Raiders and Gruden part ways

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by typeOnegative13NY, Oct 11, 2021.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You would be surprised how I can walk, think and chew gum at the same time madam ahaha

FTMR You don't have to begging anyone's pardon Jetophile lol..as a Kid I decided that after watching D Lamonica and Joe Namath have those great games in the late 1960s between Riders and Jets I would like them both

TBH I was posting on Raider board after they they had that 3-1 start and depressing Jets were faltering for a change...follow my Posts I pretty much had it with this team and waiting for some miracle to happen

Its a free country you know

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

REVISion and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’ll bet they haven’t. Just Jon

4. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I am old but skinny would not describe me. Besides me as a farmer? I can't even grow cucumbers!

This is a football forum after all, but whether you lean left or right, I think it is safe to say as Americans we have been losing our freedom over the years.

I could give you many examples, but if you are as old as me, you should know exactly what I am talking about. Otherwise, may I suggest you read the book 1984 by George Orwell. Afterwards, tell if you can't see any parallels to today's American society?

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sorry to turn you into a farmer ahah and I know you to be an intelligent man

No not really seeing complete Orwellian parallel...we still have a Free Press. And as an Independant thinker I will tune into Fox as well as cnn , MSNBC .

Facebook Social media and most companies track you online and may store or even distribute personal information on you

So if you talked to me about Big Brother from 1984 invading your Privacy yes I would have to agree.

The Far Right extremists and Authoritarians perpetuating the Big Lie ( like Hitler in Germany) poise the biggest threat as far as our real Freedom goes. Dr. Snyder the Yale history professor has a new book and would be a good read for you

#65 NYJetsO12, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    Patriot likes this.
  6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Well, at least he was an equal-opportunity offender. You have to give him that.

7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I am neither a fan of the left or the right these days. Both are trying to brainwash you one way or another.

The networks you mention now present more on opinion versus just telling you the news. Getting the facts and the real news is more difficult than ever.

As to the far right, yes they are a threat and do pose a danger. But you must realize there is a far-left also that poses a danger also. Since the far left at this time has more power, to me they are a more serious threat.

Moderate Democrats like Manchin, for example, who are smart enough to realize the fiscal lunacy of a 3 trillion stimulus bill, do give me some hope just as Republicans who oppose Trump. Unfortunately, these leaders are a minority at this time which is very bad for this country.

REVISion, cval and ouchy like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Looks like Congress is interested in ole Rog's handling of these matters now....

I'm guessing the emails got "lost" like Spygate tapes

[​IMG]

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Glad to see Congress is using their time wisely. Horribly botched Afghanistan pullout, rapid widespread inflation, supply chains that look like they will extend for at minimum until 2023, climate and weather issues, threatening escalations with China in the Pacific, etc.

But at least these schmucks are going to find out which NFL executives are saying mean words over email.

FYI, it's a fucking disgrace to compare anything Hitler did to what anyone in our government is doing now.

But if you want to go down that path, Democrats are already setting up the cheating excuse if they get wiped in the midterms.

REVISion and cval like this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

... and down the rabbitt hole we go....

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How the hell does Gruden not being able to keep his non-football related thoughts to himself become a political discussion here? Don't we ever learn?

12. Jonathan_Vilma

It becomes a political issue when the politicians get involved. But of course that's very obvious.

13. Ralebird

Politicians are no more involved in the Gruden situation than are actors, singers and social media influencers. Why anyone pays any heed to the opinions of anyone with a recognizable name is beyond me. I don't even want to call any of these people celebrities; the second they step out of their own bailiwicks is when they become just another guy.

Since1969 likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Of course they're more involved. No one referenced what politicians thought or their opinions. You're making stuff up.

They're quite literally INVESTIGATING it as a Congressional action.

#74 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 24, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    cval likes this.
  15. Ralebird

I find nothing at all about a congressional investigation or other positive action having been initiated. I do find a letter has been sent to Goodell, among thousands of letters sent annually by politicians trying to keep their names in the news. Until a real investigation is literally launched, it's just more grandstanding to me - it's what they do best.

What, precisely, do you believe I am making up?

16. Jonathan_Vilma

No one cares what you think. You questioned why politics got brought up. It was brought up because politicians inserted themselves into the topic by starting a Congressional probe. Period.

What exactly have you not found?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...jon-gruden-emails-are-the-tip-of-the-iceberg/

17. Ralebird

What, precisely, am I
    I read that, did you? It says there was a letter sent to Goodell, which I had already noted. That's not any kind of investigation, especially a literal one. It's just a politician being a politician. Pay all the attention to it you think it deserves; I'll wait until they actually do something.

And, again, what am I making up?

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Cool. More RaleBird fodder.

19. Ralebird

Why do you have the need to attack everything I post, even if it's not addressed to you or when you can't support what you write? And why do you find the need to make political comments in threads about football?

Go ahead, paint yourself into a corner, then get pissed off and slink away.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I didn't bring politics into this thread. I responded to someone's political post.

It. Has. Become. Political. Because. Congress. Is. Investigating. It.