Fire Lafleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Easily remedied

[​IMG]

REVISion likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well that's one way to gain yardage.

Though I'm not sure it's a legal offensive play... :confused:

K'OB likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You never heard of a cannon arm :D

Acad23 likes this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We might be stuck as long as Saleh is the HC.

Acad23 and REVISion like this.
  5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I havent seen this posted.....does Mike not talk to Matt at all? I would imagine they would discuss different plays, terms, players etc....

barfolomew likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It utterly alarming that Saleh hired this guy what it's completely obvious that even the fans know how to run an NFL offense. Simply criminal

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe Saleh owed his buddy a favor for being his best man so he hired his lil bro?

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. That only confirms my thoughts that it was a mistake to use this offense.

Question: Assuming we do fire Lafleur at the end of the year, which is the lesser of the two evils? One, Saleh hiring an experienced OC to run the Shanahan offense, or two, hiring an experienced OC to run a different offense, meaning that Zach and the offense has to start over again from scratch in a new system next year?

I don't see their firing LaFleur in the middle of the season, but if they did, what then? You can't change offenses and blocking schemes in the middle of a season. They'd have to hire someone to run the Shanahan scheme, and that would mean that we're stuck with it, because I can't see then hiring (or anyone accepting) an interim OC job for the remainder of the season or hiring someone and he has to run the Shanahan scheme the rest of this seaon and then can switch to whatever scheme he wants next season.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

True, but that was a veteran team. This is anything but a veteran team.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I truly do not think they will fire him during the season. I think Saleh will have to man up and seperate his personal life from professional and part ways with Lafleur. It's just not working.

Having said that, I believe they need to get rid of the offense all together and change it. Yes it sucks royally for Wilson, but I am 100% confident that his ability to study film will help him make the change.

The Shanahan bullshit offense doesn't work with a young QB. They need a new scheme that is easier to learn and caters to the players strengths. Mac Jones isn't thriving because he's that good. He's thriving because the system they run is quick and simple.

I hate saying all of this, but it is true. Lafleur needs to go

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Let's not waste any juice on hoping LaFloor gets kicked to the curb... ain't gonna happen so why bother.

What I'm hoping for is that he adjusts his scheme to the talent (or lack of) he has to work with.
    That seems more of a likelihood... if he changes at all.

He's learning on the job... and we get to suffer through it... :confused:

blackssmagic likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah. That's what I'm saying. This is at least a 2 year dumpster fire, no way they give them less time than Gase.

So pull up a lawn chair and put some marshmallows on a stick.

Acad23 likes this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Good luck with that.. 10 days to prepare for NE and we saw the same plays and scheme w/o adjustments.

dmw, Ralebird and REVISion like this.
  14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I find this idea tough to grapple with given that all we heard all offseason was how QB friendly this system was. How it makes average QB's look good yada yada.

I don't know what to think anymore. LaFleur just seems like a total idiot. For him to come off the bye having made seemingly zero adjustments was the final straw for me.

dmw, Ralebird, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  15. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

When asked about the system in an interview back in August, LaFleur responded, “Everyone’s taken it their own direction,” LaFleur said. “You do it based on the roster you’ve got. You try to find the skill set that all these guys have and match that up. … It will develop into our system.”
    I'm not sure we're seeing what he's preaching.

It's also worth noting that the only other time he's called plays was for Davidson College back in 2013. They went 0-11 that year and lost to Campbell 47-14. The more things change...

16. Falco21

I think that talk was unfounded and absolutely wrong. Trust me, I was a believer in this and the system. I truly thought this was going to work and we would see a far more explosive offense.

If you just look at history with this offense, it only works with hall of fame QBs. It does not work with younger QBs and certainly not with a team filled with rookies

dmw and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Excellent point! If they fire LaFleur after the season (which they should), they should look for an OC with a system that fits jets players. Good grief, Douglas has invested #1 picks in 2020 and 2021 on the OL and another at QB in 2021 . Why not figure out what system best fits those players primarily and the rest of the supporting cast on offense?

Falco21 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The average age of the Packers roster since LaFleur took over in Green Bay has been 10th, 5th, 5th and 15th this year. It's true that Rodgers covers up a lot of deficiencies but they generally never have veteran teams because they draft replacements for upcoming free agents and replace them.

19. Falco21

Aaron Rodgers is the difference. The same could be said for guys like Tom Brady.

Having a HOF QB as your signal caller can make any offense look good. The issue with it operating here is that not only do we have one of the youngest rosters in the league, but our signal caller is a rookie.

Again, there is a difference between guys just being bad and guys looking completely lost. Watching the film after every game, you literally see guys blocking no one. You see receivers all running the same routes bunched together. You see Wilson spinning the wrong way for a play action. You see the running back pulling the opposite way of the free blitzer.

It goes on and on. This isn't about guys struggling with talent. This is about guys not knowing what they are doing on the field.

dmw, NCJetsfan and cval like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.