Guilty

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/ahmaud-arbery-killing-trial-verdict-watch-11-24-21

There is still some life in the American Justice system. Even in the "Old South". Frankly, I'm surprised but the attorneys didn't do their defendants any favors by using obvious dog whistles and racist innuendoes. They even tried the "angry black man" defense trying to say they were afraid for their lives. They cried but I guess that only works once. They did everything they could to whitewash the jury and it still didn't work in their clients favor..

There is hope for this Nation yet...

Br4d, BacktoQueens, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The verdict was mentioned in the Ghislaine Maxwell thread. For Fcks Sake, if these guys weren't convicted, I was gonna hang it up for good. I had a thread about this in the Politics Thread back in the day.

I was watching the trial the other day and the younger McMichaels was so nervous he was licking his lips and almost drooling in the gallery.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Adios Deliverance dirtbags....

barfolomew and papapump like this.
  4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Reason shall prevail!

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mostly White jury gave them life in Prison....well that a switch from the South of 50 years ago lol

The Defense lawyers were like some of the typical homeowners I knew when in lived briefly in NW Georgia...closet racists

papapump, Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Good. Couldn’t imagine it going any other way, but still feels good to see them make the right call in GA

stinkyB, barfolomew and Cman68 like this.
  7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I honestly didn’t watch any of this trial and I assume the jury got it right. But that’s without knowing much at all about the facts. I generally trust juries. They can be nullified or influenced. See the O.J. Trial. But, when Al Sharpton shows up supporting prosecution - twice in the last week - he’s got it 1000% wrong. That’s an appearance in the name of equity and payback, not justice.

So, here’s a message to everyone who looks at a jury verdict and, without knowing more, feels the need to comment on how they think the jury either got it “right” or “wrong” - you’re missing the point, douchebags. The inequity in the justice system isn’t in the jury verdict, it’s in the charging decisions of the D.A. It’s a simple matter of 12 people deciding someone’s guilt vs. one person. I’ll take the twelve every day. I’d venture a guess that 95% of all cases are pleaded out, and almost all because the D.A. stacked charges and gave the defendant - who’s still presumed innocent - a choice between accepting five years for manslaughter or spinning the wheel and maybe getting life in jail if they don’t accept. That’s fucking galling, but it’s SOP everyday in every court and every state. THAT’s where justice reform needs to begin. I just wish Al Sharpton would show up at the beginning of the trial to fight for that, instead of showing up the end, fighting for nothing but camera time.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Preach.
    Over charge , force plea deals, force state sponsored classes (drug/ anger) force probation.
    Court fees, classes fees, supervision fees, can’t pay? Violation of probation, back in the court system.

Noam and Sundayjack like this.
  9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

It’s such an atrocity. And we accept this as just part of what criminal justice is. Meanwhile, when our brilliant government officials decide to tackle criminal justice reform, they focus only on the end of the process. Minimum sentencing, 3-strikes laws and the like. All of which hit the poor and middle class hardest. How about a little prosecutor accountability? There are absolutely zero consequences for a D.A. that overcharges and misses. Fixing that is the first step forward.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You trying to tell me the criminal justice system isn’t a spectator sport?

stinkyB and barfolomew like this.
  11. jetophile

I don't disagree with some of the comments here. Overcharging is why Casey Anthony, who we all know killed her kid, is free.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. jetophile

It comes down to a mixed bag with a lot of rotten fruit.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. barfolomew

Despite all the complaints about the justice system here, this time they did their job. The bad guys are going away. We got em. Civil society can feel some relief at justice being done.

papapump likes this.
  14. barfolomew

Life in prison for all three of these bastards. They should get put down like dogs, but we will have to accept this.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Given the state of American Justice over the last few generations I think a public ombudsman should review every court case that results in a conviction and confirm or null the verdict in favor of a new trial.

The only way to stop a corrupt top heavy system is to make it less absolute and more vulnerable to logical recourse.

16. barfolomew

Luckily the system got it right here.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Was it luck?

18. barfolomew

Not sure what you are getting at here

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Me neither.

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

They have been persuaded by the MSM that justice doesn't work equally for certain demographics. OJ Simpson would probably agree...

bicketybam likes this.