Did Zach Wilson.....?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Your grade for Zach as of Week 14

1. Met my expectations

16.5%
  2. Didn't meet my expactations

83.5%
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How did he take responsibility today? How can he not care about gaining yards? That's the whole premise of the game - if you don't gain yards, you don't score points.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Because the question was loaded and it was bullshit. Not to mention he wasn’t even a top 3 reason we couldn’t move the ball in the second half. Regardless he’s done nothing but own up to his bad play all year, this is a stupid and pointless conversation.

KY Jets Fan, dmw, NYJFOREVER and 3 others like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

4. Ralebird

The question may have been loaded because it needed to be asked. It certainly was not at all bullshit. Wilson has been outperformed by every other guy who played the position for the Jets this year.

If this kid can't face up to legitimate questions from the press he needs to find another line of work and all the guys who want to protect him from the truth are doing him no favors.

Royal Tee, Centiment and jets_fan like this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Exactly. If anything, he's been far too coddled since he's been in New York. We bring in his personal QB coach essentially to babysit him, the OC couldn't do his job from the place he wanted to because he had to be on the sideline to take care of the QB, and he's just handed the starting job from the moment he was drafted despite having no business coming into the league as an unquestioned starter. He should be questioned about his performance because he's been outperformed by just about everyone who has played the position in the NFL this year, including the three JAGs who have played in his place with the Jets (a washed up former Super Bowl winner, a multi-league journeyman, and a practice squad guy who has been cut more times than he's thrown touchdowns).

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. Ralebird

I have no problem with bringing in a guy or ten guys to coach the QB - it's kind of like making sure a race car is tuned up before the races start. And I don't care where the OC does his job, just how well he does it. I'm with you on not handing a guy, especially the QB, a job simply because he's there when nothing I could see showed he was ready for the job. I still haven't seen more than a few spurts of good play before he returns to mediocrity or worse.

Why anyone believes in the year 2021 that professional athletes should only be lobbed softballs by the media escapes me completely.

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’ve been as hard on him as anyone I think…

today he wasn’t terrible…I think once Miami stopped the run in the second half, the OL couldn’t hold up and the receivers couldn’t get enough separation.

but regardless…he was what he’s been…170 yards…only one good half…meh. He didn’t suck out loud…didn’t throw picks, but he also couldn’t move the team.

we put up 17 points on offense…we got two picks including a pick six from our defense, and we couldn’t support with offense in the second half

so I’m still waiting to see that good complete game where he shows that he’s the guy…still haven’t seen it

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's a fair position. I'm waiting to see that guy too. That said, there are lots of reasons beyond Wilson's control that are making that almost impossible. Anyone who dismisses or ignores those reasons aren't being reasonable.

KY Jets Fan, dmw and Noam like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Beyond stupid... and anyone who thinks a rookie quarterback should be carrying this team is dumb.

twown likes this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…so it’s interesting…

his stats today sucked…no two ways about it…170 yards is not gonna cut it

but unlike last week where he threw into the dirt or behind guys as often as not, today felt different. At least he didn’t do that. Today it felt like he really had nowhere to go with the ball. Our OL didn’t play very well, so many free rushers…not all the OL fault but still…protection sucked. Receivers weren’t getting separation…just felt like there wasn’t much there for him.

still…I’m tired of the excuses…fact is that he couldn’t move the ball in the second half.

I think he played better than last week, but he still hasn’t had that game that shows you that yes, he’s the guy. So far, he’s been pretty mediocre and hasn’t shown he can be a franchise guy yet

11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

It was some progress today. ZW handled he blitzes well in the first half an then he didn’t in the 2nd half. Yeah the defense continues to be an issue. There have been some good spots from the offense but as already pointed out it hasn’t been consistent throughout the game. Game is played in 4 quarters. We haven’t shown that.

12. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd break down the Zach Wilson stats vs the other QB's stats but then the blind would run to something else to defend his bad play.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Taking responsibility might be the only thing Wilson does well...get pissed at the head man (Saleh) for his rosy outlook week after week, loss after loss.

Zach Wilson is standing up and taking the heat on and off the field, he seems mature beyond his years. That doesn't win football games of course but just because he performs poorly on the field doesnt mean you should make shit up about him that's not true

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Shhh, that is not supposed to matter.

ColoradoContrails, dmw and Noam like this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I agree, why wasn't Berrios in more. That is Zach favorite receiver. We are playing guys that could not get open against me and Berrios is on the bench?(I will rewatch but is seemed that way).

This team is really missing Moore and Davis Zach is really missing moore and Davis.

I hope Zach continues to grow. Jacksonville should be a team he can play well against.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He didn’t answer the question correctly but it’s also not a big deal. These guys probably answer several hundred media questions a year. He’s likely answered this same question correctly in different forms 100 times already and the fake outrage from dipshits like Bart come when he doesn’t give the perfect answer on the 101st try.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. It’s like these dopes are steadfast on the fact that if Crowder’s active, Berrios can’t play. Short receivers can still run routes from the outside receiver spot. They’re not just going to shit themselves and trip and fall because they’re not in the slot.

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Loved Bart as a player but I think he's a trash analyst.

dmw and Noam like this.
  20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Right now, Berrios is the Jets most effective offensive weapon disregarding returns. So what were his stats yesterday?

Receiving: 1 target, , 1 rec. 26 yds.
    Rushing: 2 att, 10 yds., 1 TD.

That should tell you something about the coaching.