Fire Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 24, 2021.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What surprised me is how simple slant passes and pitchouts by the Pats and Falcons would go for 10-25 yards per pop. If this guy is a defensive coach, it does not show.

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

To the same friggin receiver over and over on Atlanta FFS!!!

tomdeb likes this.
  3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

They won't fire Saleh until Gase is off the payroll.

Jonathan_Vilma and Jets79 like this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Lol I agree. Guys get super emotional, people need to chill. It sucks seeing the Jets get their teeth kicked in but move on to next week. Saleh was the flavor of the month now things aren't going to plan it's fire the guy or "I'm sick of his stories" lol. Not sure what he's expected to do except get back to work and correct the myriad of issues on this team.

BradysTornACL likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Saleh sure looked like total shit so far, but it's too soon to get rid of him. If we end the season with 2 wins like last year, it will be a different story, but there is a lot of football left to be played in the season.

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yes, let's move on to next week when we will get our teeth kicked in again...and again...and again

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Sherwood and Cashman are not ready to play at this level, they don’t deserve backup roles on this team.

tomdeb likes this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY agree. It looked to me like the jets were playing WITHOUT LBs out there.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Gregory L Henderson

Gregory L Henderson New Member

10. Gregory L Henderson

Gregory L Henderson New Member

interesting data points on the coaches......so frustrating to watch, but these are basically rookies and 2nd and 3rd string talent in key positions, and some of them I question whether they should be in the NFL. Why is Brandin Echols in the NFL? I've had 2 knee replacements and I WOULD have made some tackles he just let slip by. Disgraceful. I've seen some high school players that are better than some of these Jets. It's on Douglas and Saleh, but you only get one chance per year to improve what you got. Let them go thru their shit cycles of 4 or 5 years of losing, and we'll reload this again with a new bunch of fools. Groundhog Day!

tomdeb likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Cashman is similar to Ryan Griffin, Quincy Enunwa, Van Roten, Daryl Roberts, Henry Anderson and some more friends I'm sure I'm missing. Bad football players who may have had a good game or two that the Jets organization determined were "good enough" football players to be starters/contributors.

I think it's a disgusting oversight for Joe Douglas/Saleh to think that Sherwood was good enough to fill in at ILB (as a 6th round pick) weighing 215 pounds let alone anointing him as the defensive play caller.

tomdeb and Red Menace like this.
  12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I think today was the worst performance by any defense I ever watched. And the Pats haven't beat anyone this year except the jets and the Texans (and they barely beat the Texans).

Acad23 likes this.
  13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

There has GOT to be someone on another team's practice squad who the jets could sign to replace Sherwood at LB. What do we have to lose?

14. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

All gas and no brakes, my ass. The engine won't even turn over.

15. Jetsin2029

Jetsin2029 Member

Gase won 9 games in his 2 season as HC of the NYJ. I don’t see Saleh winning 9 games in 2021 / 2022. How did they find a worse coach than Adam Gae?

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't think Saleh is worse than Gase. He is certainly not off to a good start, but we have to let the season play out. If you are JD or Johnson right now, do you really fire Saleh at this moment? Imagine as if this is real: if you are in position to make a decision. You fire coach Saleh right now? You fire Mike? You fire DC for allowing 54 points too? Really? Who do you get to replace them at this stage in the season? You are going to start installing new system? No. The truth is, even if you magically have the decision making power now, you don't fire him at this stage. You let the season play out and go from there.

17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

No the jets will not fire Saleh now or after this season. He will get at least 2 years--that is what Kotite got and he was 4-28. So did Gase. But if the team ends up 2-15 (likely), Saleh better fire LaFleur. And the jets HAVE to address their pathetic LB situation. What a stupid concept--playing two mid/late round rookie safeties as your starting LBs. Douglas and Saleh need to get on the same page or both might be gone after 2022.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If we end up with 2-15, I think firing Saleh will very much be on the table. At least it should be. Now though is not the time. And I think we will win more than two.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's looking more and more like the Jets (and the rest of the league) missed the boat on the Mike Shanahan tree. McVay and LaFleur (GB) are the cream of the crop. Shanahan Jr. caught lightning in a bottle in year two and has been largely underwhelming in his other three seasons as a head coach and of course we're stuck with the trash we chased after trying to create San Francisco East.

Just like when we chased Idzik and tried to create Seattle East.

Since1969 and REVISion like this.
  20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Overreaction Sunday continues. Guys throwing out names of coaches that are busts in their eyes when they either need more time or deserve the chance to do so. Folks were already running Zac Taylor out the door last year, this year the bengals are one of the better teams in the league. Suddenly Kyle Shanahan isn’t good because he’s transitioning to his new toy when he’s deserved a bit more time there.