Hypothetical: If Saleh is fired at the end of the season, who next?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Please explain how the opinion of one or a million fans becomes a factor in the poor performance of the Jets football team.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Probably the Patriots at some point

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Salah and JD will get 1 more year to see if it can work.

I’ve been banging the table for Harbaugh for 2 Jet hires now… the thing is he wants the keys to all the decisions and I’d be ok with it but I think The Johnson bros aren’t ready to do that and this is why we fail.

Heck I’d take Rex back.. he at least would get his team juiced up and ready to run through a wall.. he just can’t be in charge of picking players…

Another option would be to trade for Tomlin or John Harbaugh. Hate giving up assets but at this point we know we’d be getting a true leader of men

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I was the head coach of a championship college powderpuff league. Is that enough?

Cman68 likes this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I thought that's what they were getting Saleh? The guy had it cushy in San Fran and wanted the challenge. Coaches around the league have to see the Jets as a graveyard. How many have come here or just flat out turn down the job. Something about the Johnson family is a turnoff and that has happened Day 1 they took over when Bellichek quit at his hiring press conference.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

We don't really know who turned down any HC jobs here (other than Belichick) or why, we just hear the "experts" telling us what they think. How many have come here and turned down the job?

What a guy says he wants can be vastly different than what he accepts once on the job. I think Saleh is in over his head and would be in Green Bay, Arizona or Jacksonville as well.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Send Woody your resume ahead of the 2023 season.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Sean Payton

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I’m not a Harbaugh fan, but those who are should pay attention this weekend. If Michigan finds a way to finally beat Ohio State, the next sound you’ll hear will be Jim Harbaugh signing an NFL contract. Even if they lose, it’s likely he’ll make the jump. Everything he’s done over the last 12-months points to that. Not to mention, everything he’s NOT done this year on the recruiting trail.

Brook! and NoodleArm like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Harbaugh to Jacksonville maybe? He's not coming to this dump.

11. Sundayjack

If I were the guy, I’d stay away from the NFL and angle for the job at USC instead. Matter of fact, if I were Urban Meyer I’d be doing the same. USC is about to back up the Brinks truck to give someone the easiest job in all of college coaching, with the quickest route to a championship. The only down-side is that you’d have to move out to California and live with, y’know, Californians.

stinkyB, NCJetsfan and MaximusD163 like this.
  12. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Dude, they aren’t firing Saleh. Absurd post. This wasn’t supposed to be a winning year and injuries have piled up. They also lead the league in rookie snaps. Even with the points given up this year....it’s been a great developmental year with 4 huge draft picks next year. We’re on the right track.

13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

We're on track to have the worst defense in NFL history. We've allowed 400+ yards in 5+ games. They didn't score in the 1st quarter until the Bengals game. Coaches do get fired in their first year. It's not absurd. There's a difference between first year struggles and ineptness. Right now, I, and I think a lot of us here, are questioning whether Saleh is just adjusting to the new team, or if he just doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL head coach.

REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Jacksonville is no lesser of a dump than the Jets.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t see how he doesn’t end up across the hallway with the Giants. They’ve been a decade long dumpster fire like we are and he doesn’t fit the profile they necessarily want of a boring personality but he’ll go save that franchise.

#95 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  16. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

It’s only halfway through the season and we have one of the easier remaining schedules. See how it plays out stat-wise, but can’t really blame him after offensive injuries force D on the field all the time, and without Lawson and Maye.

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

He’s not getting fired…this was a development season all along. Lots of rookies. A bunch of key injuries. The results have been bad, but not surprising. Young team. A few ups, mostly downs. The defense started pretty well but has been exposed…but what can you expect? We’ve got nothing outside of Mosley at LB…we’re starting late round safeties and undrafted castoffs at LB (and honestly I think Williams has been our best LB). Our DBs are all late round picks and all young outside of Maye. We have a rookie QB coming from BYU…not exactly a hotbed of NFL talent. And when he got hurt we have a late round pick who hadn’t played in 4 years come in…and surprisingly did a great job.

so yes it’s frustrating to be SO bad on D and the OL…I had hoped for better.

but it’s not surprising.

we have a lot of great picks next year…JDs draft this year is looking good…

they’ll get another year…

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Sundayjack

Yes, but if you don't use up some of your hypotheticals, I think they make you give back some of your internets.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That must explain your disappearance. Zero internets left.

Sundayjack likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

In before someone suggests Jason Garrett.

NCJetsfan likes this.