2021 - Week 15: New York Jets at Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2021.
  1. Jets

21.6%
  2. Dolphins

78.4%
  1. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There was a time when the Dolphins couldn't beat the Jets. Joe Robbie Stadium was Jets South. The Jets were pretty mediocre at the time, too.

I find myself yearning for mediocrity at this point.

sozopol, egelband and NY Jets68 like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This defense is just fucking brutal. We aren’t even close to being an NFL caliber defense. Ashtyn Davis needs to play 0 snaps next year and we better find a god damn LB somewhere. The problems run DEEP.

I don’t know what else we could have expected from Wilson honestly. Great first half then just got shut down in the second. WRs with no separation, OL giving him no time. Yea he could have gotten a few out earlier but all that would have done is make his stat line prettier. That was probably the worst OL performance of the year. Felt like watching 2020 all over again.

PJ4Ever, egelband, dmw and 3 others like this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Missed Fant that’s for sure. Had to keep a TE and RB in to block/chip it was so bad. Moore is badly missed too.

papapump, mrjet80 and Royal Tee like this.
  5. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

Jets lost. Jags lost to Texas. And Texas beat the Jets. If The Jets lose to the Jags next week they'll move up to the #2 pick. Next week should be interesting. High Noon w/the top two can't miss picks in last years draft.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets beat the Texans …and I don’t see the Jets losing next week. They’ll finish with 4 wins…

7. abyzmul

Texans lost to the Jets.

barfolomew and Royal Tee like this.
  8. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

My mistake. Cancel me please.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

To all fellow sufferers here worrying about draft positioning, we have clearly demonstrated that draft position is useless unless the right players are picked, for example the 2020 draft:

• No. 11: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
    • No. 59: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
    • No. 68: Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal
    • No. 79: Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida
    • No. 120: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida
    • No. 125: James Morgan, QB, FIU
    • No. 129: Cameron Clark, OL, Charlotte
    • No. 158: Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
    • No. 191: Braden Mann, P, Texas A&M
    The 3rd and last 2 picks are the only ones contributing anything to this team, and in Davis' case, that may be an over statement. Obviously the rebuild took a year off in 2020. The 2021 draft was better, but we are still light years away from being a contending football team, and still have no idea if we have a QB. Seeing Sack Wilson so far, gun to my head - we missed again. But its early, hope I am wrong about that one. Josh Allen sucked his first season too. Have got to bolster the OL and get some more speed players on offense to keep that hideous defense off of the field.

10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty clear at this point that we don't.

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Welp, I decided to take a nap and not watch halftime because I felt like it was greedy to expect two good halves of football.

Wilson also saying postgame he's not worried about points per game and yards per game is pretty interesting to say the least.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Why? If they won today no one would be saying a thing about yards and ppg. Winning is all that matters. And the daily news guy who asked the question started off by basically telling Wilson he stinks. You get what you give. Shitty question, shitty answer.

barfolomew and IDFjet like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

On a positive note, lots of folks scoffed at the Coleman signing and said he’d be riding the pine but as expected, he’s been solid. I’d bring him back next year with Michael Carter being the lead guy.

14. JackBower

True I didn't listen to the Q just the answer.. can't really make a solid opinion on only that

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the Jets have to be the worst drafting team in the NFL (I won't include this year as far to early to tell - even though it doesn't look good) - basically have to go back to 2007 to find a first round pick for the Jets that you would feel entirely happy about
    • Becton - looking likely to be a bust/disappointment
    • Quinnen Williams - kind of hard to tell how good he is when everyone around him is bad but not the difference maker that was promised
    • Darnold - bust
    • Adams - ok player but not worth the #6 pick (still funny to think what the Seahawks gave up for him)
    • Lee - bust
    • Williams - ok player but not worth the #6 pick - nowhere near as good as advertised
    • Pryor - bust
    • Milliner - bust
    • Richardson - ok player but still overall very disappointing
    • Coples - bust
    • Wilkerson - ok player but still hugely disappointing
    • Kyle Wilson - bust
    • Sanchez - bust
    • Gholston - bust
    • Revis - an actual first round calibre talent and performer

16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

When you factor in the number of times we've swung and missed on second rounders, it's even more sad.

REVISion likes this.
  17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yep - I did a post ages ago about our historically bad drafting in the second round and it has not got any better (Moore may yet be a rare exception) - would probably be even worse if we hadn't traded away so many of them moving up to get Darnold

18. abyzmul

The one I'll dispute is Quinnen, I think he's been playing injured all season and still puts out a high level of production. Every other game he's on the injury report for that shoulder. Unfortunately he will probably be having surgery again this season, now for the shoulder which will mean another slow start next season.

The injury stuff is what makes me nervous about him.

19. JackBower

I agree with most, but some just seems to be pessimistic for the sake.

Revis in his first tour was a HOF level player, not just adequate first round production.

Sanchez was apart of the most success this team has had in what 30 years?

Adams was an all pro player and we fleeced a team in giving us two first rounders, one probably top ten.

Richardson was ROY, a pro bowler another year, and a very good player. But yes he was a cancer. He's actually still a pretty productive player in the NFL. Most of the guys above aren't in the league and that's depressing.

Quinnen way more than not impacts a game. He's a great player.

Becton.. yes nobody knows. But if he gets more mature he will be a good player so it's not like he hopeless.

And this year doesn't look good? Half the rookies are starting and many show promise to be good players. Are you putting all the drafting eggs on Wilson?

#99 JackBower, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Minor nitpick, but Revis wasn't a HOF level player until year 3. He showed signs of it in the first 2 years, but 2009 is when he put it all together.

JackBower likes this.