Jets Have NFL's Worst Point Differential

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 14, 2021.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yup, at -135, it's even worse than the Texans (-130) and the Lions (-110), who have played the same number of games as the Jets. https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings

Both the Jets wins were nail-biters, and there have been numerous blowout losses. In other words, this team could easily be 0-9 right now, which in turn means there has been zero improvement since last season, just a couple lucky wins. Important to keep that in mind when deciding whether certain people deserve to keep their jobs.

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you can't score and have a defense that's so bad that a bunch of six-year-olds could score against it.

Jets69 likes this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The defense needs an overhaul this offseason….

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

even worse when you think that at least half the points we have scored have come in the 4th quarter when in most cases the game was already lost and the other team had stopped trying

NY Jets68, NYJFan10, Jets81 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Joe Flacco came into the game today and reduced that burden for us :) what a pick up!

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

5 of our 7 losses have been by 15 points or more.

7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

In past seasons, even when the team was struggling, we could count on the defense to at least show up to play. Those days are gone.

Pepsiguy5, NY Jets68, Jets81 and 2 others like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Flacco and Morestead might be the co-MVPs of the 2021 New York Jets. They might be the only two players we have that haven't contributed anything negative to this cluster of a season.

9. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Fuck Joe Flacco. Fuck the Jets for traiding 4 him.

stinkyB and BrowningNagle like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It makes the Bengals and Titans wins even more bizarre. We’re absolutely awful and beat the best team in the AFC and another team in the hunt.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I remember the knock on Gase besides his personality was his teams would do well in close games, but struggle in blowouts.

12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Last in turnover diff as well. Almost impossible to win at this rate

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I read that the points the Jets have given up over the last 4 games is the second most in NFL history over a 4 game spread

REVISion and Jets81 like this.
  14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jags beat the Bills and held them to 6 points - any given Sunday and all that :)

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea I was mentioning this to my wife the other day. I had the chance to snag tickets to the game and said no way. She asked why and I told her that this defense is the worst I can remember in a long time. In fact it may be the worst that I've seen all time for the Jets.

Recency bias is a thing, but I can't think of when they were so bad through this many games in the season.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

just goes to show how weak the AFC is

17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

If you break it down between offense and defense.... Even though things haven't exactly been rainbows and unicorns on offense I'm not that worried there. New OC and a lot of young players, its not like we didn't figure it wouldn't take awhile to gel and especially considering the top pick QB hasn't exactly hit the ground running, we lost our star LT almost immediately, and have bad holes at TE and RG I'm at least ''ok" with the offense. The shortcomings seem to at least mostly be known and fixable in time.

Defense though? Holy crap. Saleh is supposed to be a defensive guy, and I get that we've had some injuries to our safeties which doesn't help, but this performance has been unspeakably bad as a total package and seems to be trending WORSE since the bye week. Even allowing for overvaluing our own Jet players as a fan I don't feel like the talent is "that" bad. To be sure its not great but its not allow 50 points a game bad. And that pretty much means its either coaching, effort, both? I'm not sure but its pretty alarming.

Our subpar offense makes one little mistake and before you know it they are down 10-14 points and buried. And the game has barely started. How the hell are you supposed to accomplish anything like that?

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

On a good note, we’re only -15 in turnover differential.

ouchy likes this.
  19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

There's needs to be some major resources put into linebackers and safety in the off-season. Those room need to be filled with all new people, preferably veterans.

ouchy likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Takes big swig of Green Koolaid: "2 of our 9 games have been wins.." Now THAT'S PROGRESS!! Sign me up for 10 more years of this kind of progress.

Jets69 and REVISion like this.