NY Jets: Darron Lee takes a shot at his former team on Twitter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Nov 13, 2021.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-darron-lee-shot-twitter

It's probably been a while since most NY Jets fans have thought about the name Darron Lee. The former Jets linebacker departed the team following the 2018 season and hasn't made much noise since he left.

A first-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, Lee never panned out in New York and was gone after just three seasons after he was shipped away to the Kansas City Chiefs.

That was the last most Jets fans heard of Lee, at least until Thursday when the former Ohio State standout took an unnecessary shot at his former team on Twitter.

Have the Jets won more than the 14 games I did when I played there since I have left? No disrespect, just asking for a friend
    12:49 PM · Nov 11, 2022

Lee asked the Twitter world if the Jets had won more than 14 games (the number of games the Jets won during his tenure) since he left. It was an unprovoked dig, followed by a condescending "no disrespect, just asking for a friend."

It's safe to say that disrespect was very much intended.

Darron Lee's time with the NY Jets was nothing short of a massive disappointment
    Lee was selected with the 20th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft after a standout career at Ohio State. Unfortunately, his NFL career quickly fizzled out and he's currently not on an NFL roster.

Lee was traded to the Chiefs for a 2020 sixth-round pick in May of 2019 and he went on to win a Super Bowl with Kansas City that season, although he was inactive for the game.

That was the last significant playing time Lee saw in his career.

The now-27-year-old became a free agent the following offseason and was suspended to begin the 2020 season, signing on with the Buffalo Bills practice squad in November.

Lee appeared in two games with the Bills recording one tackle before his contract expired in the offseason. A brief stint with the Las Vegas Raiders this summer came to an end after he was released with an injury settlement.

There's a good chance that Lee has played his final NFL game — a disappointing end to the career of a player who showed plenty of promise coming out of college.

That's Darron Lee's story, but does his inquisitive tweet hold any validity? The Jets were a combined 14-34 (.292) in Lee's three years in New York. Since he's left, their combined record has been 11-29 (.275).

So yes, the Jets have not won 14 games since Lee left. But their winning percentage over that time has remained pretty much the same.

Of course, Lee didn't exactly help the Jets very much during his brief tenure with the organization. If anything, his play oftentimes served as a detriment.

But Lee does have something going for him. The sixth-round pick the Jets received in return was used to trade for cornerback Quincy Wilson who lasted just three games in New York.

Then again, at least he played a few snaps with the Jets. That's more than you could say for Lee's postseason run with the Chiefs.

How many games has he played since then? No disrespect, just asking for a friend.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Fuck him!

stinkyB, MoWilkBeast, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He still plays?

papapump and NYJ1970 like this.
  4. NYJ1970

Darron Lee was a fucking sawed off twerp from the very first moment he arrived in NY. Arrogant as all out hell, meanwhile everyone was laughing at his pathetic play. He was an asshole to women and a fucking drug addict. Just another one of those forever enduring gifts from Macagnan, the very worst GM in the history of football. I hope Minnie mouse eventually gets his when he's standing on the unemployment line...

papapump and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Sharron Lee got jokes!

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. NYJ1970

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He’s absolutely trash and not getting another chance to play after we traded him proves that.

With that being said, he was decent the last year he played with us. I always thought he would’ve been a decent keep but apparently the rest of the NFL disagreed.

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Sharon Lee speaks……

9. NYJ1970

He was flat out one of the very worst draft choices the Jets have ever made. He was HORRIBLE. Him going after his girlfriend on film wasn't a big enough disgrace for you? What about the drug pinch? Him getting called out as soft by Bart Scott wasn't enough for you to know how much of a twerp he was? I don't know what player you were watching?

NYJetsO12 and papapump like this.
  10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

How many of those 14 wins were down to Sharon? I can think of some losses.

NEXT WEEK: Quinton Coples hates on the 2021 Jets uniforms

stinkyB, wewantsapp and mrjet80 like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

I’m talking exclusively about the player on the field. He was solid in 2018. Not great.

He was caught smoke weed or doing coke. I don’t hold that against players a ton to be honest. What happened with his girlfriend? I don’t remember in all honesty. If he’s a scum bag he’s a scum bag.

12. NYJ1970

He was caught on film being detained by Leonard Williams when he tried going after his girlfriend in public. You don't remember the Redskins going straight after Darron Lee on almost every play in that preseason game in 2018? What about all the times he had no idea where he was supposed to line up? You don't remember the Jets getting BETTER play from Neville Hewett an UDFA after Lee started serving his suspension for violating the drug policy?

13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A nobody trashing a nobody team.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Well the NFL loves suspending players and nothing came of the incident with he and has girlfriend so I have to imagine it’s a nothingburger.

Do I remember a meaningless preseason game? No I don’t. He was alright in 2018. Looked like an OK NFL linebacker.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The funny thing is he only won 13 games since he left the Jets.

17. NYJ1970

You conveniently left out him not knowing where to line up? And let's be honest here... the Jets actually spent BIG bucks in FA in CJ Mosley just to get a replacement for him. Is there any questions about the superior play we're getting from Mosley in Lee's place????

18. NYJ1970

He was NEVER worth the 20th overall pick. If he'd been selected in the 6th round it would have been even value.

boozer32, wewantsapp and mrjet80 like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I either had forgotten or never heard about the drug pinch and his assaulting his girlfriend. I knew he sucked on the playing field, but didn't know or remember what a loser he was off the field.

boozer32, papapump and NYJFan10 like this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

This dude should just shut up. He was an epic bust and for him to talk trash way after the fact is a joke.

NCJetsfan and mrjet80 like this.