Crowder was a stud sunday. should have had 3 TDs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 1, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

when watching the film I came across all these

[​IMG]
    this is the 1 every has been talking about

[​IMG]
    here is another on 3rd and 9 later in the game

[​IMG]
    and the last one. this is the one where zach scrambles and throws low to griffin in the back of the end zone who couldn't reel it in.

all 3 plays were on 3rd down as well. I really think we should make a run to resign crowder as our WR3 this offseason but I think we won't and will likely just keep cole for another year and draft a late WR to go with davis, mims, berrios, moore and smith.

BacktoQueens, Royal Tee and NoodleArm like this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Liked Crowder in Washington before he came to the Jets. I would love to have him back, he's a solid #3 WR

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was agitated all during the game at how Zach wasn't seeing open receivers.

He's got to calm the fuck down, trust his protection, scan the field... and let it rip.

Brook!, GasedAndConfused and mrjet80 like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

from what I seen on the rewatch he would key in on one WR then bail if it wasn't there and start the scramble drill. he's not progressing fast enough and he's not trusting his protection even when he has a clean pocket. he's accuracy has also been off too

Cman68, Mogriffjr and Acad23 like this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Nothing against Crowder, but in the first two cases it appears that Houston didn't bother having anyone cover him, so I'm not sure that makes him a stud. Again, nothing against him, but the real point is that these were easy touchdowns that the QB apparently completely missed, and that is not a good sign at all.

Brook!, stinkyB, Cman68 and 4 others like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Agreed but it also hard to blame him given how bad this offensive line started the season.

They are much much improved but it's going to take some time for him to trust them again.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good job on the analysis...tu for all the time this took.

Some of these pictures remind me of the writeups after some of Sam Darnold's games. Sam struggled to see/find the open WR too. He still can't. Let's hope the game will slow down enough for Zack so he can start using that golden arm dropping dimes into these wide open WRs 20-30-40 yards down field. This would help propel him to the top of the heap!

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

in the 1st one it was a rub route. great playcall by MF you can see crowders man stuck on the other jet WR at the hash mark near the goal line. I can understand not giving him credit here. it was more the playcall by MF
    in the 2nd one, crowder ran a sluggo and when he faked the slant inside the DB bit then he turned upfield and had a ton of separation while the DB tried to recover

one thing I can say is the more film I watch, the more I really like MF as our OC. he's always scheming things open. our entire inside run game was aided by the jet sweep to the point the D would bite on the sweep fakes and we would gash them inside

FJF likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

sam did it for 3 seasons with us. zach is only 6 games in so I'm not really concerned yet

10. WalterMichaels

WalterMichaels New Member

Saleh actually mentioned that 2nd play in his press conference today. He said Houston it was a great play by Zach because Houston defended it perfectly. My guess is that Crowder was a decoy on that play.

Only the coaches know where the ball is supposed to go.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It has been fun to watch... it seems like he's spreading/placing players to good effect.
    It's not like we have an abundance of talent to work with.

We could use another speed guy or two... that would open things up... oh, and a big possession TE/receiver would be nice as well.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This...

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

I seen that. still he was a live target. He could have been the last progression though
    IDK I feel out skill positions are pretty damn good outside of TE.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The first one was a pre-snap read with 1on1 coverage with EM. There is no possible way he gets back to Crowder. The third one he bailed out of the pocket a little quick. Still say Griffin should have caught that ball but should have been a easy TD to Crowder.

I don't mind Zach being a bit conservative.

15. GasedAndConfused

on the 1st he needs to move off his read when moore slips though and he didn't. he had 2 people wide open for TDs. cole in the middle and crowder on the top.
    on the 3rd one griffin could have caught it but IDK about should have. ball was pretty low and griffin isn't that good

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think Crowder can be a part of the future if Joe Douglas wants him here. He is definitely a solid slot WR and still has a few years left in the tank, in my opinion. He would have put up better numbers here if the team wasn't so pathetic and if he did not play with a broken Sam last year and a rookie QB in Wilson this year.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is what happens when your CS is telling you to play it safe and stop looking for the big play.

18. JetUp55

JetUp55 Member

It's been a long line of failed TEs for a couple decades now. They're trying FA now so maybe that's the approach. Seems the NFL has moved to that offensive scheme since Tony Gonzalez was scoring all those TDs. Jets have tried drafting a few and they just haven't panned out. Would be great to see them get a young bog-bodied, proven commodity who knows how to box someone out after a 6 yard hook.

19. GasedAndConfused

pretty sure a check down out of the backfield is playing safe

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Bolded, He had no time to come back to the other side of the field after the slip.