Too Positive vs Too Negative Jet Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DoomProphet, Nov 24, 2021.

1. DoomProphet

DoomProphet New Member

Last night I was on guest on "Let's Talk Jets Radio" and we discussed a myriad of topics including addressing the fans who think we are "too negative".

To those fans I wanna say: I would love to celebrating a winning team but as Bill Parcells famously said "You are what your record is." and at 2-8 there hasn't been much to celebrate this year. I call it like I see them and telling the truth doesn't make me less of fan.

I'd be more than happy to listen to your side if you explain why I am wrong and an intelligent mature way. I would love for you to be right and that everything will be great with the Jets but I need to see results first because this fan base has been promised over and over a better product and the results have been the same.

Let me know what you guys think.

barfolomew and 94Abraham like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nice. Maybe you can just tag that you’re promoting your podcast rather than just trying to slyly slip videos in.

3. DoomProphet

DoomProphet New Member

This isn't my podcast, I was just a guest on the show.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think it is natural that we have basically slipped into a bipolar state as a fanbase. There are some of us who will just assume the worst, because we've seen everything go wrong so many times, and there will be some of us who will always be expecting the ship to right itself. Both are defense mechanisms, but there is far, FAR more evidence to back up the first mindset. I have fought against it for decades, and this team always throws in a good season every now and then to make me think the ship is righting itself... but it always turns out to be just passing through upright on its way to lurching dangerously to the other side.

5. DoomProphet

DoomProphet New Member

Very well said! Cheers!

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I blame Brook.

7. DoomProphet

DoomProphet New Member

Who's Brook?

8. abyzmul

He's like the internet version of Cousin Balki.

NY Jets68 and Acad23 like this.
  9. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I’m a little surprised at how negative the board is this season. At the same time, I understand. The Jets have been disappointing for over 10 years. In sports, that’s a long time to be an non-competitive team.

On that note. I wasn’t expecting much this season. Realistically, there were too many question marks and injuries to start the season to even think we had a shot at a winning record. It’s painful to watch my team get blown out almost every week. It truly is, but it’s about what I expected.

The offense seems to be picking up some steam. But again, I’m not expecting us to win games, but we’re starting to score and drive for more than a 3 and out. Honestly, I think we’re a better team than we were last year at least on offense. Defense is a little bit of a surprise, because in the past we at least had a decent defense. So to me, it looks like we just don’t have the personnel to even have a decent-solid defense.

Who we got? The Williams brothers, Mosley, some decent corners and uh…uh…that’s not enough lol. Whatever our defensive scheme is, it’s clear we just don’t have the personnel to execute it.

So the last few years of “Blow the team up”, I don’t know if people were being serious or not back then. This is what a blown up team looks like.

I’m not a homer, I’m not going to excuse our play because costly mistakes have been made. I expect them to continue for the rest of the season too. Deep down, I think any reasonable fan couldn’t have been expecting much this year. So, I’m just being realistic about this season.

I expect there’s going to be some serious defensive upgrades and some rounding out on the offense in the upcoming off season.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Spot on.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. DoomProphet

DoomProphet New Member

They are going to have to address defense along with the OL very early in the draft. No free agent worth their salt is going to want to play here unless they Jets drastically over pay.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Me too. Brook sucks! :(

Hey bud. Three things.

1) Take it easy with starting threads.
    2) I know this isn't your podcast but it smells like you are advertising. Kindly get permission from a mod if you want to do these type of things.
    3) I get vibes that you are our previous poster BudRyan46 or Patleahy but I am not certain. So my eyes will be on you going forward.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jet fan on jet fan crime is not cool

IDFjet likes this.
  14. DoomProphet

DoomProphet New Member

1. ok, I have commented on other topics as well, I will do it more often.
    2. I'm not advertising anything except a topic on their show that I thought should be discussed
    3. I'm not either of those guys. I've only signed under account and this is it.
    4, Worry about yourself. I'm not going to called out by you or anybody in this group. If you don't like what I have to post go somewhere else, it's that simple.

15. DoomProphet

DoomProphet New Member

Exactly!

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I love when people join the board and just post media stuff right away. It's definitely not sad at all.

Edit: Also some newb telling @Brook! To go somewhere else is downright hilarious ngl

#16 NYJalltheway, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  17. abyzmul

This thread has achieved potential.

18. NYJalltheway

Hey don't be a hater byz. Maybe you should go somewhere else!

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Congratulations! You just earned yourself a Lifetime Vacation! Enjoy

20. NYJalltheway

Well.. It was fun while it lasted.

dawinner127 likes this.