Defense is sickening

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gregory L Henderson, Dec 5, 2021.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Missing b huff a lot more than we expected to. Pass rush hasn’t been the same since he left. No one else has the speed on the edge. Linebackers are just awful, the can’t diagnose anything , coaching staff is playing every one back in fear of how bad they will get burned otherwise. Basically taking 15 play drives to stop the 3 play drives .
    Bryce Hall is a stud though, so there’s that

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There’s no more winnable games with this defense.

3. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Even the lack of talent, if we had good coaching/system would look a lot more capable. If bellicheat was coach or. dC I can assure you would look better than this dumpster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The Dolphins are awful. This streak they’re on is a mirage.
    That game is also very winnable.

Losmeister likes this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Has anyone mentioned Ashtyn Davis's tackle attempt on the first TD? I realize Goedert is a big body, but Davis bounced off him like a tennis ball.

edit: yeah, JB mentioned this on page 1. Agreed that Davis looks like a September call-up.

#45 twown, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    tomdeb likes this.
  6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Salah as the defensive minded HC, needs to fix this! He needs to be held accountable. Need to show up better, regardless of the talent! DC needs to go! Make a statement with the move Salah. And not like the terrible kicker that was signed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and papapump like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why do Jet fans always try to low rate other teams successes when the Jets are failing in every measurable department on the football field?? The Dolphins are winning. Its no mirage. The Jets are losing. Its no mirage either..

SOJAZ, mattyd99, wewantsapp and 3 others like this.
  8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Not true - the Jags are horrible especially in cold weather. The Saints outside the dome aren’t too much better. I’d actually be surprised if the Jets don’t win those two games - not blowouts mind you. But should be W’s. The other four games aren’t anything to look forward to.

9. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Every week half the fan base says this and they've still managed to win 3 games. two of them against good teams. You just never know. But one thing we DO know is that if the Jets have a shot at a stud player in the draft, they'll win a game or two in order to ensure they don't get him.

SOJAZ, Cman68, cval and 1 other person like this.
  10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I watch just about every snap of every Dolphins game. If Jax and NO are “winnable” games, then the Dolphins game certainly is “winnable” as well. They are NOT a good team. In that sense their winning streak IS a mirage. Our losing however, is not. That’s 100% real.

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If the DLine can't get any pressure on the QB then there is, basically, no defense to speak of. If they can't hold their own in the trenches at the bare minimum the the opposition can march up the field at will and there's very little the DC can do about it, or so it seems. Try to stop the run and big plays result because the secondary can't hold up. Try and bring additional pressure and check downs, screens go for comfortable firsts. The solution seems to be play off, give up yardage and hope that someone, somewhere along the line can make something happen. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Frustrating as it is I'm not sure the alternatives would be better. Its just a bad defense with little talent outside the DL, which is okay but not great.

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Because it makes them feel better about being a Jets fan, its the most moronic thing ever.

13. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

We can get Neville Hewitt for that and save $16 million annually.

BTW —- after the 2022 season is the only time $$$$$ we can get out of this disastrous CJ Mosley contract, right?

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was actually just about to bring Hewitt up. It’s not like he was great but he was better than what we’re trotting out there right now. We didn’t have wide open running games when we had the replacement linebackers in him and Burgess out there.

Jets79 and wewantsapp like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

At some point I think we'll be in for a real treat when they convert Ashtyn Davis to WLB.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You would be surprised if we don't beat the Saints? Are you crazy?

I talked to you last week about how the Eagles would run all over us and they did. You said their OL was banged up and they still managed to get 185 yards on the ground WITHOUT their running quarterback. Kamara + Ingram + Hill are infinitely better than what we just went up against. We are giving up 200 yards at a minimum on Sunday.

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I have to say I'm not sure if there has ever been a team in NFL history that has had their opponents in 3rd and forever and then allowed them to actually convert more time than the Jets have this year. My god a few of them have been brutal to watch. And then there have been 2 or 3 more where they nominally stop them but somehow manage to come up with some penalty to put them over the edge for a conversion.

Probably literally have cost a couple wins on the overall record already.... for whatever that even matters this year.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Do you guys think that was just "announcer talk" or did they really not prepare for Minshew? I have a hard believing anyone from the Jets would outright admit their incompetence.
    (it sure looked like they were unprepared though)

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The quote came directly from Mosley who made it sound like they were shocked Minshew was even an option to play. I listen to some betting podcasts and stuff during the week and on Thursday/Friday the different podcast guys seemed to think there was a pretty decent shot Minshew played.

The Eagles coach was deliberately vague all week but kept saying things like “the body has 48 hours to heal,” and stuff like that.

Either way, it sounds like Mosley threw the staff under the bus. Although I don’t really care because it’s an immense amount of incompetence to not even consider talking through scenarios with your defense if the backup QB plays.

SOJAZ and abyzmul like this.
  20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I can buy the idea that the Eagles have a good first half due to the element of surprise.

The failure to make any necessary adjustments at the half says a lot about our coaching staff and the talent level of our defense.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.