Why Not Just Boycott?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I heard it worked before when Hess was the owner, a boycott actually yielded results. Why not do the same to the Johnsons? I get we love football but honestly who is spending 100s of dollars going to game, risking their health in a pandemic, and spending their free time watching this abomination of a football team? An empty stadium, especially in any prime time game would be embarrassing to this organization.

The jersey purchases are silly as well. The players are either traded, not re-signed, or outright cut within a few years. NFL jerseys in general is a scam as you pay $100+ for a player's jersey that plays only for a few years. Even if you dont get a jersey but get a t-shirt or ballcap...are you not at least somewhat embarrassed to show your support for this team?

To me its a very simple choice to make, and I am sure many of you are already doing some of these things. We just need a complete boycott of this team until they look as good as they are supposed to.

2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty much doing that anyway. Haven’t bought merch in years and I haven’t been to a game since Vinny blew out his Achilles.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I haven't supported the Jets financially in years and I won't do so anytime soon. It's legitimately the only thing we can do as fans.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well said.

I am done. @Cman65

Boss, Can we cancel the Tailgate thread for Miami game?

I don’t want to go to Metlife to watch this train wreck. Please bless this and take me out of my misery

5. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

This is exactly the type of post that we need more of. Why not boycott?
    '
    It does and always has started at the top for this franchise:

The lack of talent, the poor coaches, the poor management, the poor facilities etc. It's because we have no football people really running things for this franchise and I would argue no real business people either.

Nobody on the team right now has actually built anything or won anything--they might have been part of success in other organizations. But you don't have a program builder like a Reid, Holmgreen, Parcells etc.

It will always be the same without selling to someone who has experience building something special

barfolomew, NYJetsO12 and cmcm750203 like this.
  6. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I stopped buying Jets merch. Used to go to 3-4 games a season and plan my vacations around Jets games. This year, I went to the Titans game (thank god) and I'm pretty sure that was peak Jets 2021. I'm done wasting my sundays. If I don't have anything better to do maybe I'll watch the game.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I definitely agree, haven't been to MetLife in years and don't plan on going anytime soon. I also can't recall the last time I bought a Jersey, closest I got was a Darnold
    T-shirt, which I'm not bothering to get with ZW until something changes. People need to stop buying tickets and Jerseys and old block head Woody will have no choice but to respond!

barfolomew likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The season ticket holders should give up their seats to the homeless.
    That way the fans in the seats will reflect what's on the field.

A buncha hobos... :confused:

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Because the fanbase loves misery, otherwise none of us would be having this discussion

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am done.

I won’t even attempt to sell my tickets. I will eat my losses. I am done for the season. Busy with life anyway.

50 points to Pats?

Fuck this.

Fuck Woody!
    Fuck Joe Douglas!
    Fuck Robert Saleh!

we don’t deserve this misery. Enough is enough. I am done. Is it apple picking season yet?

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Go for the tailgate.

Leave for the game.

barfolomew, ouchy and Quinnenthebeast like this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Now we’re talkin! It’s the only language the johnsons will understand. It’s the only language any business understands. Leave that place empty every damn Sunday. Make a statement.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'll be watching next week and the week after.

And I'll be at the bills game in November. Hoping Wilson is back sooner rather than later

barfolomew and SixDemonBag like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Don't look at me, I haven't given the Jets organization any money in a decade. Idk who the people are who still go to games, buy jerseys, etc. But hey instead of boycott, it would be pretty cool to have the crowd chant "Sell the team!" the entire game, it would be a real annoyance for the TV broadcasters at least.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The jersey problem can be solved by wearing the old timers … Namath, Klecko, Chrebet etc can’t be traded …lol

barfolomew likes this.
  17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Just get a jersey with number zero on it; it pretty much reflects the state of the Jets' organization and will never go out of style.

barfolomew and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

In today’s me, me world, people don’t even know what a boycott is. Personally I won’t spend a dime on any merchandise, or go to see this shit show.

barfolomew likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I bought a Sam Darnold jersey at the start of the 2020 season and my girlfriend bought my dogs Jets bandanas a couple weeks ago. Other then that I've been to some games here and there over the past decade but nothing like me and my family was spending to go to games and buying merchandise in the 2000s.

If you're disgusted with his franchise (like all of us) stop spending your hard earned money on this garbage product.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I haven't spent a dime on the Jets since 2011.

I don't think the Jets care. There's a global market for their product now.