Did Zach Wilson.....?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Your grade for Zach as of Week 14

1. Met my expectations

16.5%
  2. Didn't meet my expactations

83.5%
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I looked at every pass, and really, I haven't seen too many poor passes. There was one where he almost had INT throwing behind a guy, and maybe a couple of more, but largely, I don't know what else he could have done really. A lot of misses were thrown away because he had no where to go, some were where only his receiver could get it. Not sure there were many plays where he could have done better, maybe 3 total?

#321 Borat, Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    Sack exchange, Noam and KY Jets Fan like this.
  2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

gents, I get that he is getting better but 54 yards in the second half. Come on, since he has returned in Week 12, IMHO the offense has regressed, i.e., the Jets offense has averaged just 18 points and 257.75 yards over the past four games with Wilson under center. They haven’t cracked 300 offensive yards and have only scored more than 20 points once during that stretch.

I am not as optimistic about him as some of you are...

Ralebird, HomeoftheJets and Jets79 like this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The INTs and boneheaded plays are down. Unfortunately with no one with separation and being pressured all the time with OLine failing, it's pretty hard to get yards, especially for a rookie. Did you watch all his throws in second half? Where was he supposed to go and didn't? There just weren't many options. Thankfully he didn't get killed.

bicketybam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I get it, but doesn't change my mind about him. I found this on another sight... Presented without comment. Check out the spreadsheet...

Last week I shared rookie QB stats through 9 games in one of the Zach threads. I updated it through yesterday's games. 38 QBs who have started at least 10 games as rookies -- I included Fields who has only started 9 games, since his 10th will come tonight. Zach's ranks:

• Completion %: 28th
    • TD % 35th
    • Int % 25th
    • QB Rating: 31st
    • Yards per Attempt: 29th
    Other guys in bottom 10 (by QB rating) with Zach: Rosen, Darnold, Geno, Allen, Gabbert, Clausen, Sanchez, Stafford, Kizer. Link to google spreadsheet with stats for all 38 QBs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RwxXszOnkUA5tQUlXAthLWJ-9fMnSlg7mmabB0zHczc/edit?usp=sharing

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

People who think Zach Wilson is making progress must be blown away by Davis Mills development.

BrowningNagle, Metstrife and stinkyB like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Fair points, but I am still not sure what Zach could have done yesterday to improve these stats. He had no chance. Yes, I think there were about 2-3 passes he could have thrown better. Other than that you can put any QB in there, I am not sure they would have done better.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

One small step for Zach.... one smaller step for Jetfankind....

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Zach wasn't the reason the Jets lost. It's a very low bar to clear, but he cleared it.

Thought he was decent in the first half, assured, confident and accurate for the most part. Probably the best he's looked given he had very little help. In the second half he was more like the Zach we've seen. But very little help became non existent and he looked like he was getting a bit frustrated and forcing things.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Did you watch the youtube video on the throws I posted?

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t post for me…it just shows up as a black screen that is locked out

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

you have to click watch on Youtube

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

On what planet has he not faced the music when it's being played? Every single postgame presser he's had to do after a shit game, he's owned up to playing like shit. The Daily News hack tried to lay a bear trap and Zach spotted it, now him and all his media allies are pretending like Zach somehow dodged a question. He didn't, he's answered it multiple times. There are so many legit criticisms of Wilson... him not being accountable doesn't even come close to making the list.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Zach Wilson haters will find any little bit they can and use it to make him look bad. It's getting to the point where it's not even worth having a discussion about it.

bicketybam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Is DJ turning into Manish? I had high hopes for him when he was hired.

15. NYJFOREVER

DJ is trash, just like the rest of the Jets beat. The dude is a Dolphins fan, it's impossible for him to give an unbiased and objective opinion.

16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

So we have four in the bottom 10? Boy, we sure know how to pick ’em.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He looked the part of a quality beat reporter in the early days, even made an appearance on @PennyandtheJets show. Now, I guess he's just like his predecessor.

Oddly enough, Cimini is who I find to be the least biased. I know he can be snarky in his articles, but when the team has one winning season since 2010, can you blame him?

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

I think that stat is far more of an indictment on this organizations ability to fully support their QBs over the last 10-15 years.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He's off and on. Sometimes I enjoy his honesty because it brings the fanbase back down to earth but sometimes he just says stupid shit. Yesterday's presser was the pinnacle.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Every beat writer that works for NYDN ends up being an aggressive toolbag. That's exactly what they want. At least this time they didn't hide their intentions and just went out and hired a Dolphins fan.