Why Not Just Boycott?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 24, 2021.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

My brother and my son were there and they said there were more Bills fans than Jets fans. Worst he's ever seen it, according to my brother.

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll be there next weekend for the TidyBowl. I have a feeling I should go fishin but my son and Wifey got me the tickets sooooo......

barfolomew likes this.
  3. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

"Boycotting" sounds a bit dramatic to me, but I'm absolutely not the Jet fan I was.

Maybe fatherhood has changed me, but I have zero desire to go to a game, and even watching games is put on the backburner. Coincidentally, I skipped both the Titans and Bengals games this year.

In the past I'd be considered a homer considering how I always tried to put my Jets colored glasses on. Now, I dont care who has to be fired or where someone was drafted. I only care about winning. I guess my patience is just wearing thin.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Why stop there?? We should also all write strongly worded letters!

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Have you seen the stands the last few games.? The place is half empty and that’s with opponent fans taking over. There season ticket base has shrunken and nobody is growing to be a jet fan with Sunday ticket and the red zone. If we ever get good there still gonna have issues selling tickets. Sucking for 11 years is a long time and adding in the Psl and the shit stadium the Johnson’s are fucked. I gave up seasons in 2017 after 37 years and I’ve been back 3 times. Stubhub for an early season game before the season is over is all I got. I told my family 2 years ago not to buy anymore Jet stuff

papapump likes this.
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The care big time but they suck at it. There not cheap just stupid

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We told you brooks when u got season tickets it would end like this. Stick to stubhub early in the season and don’t piss away your money. It’s never gonna change ever

Brook! likes this.
  8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

us old timers... i dont think we can entirely NOT CARE how teh team does... but i do know i went through several years where i only did boxscores and highlight w/o watching any games...

i see the odd lowlight highlight thru RZ these days... saw some of the Colts game cos it was national and i could peek in while working...

dont make yourselves sick, peeps. this team is toxic now. keep your distance.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I find viewing it as a comedy helps. I learned long ago to expect failure, now I just laugh at the magnitude of it.

jets_fan likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

That's the only way to look at it. Actually having expectations for the Jets is, to put it mildly, foolish. This franchise is never going to get itself off the mat and should instead be viewed as a satire of professional football.

REVISion likes this.
  11. SlamminSam

SlamminSam New Member

Buying a jersey, lol...I was thinking of getting my son one for x-mas and we couldn’t even think of who we’d want. Seriously, who the f*cks jersey would you want? MB? MM? Even he wants out. Can’t blame him. There’s no one. That’s sad.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I got mine customized. New Black jersey with Mickey Schuler and his number. You can always go old school..