Going to the Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ty Law's Brother24, Jan 1, 2007.

?

Who's going to New England

1. Going to the game

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Going to the game with 3+ other Jets fans

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Going to the game with 5+ other Jets fans

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Not going

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. chrisp

chrisp New Member

Travel from NYC or NJ

Wanted to go the game Sunday and was wondering if a group of people are getting together to make the trip up to gillette from NYC or NJ?'

Chris

2. Ty Law's Brother24

Ty Law's Brother24 New Member

Jerricho I'm traveling with 7 other people and we are looking for a Green Lot, but I have no idea how the parking lot works there so I'm not sure where we'll be, but we should all organize something, that would be awesome to have a great tailgate with Jets fans.

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

We need someone who knows the parking situation to help us out here.

4. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Good for them!!! I HATE SCALPERS!!!! Maybe this will start a trend and other teams will go after them. Scalping is not good for the fans

5. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Coming from the south, I'd use the first stadium lot heading east on Rt 1 from Rt 495 (P-8). The problem is you need to arive well before 10am to ensure you get in P-8. Any later and you get funnelled to P-10 or P-11, which are hellish to get out of after the game.

If you arrive too early, P-8 won't be open, so you can use any of the alternate lots prior to reaching the stadium. If you use the End Zone Motel lot, you'll be about 1.25 miles from the stadium. Parking is going to be around $40.

Here's the link for stadium parking. Note P-9 is gone (building a mall) and p-8 is less than half the original size due to contruction.

http://www.gillettestadium.com/stadium_information/index.cfm?ac=parking#

6. chrisp

chrisp New Member

What part of South are you coimng from?

New Jersey

7. Chicago_Jet_Fan_#1

Chicago_Jet_Fan_#1 New Member

Watching overseas

Hey this is probably not the best place for this, but I am going to be overseas on Sunday. Does anybody know how I could either listen to the game over the internet, without paying for the NFL stuff, or maybe watch it over the internet?

8. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Wow!!!

How do they get away with charging $35 to park??? I thought $15 was a lot but WOW!!!

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Section 338 Row 4 is where I will at. Let me know if we are doing anything with tailgating. I'd like to get in on it.

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Well, it's a long story, but it's all comes down to the beat-down we put on the stinking red menace.

11. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I hate scalpers as well, but there is some good that comes from them. If you really want to go a game thats sold out, you can just pay extra and go to it. How would you ever go to an away game if its sold out and you dont know anyone? I dont like it that scalpers buy a ton of tickets and then resell them for a huge profit, but I see there is some use for them.

12. wlamb76

wlamb76 New Member

Any North Jersey Jets fans going to the game?

Looking for die-hard Jets fans who are traveling to Boston for the game from Bergen or Passaic counties in New Jersey. This is for a newspaper story I'm preparing for the weekend for The Record (Bergen County, NJ). Any takers? Write me off-list at lamb@northjersey.com.

Thanks!

13. highlife15

highlife15 New Member

Good to know since my brother just got 2 standing room tickets. Hopefully there will be other Jets fans so we won't be the only ones

14. Smizzy

Smizzy Banned

Hey guys.

Here is where we (JN) got our tickets

http://www.ticketsnow.com/TicketsList.aspx?PID=454576
    There is a bunch of us going to the game and staying at the CourtYard Marriot. It looks like it will be the Jets fan hotel and it is closest to the stadium.

Please feel free to use the link, Hope to see you there.

15. CMARTFORPREZ

CMARTFORPREZ Member

Me and 3 buddies are goin up, i go to school in boston so we're goin to stay at my frathouse sat night then go to the game on sunday, ive been to gilette twice before and let me tell you, parking is miserable. If your going to get there after 11 you have to park in like car dealerships along the way which charge like 30 - 40 bucks a pop, bottom line, they need more parking at the stadium....but who care, lets kick those pansies assholes

16. bsaeagle64

bsaeagle64 New Member

A few points:
    1) The reason you end up at lots that are not adjacent to the stadium after 11:00 is because the Patriots fans arrive 4-5 hours before game time to socialize and tailgate and take all the good spots.
    2) The stadium lots charge $35 so parking fees of $40 in spots away from the stadium is not that much more expensive than the stadium lots.

BTW, parking being "miserable" is your opinion. You should have been there before Gillette Stadium and the parking improvements.

What school and what Fraternity? I'm Northeastern/Sigma Alpha Mu.

17. jaybny

jaybny Banned

Green Section

So do we have a green tailgate section?

I am also thinking of parking by South Station in Boston and taking the train, anyone have any experience with that. It seems easy.

Anyone need a ride from manhattan?

pm me

18. JerrichoTpke

JerrichoTpke New Member

Whats the deal with lots opening 4 hours before kickoff? We were hoping to get in around 830. I guess we should push the tailgate start time to 9.

19. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Gates will open early at the stadium lots - it's based on how early folks arrive. The secondary lots open even earlier.

If you do want to park at the stadium (I recommend P-8), be in the area by 9:30 at tle latest. Traffic will suck and it will take at least 1/2 hr to get into P-8 from Rt 495.

Here's a nice hint for those that are going to park at the stadium: When you're on rt 1, comiong from the south (495), about 1.5mls from the stadium the breakdown lane is opened to traffic. You can usually sneak past a ton of cars that aren't aware of it. Stay in the breakdown lane all the way to P-8 at the top of the hill.

20. 99gastineau

99gastineau New Member

I know of 2 Big Jet Tailgates going on in Parking lot "P2". I am personally meeting about 10 people there and there are another 25 or so tailgating together as well. Hope this helps. Getting there at 9:00 when the gates open.