2021 - Week 12: New York Jets at Houston Texans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2021.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2021.
  1. Jets

54.8%
  2. Texans

45.2%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We are 2-8 and going against Houston Texans on the road who are also 2-8. Suckfest indeed. But Wilson will be back and we have something to look forward to.

Our own @jaywayne12 starts us off with a great video. Please hit like and subscribe if you haven't done so already.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Texans may drop a whooping on us. Tyrod Taylor may throw for career high passing yards.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The defense will give up over 400 yards. We'll get enough done in garbage time to make it look respectable on paper. Saleh will get up to the podium and talk about how we need to execute better, how the players looked great in practice all week, work on the fundamentals, etc. Then we'll all wake up on Monday morning and get ready to see it all happen again the next Sunday.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Ok...for anyone that watched the video...I have an addition which I have never done before. I just watched the press conference. Saleh. And for the first time I saw what I have been waiting for. I saw him...a guy...ready to tear someone's head off.
    In my video I said he was probably up there defending people. He has hit the breaking point. He not only threw Franklin Meyers under the bus...he, if you listen carefully to his description of how many points were thrown away, destroyed his kicker.
    By destroying his kicker he is pretty much throwing JD under the bus. I mean, I watched it twice. He basically said you have to count points off the board because you do not even have faith in a kicker being able to make a kick that long. HIS KICKER...COMPARED to most other kickers in the NFL. So....mark this down...the Jets will have kickers in this week.
    It may seem like a simple little position, but clearly this coach today is asking his boss and GM for some talent. In the video I talk about how FANT missed his player...and also how badly McGovern missed a pickup. He was asked about one of those two plays and said "and the player, who I will not name here" and went on to say how Flaco was sure the lineman would pick up that player and it was too late once he saw he did not..and Saleh was furious with that.

So, I guess my point is this. I expect a different HC the rest of the way. The guy many of us thought would come out? Well, he came out....and Douglas is the one that did the shopping for these players.

I feel more positive about him knowing he can bury players....and if you really read between the lines of this press conference, he destroyed several.

Brook!, MoWilkBeast and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Proof is in the puddin... Lets see some benchings. Want to see him go off on a Ref after a Jet player gets manhandled after the whistle. All this other shit is just talk until it actually happens and poor play starts to have consequences.

I will believe in this "new" Saleh when I see the results of it on the field. Until then, its all just feeding the media.

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

He went after the refs after that awful non-PI call on Moore. They got a couple of fairly generous calls on D after it seemed too.

cval, Royal Tee and Cman68 like this.
  7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

This is judgment day. This is what matters.

Saleh and JD will be judged entirely based on Zac. It appears they got part one of the scenario right with Darnold but here you go. Zac needs to play and play well vs these mediocre teams. If every QB plays well but Zac (Flacco, White, Johnson) I think you may lose the locker room and will see about the end of the season.

Honestly, if this kid is not the answer. No reason not to draft Matt Corral if he’s there.

Jets79 likes this.
  8. Cman68

I had my binocs on Saleh a lot and I did see him chatting up one of the Refs on the sidelines. We finally got a few homefield calls as well so MAYBE it had some effect. For the most part though, I saw Xerxes on the sidelines doing his usual stroll up and down even after the many badly missed calls.

Acad23 likes this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I picked the Jets because for some reason we always tear Tyrod Taylor a new one. Our D line will suddenly wake up and sack him 5 times.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

the K can hit them long... just nt straight... 2/4 over 40? 0-3 over 50

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

To be honest I started to see a “new” Saleh yesterday - I saw him yelling and getting on both players and the refs - which was ironic to me because I had commented not five minutes before to a friend about his laid back style. Something seemed to light a fire under his ass ….. let’s hope this continues. As far as on the field … well that remains to be seen but the next 5 games I consider winnable on paper. Can the Jets take 3 of them? We’ll see …

jaywayne12 and Cman68 like this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I can see it. I picked the Texans because the Jets deserve it.

13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Now, I don't think he's laid back at all. Look at him on the sidelines with the 9ers. I suspect what he's tried to do is ensure he does remain calm as HC, hence the stoic expression and lack of emotion - although it always looked to me like he was very much deliberately making an effort to hold things back rather than nor feeling it. Now perhaps he's learned that it is OK to let it out a bit and that he can still retain the focus he needs as HC while doing it.

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised to see this change yesterday. He’s probably seen enough of this BS and some of these guys especially on defense. Nothing was more idiotic then Franklin and I forgot the other DL who danced for the camera after that sack on Miami’s last drive not realizing a penalty flag gave them a first down…..

Maybe this team play a little better going forward…..or at least shows some fire.

15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

See, I totally agree with you. I think he made an effort right from the start NOT to be that GUY he was with the niners because it didn't look "coach-like". He was even asked in his first press conference about it and all but promised we wouldn't see that guy as a head coach.

And this comes from a guy who preaches...screams...shouts...every single week about being who you are. Whether its one of his players...or coaches...yet he has done everything to look the part of a pro's pro. And it doesn't work.
    Hopefully he will be the guy who not only everyone thought we were getting....but who he truly is.....nuts. I want nuts now. This team needs some crazy.

In the video I mentioned without really looking up how the Jets are just horrible with late hits on the QB and how JFM should have sat...or should sit this week. Well, the Jets lead the league this year...and lead the NFL over the past two
    years in that department....and its KILLING THEM.

NYJFOREVER and Brook! like this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Can the Jets beat the Texans? Sure. They somehow stumbled their way into beating two of the better teams in the league. Will they? I think we all know the answer to that. There's never been a point where someone would say "The Jets can't sink any lower" that the Jets didn't respond with "Hold my beer."

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’m actually planning on going to this game as I’ll be in Texas. I agree it’s put up time for Wilson…pretty much all three other guys to play this year have looked better than he has. He’s a rookie so I get that he may not be on par with a guy like Flacco or even Johnson, who have both been around for a while, but White never played a down before he got in and he looked great in that Bengals game.

no more excuses…this is not a top defense. This is not a good team. He’s had 4 weeks to sit and watch and absorb how this offense is supposed to be run.

now go get it.

He needs to show something this week…

Brook!, Cman68, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  18. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Wilson's "shit or get off the pot" moment.

jets_fan and Cman68 like this.
  19. Cman68

If Zach comes up short this week, will we get the usual excuses once again minus the "top defense" excuse this time? MLF is up in the booth and his system has had moments of effectiveness so that's one excuse gone. The speed of the game should have slowed somewhat after watching White, Johnson and Flacco run it so that excuse is gone too. Saleh is starting to act like he has a pulse so we can take that excuse off the board. Doesn't leave much wiggle room for Zach this game. Either he plays well or he spits the bit. Either way, Zach gets a do over and we get to see our 2nd round FQB play again..

#19 Cman68, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    NY Jets68 likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I need to see that the game slowed down a little for Zach. He was launching some nice distance balls but his short and intermediate passes were rushed and off target a lot, he was hesitating on every throw.

I don't even care that the rest of the schedule is "weak", I just want to see some competent football.