Denzel Mims?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Moore, Mims, Crowder...
    Not sayin it but this treo on the field w/a solid running game can do some work...
    Zach just gotta start seeing the WIDE OPEN guys.

Red Menace, Brook! and RochesterJet like this.
  2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You are too saying' it!

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well, that's not currently happening and as for Mims, the dude got to catch what is thrown his way to garner the sympathy of this board or he is just another failing pick.

Royal Tee and Red Menace like this.
  4. Royal Tee

Is Mims so bad that they started an Injured WR ?? wow.. this team

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I saw him on the field a couple of times in the background. He reminded me in movies when they have actors pretending to play football.

Jonathan_Vilma, FJF and Royal Tee like this.
  6. Royal Tee

They felt so bad for him, they called a BS penalty just to get him on the sheet...lmao

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m sure glad we traded back to get Mims. Dude probably breaks down film better than Parcells. Who needs on-field production?

cval and wewantsapp like this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We have exactly 2 real WRs on this team. Everyone else is just a pretender. They are not getting the seperation people think they are

FJF likes this.
  9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

In video games, Mims would be known as a Non-Player Character (NPC). Don't know what they think of him, since he only gets one or two token throws late in the game, as if to mock him. Maybe the Jets think they could find a hidden gem by playing an injured backup instead. As with the kicking situation, the Front Office is clueless when it comes to player personnel decisions. Their ability to properly evaluate and develop talent seems to be more abominable than the previous incompetent regime.

K'OB likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey, the Jets are young so the FO/CS can't find a kicker... Supply chain issue dontcha know..

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sigh, bust

12. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I’m sure this has all been done before me somewhere in the 48 pages of the Denzel Mims discussion, -- but I decided to do some research on the 2020 NFL Draft trade-down involving Denzel Mims & the impact it has had on our football team.

The New York Jets traded 2nd round (48th overall) to Seattle in exchange for 2nd (59) + 3rd round (101)

Mindful that hindsight is always 20-20, ---- but instead of trading back, - we could have drafted the below at 48.
    - WR Chase Claypool == a TGG favorite leading up to the draft == 37 receptions this year for 608 yards (higher than anyone on NYJ) + 1TD.
    Last year rookie = 62 for 873 + 9 TDs (All of these numbers would have lead NYJ in receiving.
    - CB Trevon Diggs who now leads the entire NFL in interceptions

What is really troublesome about this, - is that at the time, - we didn’t have anyone capable playing either position.

So what did NYJ do w/those picks they received in the trade?
    - For starters, #59 was used on Denzel Mims.
    - #101 = this was a 3rd round pick. We traded this pick to New England for 2 picks in the 4th round (125 + 129) & a 6th rounder in the 2021 draft following year.

BUT - we could have stayed put at 101 & drafted;
    102 Alex Highsmith OLB who went to Pittsburgh & is well opposite TJ Watt. Not a stud, - but certainly better than anyone on our roster. But hey, - what
    does Pittsburgh know about the draft anyhow? They’ve only been playing chess for the past 10 years when NYJ has been playing checkers.
    105 Adam Trautman TE. Trautman 2021 stats == 25 rec + 241 yards & doing much better in his 2nd year. Ryan Griffin? He’s got 23 rec for 194 yards &
    is nowhere near the blocker that Trautman is. And he's costing us $3 million. New Orleans took Trautman - another team that has forgotten more
    about drafting than the NYJ has ever learned.

OK, ---- lets move on. What happened to the 2 4th round picks we got from the Patriots????
    - 125 became James F--king Morgan at QB.
    Sidenote = we could have drafted Gabriel Davis WR now thriving in Buffalo.
    - 129 became Cameron Clark. This pick is an absolute incomplete. I hope his health is well --- but he was hurt as a rookie last year. Complete zero/waste.

Oh hey ---- whatever happened to that 2021 6th round draft pick we got from New England?????
    - It turned into 186 - which became Hamsah Nasirildeen S Florida State who have f—ked up by putting him at LB.
    Draft pick # 226 of that same 6th round became Trey Smith at RG (Greg Van Rotten shitbag’s position, mind you) ---- who was predicated to be an
    absolute animal & has played every snap for KC despite NYJ (and all the other teams) skepticisms regarding health.

We can only hope that Nasirildeen turns into a starter & that we get a 5th round draft pick for Denzel Mims in an offseason trade. THAT is what we are left with, NYJ fans.

And this is what we did..........
    ........with the 48th overall draft pick in 2020.

A top 50 pick.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm sure someone will come up with some crack about hindsight, but this is when it's valuable. That's a solid post.

14. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

picks like this and Zuniga will get JD fired. He has one more year and that would require a good start to stay around imo. Also, Zac (while a rookie) has some major issues.

15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

LOVE this post and especially agree with the comment about Nasirildeen, who could/should have been a nice draft day steal for us. He was a solid tackler and a ball hawk at FSU …even after returning from a significant injury …. and we turned him into an undersized, overmatched LB. WHY?? I’d love to hear the “reasoning” behind this move.

16. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Oh,........and uh,..........Christian Hackenberg was pick #51 in 2016. So we effed up 50 in 2020 + 51 in 2016. Amongst MANY others.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

My man![​IMG]

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think the fact that mims barley gets time and hardly ever thrown to shows exactly what they think of him.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Sure, that TD pass that bounced off his chest in the end zone was totally garbage time, or token as you say.

Oh, Cult of Mims, our Lord shall rise again on Earth as he did in my fantasies.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That was a bad one. Had another bad game as well after that when he got a chance. Last game I thought the penalty call on him was BS though. It appears he will get another chance Sunday, and we will pretty much know for sure if he is a total bust or there is still some hope there.