The 2021 Jets and Beyond have a Bright Future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 23, 2020.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/12/new-york-jets-jarrad-davis-starter-quincy-williams/

The 3rd LB, Sherwood I believe, is invisible. I’m not sure why he would get to keep the starting job over Quincy.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You could be right, but who was that OG that JD should have drafted? The main names I remember being tossed around to play RG were Wyatt Davis, Tevin Jenkins, and Jalen Mayfield. Davis has been injured and not played. If he had drafted Jenkins to play at RG this season, he wouldn't be playing due to back issues. If he had drafted Mayfield, he has been awful at OT, but maybe would have been better at RG. I think I saw that Aaron Banks hasn't played and saw an article questioning whether he is a bust. So who would that OG have been?

The only two I see that would have been an improvement are Creed Humphrey and either played him at OG or moved McGovern to OG, or maybe Kendrick Green. I wouldn't have had a problem with that. Humphrey went pick #63 in the 2nd round. #34 was too high to take him. Perhaps JD could have traded down garnered an additional 3rd round pick and taken Humphrey, and then maybe still have gotten Green in the 3rd round or taken Green following a trade down. After trading up for AVT, there was no way he could get Green, without trading down, then we wouldn't have Moore (although at the moment, that doesn't seem too bad, but during TC, I doubt that many would have wanted to have done that).

#582 NCJetsfan, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is a good problem to have. Jarrad Davis was signed for a reason and given pretty good money. I would like to see how he looks on the field. He played against the Giants and Packers barely, but I wouldn't take too much from that even if he was amazing. I agree Quincy has earned playing time the last few weeks though. It will be interesting to see how Saleh handles it.

legler82, Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I have loved how Quincy has played. The kid playing possessed with a lot of heart. You do not just bench a player that is playing like that unless there is a significant increase in the level of play. I have faith they can be both worked into lineup if they are both playing at a high level.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how he played in Jacksonville? I doubt it was with this much intensity, or he would not have been released.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The problem with that theory is who do you use the two picks you gave up for AVT on. Suddenly you go from having one big hole on the line to having two big holes. Notice how much better McGovern is playing now that AVT has improved.

The Jets FO has said they would have likely taken Moore if they stayed at 23 and taken M. Carter I at 66. Which would leave them with the 34th pick and 86th pick to replace AVT and find a replacement for GVR. The odds of getting even one quality starter that could have helped are remote. Taking AVT looks even better today than it did then. There is a lot to be said for taking the sure thing best guard in the draft over reaching for a couple of day 2 prospects,

#586 Noam, Oct 14, 2021
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m not against the AVT pick, and no one knows how the board would have fallen if Jets had not traded up.

I’m actually against trading back because of what you said, take the quality pick and not reach for projects later.

I simply stated why JD was criticized for trading up. The fact is the Jets still need to replace the right side of the line, I’m sure JD will address that in next years draft.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I see the OL getting a little better but it doesn't matter at this point if the entire first half of football are just 3 and outs

There are 3 players on are Defense that show up, for the most part on Sundays: Q Williams his brother and Millions Moseley...also doesn't matter because they play almost the entire game without a rest..They'd are dead by third qtr and don't give a shit by the 4th because the hated Offense does zero

Besides grading players how about we grade our GM on providing this abortion of a Coaching Staff?

The Posters here are all better knowing what to do ...does anyone get why Saleh and his idiot side kick LaFleur can't come up with a good game plan by week f&cking 6 already???>>>>total incompetence

All I got for ya..grab your popcorn and get ready for Pats game :rolleyes:

#588 NYJetsO12, Oct 14, 2021
  9. NCJetsfan

JD could have taken Kendrick Green at #87. With the 34th pick, he would have had to have traded down and either taking Aaron Banks or traded out of the 2nd round and taken Creed Humphrey. Humphrey could have either played OG or stayed at C and McGovern moved to OG.

That would have been two rookie IOL on the OL and there were no guarantees that either or both together would be as good as AVT, and JD would have had to find trade partners and even then, there are no guarantees that if he had passed on AVT, that the draft wouldn't have changed dramatically and perhaps Humphrey and Green would not have been there at Jets' picks or perhaps he wouldn't have found a trade partner. I think solidifying the left side of the OL to protect Zach's blindside was the wisest way to go.

Noam likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Further anecdotal evidence that we don’t have roster talent problem.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

How many of those happened when the opponents were running out the clock?

joe, Jonathan_Vilma and REVISion like this.
  14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I totally agree...have not seen much from him at all. But Saleh LOVES HIM...LOVES. Every press conference he somehow spends 20 to 30 seconds on him..how he will fill out in the future.
    His ceiling is through the roof...they expect him to be a top notch number 1...etc..etc... I couldnt hear what the question about him was this week but Saleh again went off like he does for no
    other player...except Zach of course.

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

After today, I will say, "No. The future is not even a little bright for this always crap organization."

16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

The Jets depth sucks. We lose Mosley and sorely missed him. No one picked up defensively.

Maybe returns and got bowled over several times. If he still wants out, trade him.

Davis is just a good runner but two games in a row beat pretty badly.

LeFleur keeps digger into a bigger hole.

The team has to many holes. And have to have a miraculous draft.