Fire Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 24, 2021.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we are stuck with this incompetent staff and GM for another year, as Woody doesn't have the balls to tear it down again. A coordinator will be fired and that will cover their tracks for this year.

REVISion likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets aren't a team in need of a quick turnaround. They're a team in need of a baseline build.

They've been terrible for so long that the normal ability to replace a few key players and rebound just isn't there. They need to replace everybody but a few players. They have no continuity now and it will take a season or two to develop the continuity that comes from a bunch of players having played together and understanding where each will be on a given play at a given moment.

Given that several of the units on the team are subpar at this point there is no chance of developing that continuity this season due to players needing to be replaced. Further, because the Jets have used high end free agency every season for the last 4+ there will be decent veteran players dropping out of units and disrupting the chances for other players to achieve the continuity they need to excel.

This is not a gloomy prognosis. This is what is.

The question is how the Jets manage the build moving forward to minimize disruptions in building continuity and to hopefully accelerate the process - keeping in mind that there is no such thing as instant continuity. Continuity is a quality that is developed over time.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Isn't Gase still on the payroll?

Free consultancy!

Royal Tee and PJ4Ever like this.
  4. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

They fired Gase and somehow downgraded at coach. Only the Jets. I apologize to anyone for preaching patience. They don’t deserve it. Dumpster fire.

tomdeb, Lon Chaney, 94Abraham and 2 others like this.
  5. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm naive, but I genuinely believe there is talent on this team that is begging for a competent coaching staff to unlock it.

6. Jetsin2029

Jetsin2029 Member

Wow they are bad. Maybe the worst team in football.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Need some vinaigrette for that word salad?

8. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

This has been the problem forever. Hate to employ cliche, but you can’t fire the owners. And I have little hope of things improving as long as they’re there

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with this.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What difference does the the top pic make? Look at some of Douglas' high picks--Wilson. Mims. A. Davis--they all stink

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Teams with a good coaching staff and GM that can provide talent will be able to turn it around quickly, in a 2-3 year span. The Jets have been in rebuild for 10 years now, far too long in today's NFL.

I do agree there are several units that need an overhaul. The Jets still need a RG, an entirely new LB corps, and 2 new safeties before they even have NFL talent across the board at every position.

SOJAZ and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

While there's now way we fire this guy, nor does he deserve to be fired after week 7...think about the coaches we'd get to chose from if we did that...After a bye week, facing a team they already faced, with an emphasis of fixing the offense, to show this lack of anything of substance, he's lost my complete faith and trust as a head coach...he can win it back, but he has to earn it not vs. me just blindly giving to him...what a complete no show, Wilson hurt or not...This team looked like it just played an NFL football game on Friday in Australia and had to fly to MA on the red eye to make it for a 1p start...I'm pretty speechless and seriously for the first time wondering if this JD/Saleh thing is going to work out...My heart hopes so, my head is skeptical...I'd love to hear the conversations between JD and Saleh at this point...Going into it I'm sure they knew there would be tough times, but after a bye with a zero of an offense to get crushed is totally on the coaching...no fingers to point in any other direction....Saleh will have to come up with a lot of clever stories/analogies to talk his way out of this one

Oh yeah, one more thing Saleh, enough with the stories/analogies...they sound ridiculous from a losing head coach of a train wreck of a football team

Jets79 likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I don't believe our offense is as bad as it looks. I think Wilson might have been in line for a decent outing based on what we saw in his 2nd drive and 3rd drives but there's really no way of knowing.

Defensively, I don't think the loss of Mosley is given enough attention. He's the field general for the D and flies all over the field in the run game. Missed him a ton today. Jets LB and safety groups are piss poor though outside of Mosley.

REVISion and CotcheryFan like this.
  14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, and I mean this with all due respect, I can't stand this argument. Are you honestly suggesting that because these coaches all had crappy first years, that any coach who has a crappy first year can turn out as great as they all did? Do you realize what a slap in the face of these great coaches that is?

This is the same argument people were making about Zach Wilson's INTs, and actually comparing him to Manning and Bradshaw because they happened to throw a lot of INTs their first year. Turnarounds like that are NOT the norm.

Jets79, Royal Tee, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  15. HackettSuxTNG

I completely understand that Saleh is a rookie head coach. However, his former job was not equipment manager, or head trainer. He was the defensive coordinator of an NFL team.

ANY defensive coordinator would be getting grilled today for giving up 54 points.

tomdeb, Jets79, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  16. Br4d

I tried to use continuity over and over again to drive the message home.

17. Br4d

The RG is a red herring. Yes, they need to replace him but the C and the RT are going to drop out shortly thereafter. The LT can't stay on the field.

Basically the Jets need to build an OL where the only piece they can rely on right now is AVT, who is a rookie, and who is losing a year or two of continuity in the process.

REVISion likes this.
  18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Hackett or Lefleur?

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wanted Thomas in the 2020 draft because he seemed like the safe pick who could hold down the LT spot for 10 years, but he's hurt now. I thought waiting until day 3 to draft a second OL last year was a mistake because the unit needed a makeover.

20. HackettSuxTNG

Mickey Mouse