Fire Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 24, 2021.

1. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

While this is true, GVR is a garbage lineman and he threw his rookie QB under the bus like a true leader. I’d rather run out there with 4 linemen than see him play again.

REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We fucked the rebuild when we drafted a QB two years too early and then picked a bunch of late-round, shit “hybrid” players to plug gaps in more than one position on ST and D.

Saleh deserves a pass for now. It’s a testament to Joe Douglas’ PR that the knives aren’t already being sharpened for him.

I look forward to the 2022 rebuild and a Top 3 pick. Again. Burn it all fucking down.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Sadly, what other choice does this team have?

4. ConcordeChops

Upgrade scouting team. Trade any tradeable asset. Stockpile picks and trade down wherever possible. Select serviceable cornerstones, not blue chip prospects. Never trade up in any circumstance. Ignore free agency.

And yes, it’s easier said than done.

5. HackettSuxTNG

Is trading down legal?

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You have to take a few young OL in the draft in the same year or back to back years. Quality players that you are 80% sure to stick. That's your base. Then you need to supplement with mid-round picks a couple drafts in a row and then every other draft from here to eternity. Add in a high pick when it becomes obvious you need one. Draft a few late depth picks when you need them.

That's how you build a line.

The Jets had it right when they took D'Brick and Mangold in the 1st in 2006. The problem is they stopped drafting after that, trading picks willy-nilly and using aging vet OL to fill. Then it all fell apart when the inevitable holes appeared and got their QB killed.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

When we had threads about expectations most of us we "guardedly" optimistic with respect the the draft, team makeup and new CS. When I posted, I do not believe I ever posted a W-L record, just wanted to see the team play competitively, be physical and progress each week. IMHO, none of that has happened. Indeed, I believe, now after todays debacle, that they have regressed and unfortunately, this CS is not (IMHO) capable of fixing this mess.

The composition of this team - players, coaches and FO - have continued the tradition of losing. Think about that. As presently constituted, this CS, is no better and maybe worse then AG's teams which from time to time at least looked competitive, albeit not often.

As I posted in the game thread, JD owns this dung heap. Personally, I doubt they will fire HC or JD but if this malaises continues that could become a reality.

signed, disgusted.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Saleh and LaFleur get NO pass,,are you kidding? The whole team don't show up on weekends and QB shows little improvement and has no OL Replace them or it continues like with Toilet Bowles. C'mon Concorde isn't 7 games enough of a sample size or do you need 10 more?

Picks? the Jets are picking their nose without a quality HC and OC

REVISion likes this.
  9. ConcordeChops

Pass was the wrong word, admittedly. I don’t think Saleh has much to work with and the structure is rotten from top to bottom.

The only way to squeak out more wins from what we have is to hire a Parcells-like sociopath (and that might make things worse)

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

When you lose THIS badly, EVERYONE is at fault. Everyone.

offense sucked. Defense sucked. Coaching sucked.

JD is now in his third year. Two drafts. Two free agencies. We are NO better than the shit we had when he got here. That’s not a good look.

I’m not asking for wins necessarily.

but to get blown out by halftime every single damn week is just not acceptable.

I still have hope he is the guy to fix this mess but honestly, his first draft looks horrible, and while his second looked so much better on paper, it has not yet translated on the field. I know it’s only 6 games so we have two thirds of the season to figure this shit out but it’s hard to find positives so far.

REVISion likes this.
  11. HackettSuxTNG

Making zero progress with yet ANOTHER top pick QB is not acceptable either.

Jets79 likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Diversity?

REVISion likes this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Didn't see the game... but did our special teams look ok?

I'll see myself out...

14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

It all starts with the QB. Defenses play better when they play with a lead, something the Jets haven't been able to do this season. Until Wilson plays up to his pre-draft accolades, we can look forward to more of the same.

The loss of Mosely hurt, but it wasn't helped by starting Jamien Sherwood at MLB. Not since Darron Lee have I witnessed a player so ill-equipped to play a position.

Red Menace and 94Abraham like this.
  15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Getting owned by a rookie QB 79-19 in two games is even a new low for this franchise. And just when you thought you reached rock bottom with this perpetual clunker.

Jets79 likes this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened his first season, even if it was only one game. As soon as he went down the defense fell apart.

17. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Who’s your QB? Sam has been garbage since CMC went down so clearly he isn’t salvageable. You’re banking on finding a diamond in the rough in 2 years? I’m not giving up on Zach yet.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you take a rookie QB that is obviously job one. You have to get the guy going.

Trying to install a new offense has to be secondary to getting the rookie installed on his feet in the NFL.

The jets tried to do both and as a result they have accomplished neither and each has contributed to the failure of the other.

Between them they have contributed to the failure of the rookie OC and thru him the failure of the rookie HC.

It's an organizational failure.

19. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Lol you guys are idiots.

Go to sleep man.

Who you ever ever going to get as the next HC if you fire them after 6 games? Maybe John Gruden or Joe Philbin.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Mogriffjr likes this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side guys. It wasn't on a Monday night.

Acad23 and Royal Tee like this.