time - I think he has actually improved since the beginning of the year, so there's hope. But the obstacles that he has to overcome: poor OL play, poor play design, poor play by the receivers are enough to really have him lose confidence and that in turn causes him to rush/panic and make bad decisions. I really don't see how any QB could do well in these conditions.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Does he dirt 5 yard passes?

abyzmul likes this.
  13. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

There were bad throws for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yeah, that video was very revealing. The Jets future looks...dark.

15. bicketybam

And then there were those plays were he just ran backwards and took 15 yard sacks.

One thing that bothers me is that he always has this look in his eyes. It's like someone just asked him to solve a quantum physics equation.

#375 bicketybam, Dec 21, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No his thing is waiting for Godot to get open.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why don't you - because you're the one who made the bogus claim?

Why even attempt to discuss a topic if you're not willing to be honest in what you write? Are you satisfied to simply have people who don't know any better believe what you post?

#377 Ralebird, Dec 21, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  18. Ralebird

That's exactly what Wilson said himself. All it takes is the ability to understand what he said, not "have a massive hardon" for anything. That's just nonsense you made up because you're running out of ways to defend the guy's poor performance.

19. ColoradoContrails

No, he didn't answer the question because it was redundant. He's shouldered the responsibility for the offense floundering in every game he's played. The question was meant to create clickbait and deserved to be ignored.

As for making up nonsense, I'll leave that to you since you're so good at it.

20. Ralebird

The bolded is your opinion; it is not a fact. I have now listened to the press conference at least three times and no one asked Wilson about his own responsibility in making the offense more productive; there is no redundancy. Certainly a reasonable inquiry of the guy charged with being the leader of the offense. What is nonsense is the idea that some questions are too sensitive to ask a professional athlete about how well he does his job. And also that you continue to make things up like I have a massive anything against Wilson - just deal with facts.

What is fact is that Wilson responded "I don't worry about any of that stuff" when asked about his part in the offense not producing enough to win games. I say it was a legitimate question because I want to know the answer and do not believe I am alone in that. I think any real fan of the team would like to know the answer rather than just hearing seven different ways of repeating "I have to do a better job at whatever." That appears to be the company line for everyone asked why the team continues to lose badly.